189's Lodged March 2015

vanSchoorFamily

Thanks man, actually just found it myself and saw that if the CO asks for it then I will fill it in.

I just noted that on the tracker spread sheet guys were saying that they had front loaded all docs including form80. But will rather wait and see if CO requires it.

It's 18pages long....gosh!

haha i know cuzz..its bloody long aye..most of the time they don't ask..unless applicant is from high risk countries like me lol..jokes.

okey its night here in ozz..i m gunna go and get drunk lol..

fingers crossed till tomorrow..... :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

goodnight....

HHH, we also stressed about it, but it was never asked. All our stuff was front loaded, including pcc. We did the medicals as soon as the link became available.

We heard nothing from them, nada, until our grant letter came. So if all your stuff is correct, and the files are well named, and everything is loaded, but you hear nothing- Don't stress, it's likely you'll get the email with your grant as the first reply.

Unless it starts taking ridiculously long, and it's over the estimated times that everyone gives, then query. But until then, no news is not bad news.

We lodged in Nov and got a response(grant) mid Jan.

Edited by RedPanda
  • Like 1

Fantastic, thanks :) everything is front loaded and well labeled. So hoping for the direct grant...fingers and toes crossed! :)

Fantastic, thanks :) everything is front loaded and well labeled. So hoping for the direct grant...fingers and toes crossed! :)

did you see the tracker cuzz.... almost most of em got their grants or the CO`s Email(till 6th march)

so we should hear something by next week.....:)

Hi, just wanted to ask a question. Did you guys submit an EOI via SkillSelect first and are now lodging your docs for a visa?

Just want to know what the best way is to do this whole thing as I am going to do my IELTS at the end of May so I can do my EOI via SkillSelect. Just worried as friends of mine have already spent R100k and are getting nowhere.

Hi :)

Yes, submitted EOI through Skill Select then lodge visa and pay when you have all your documents ready.

It has taken us a year to get to this point, but we are now waiting on a Case Officer to contact us or a direct grant - will probably be another 3 -4 weeks of waiting.

Good luck and use this forum! It has helped us so much as we are doing it without an agent.

Hey guys. I took a look at the tracker spread sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkrdCphtU8u-dGJQSWROUlZ0bThIaUF2VW9zdUZmMlE#gid=277 this morning and seen that 2 guys that lodged their visa applications on the 13th March have received a direct grant... and 1 person that lodged on the 10th received a CO. eeek, getting so close now, sure mine will come through this week.

Has any other 'Marchers' received good news?

not as yet, we have been in contact with our CO, and there complications with some documentation, so we rushing to get all done. God's hands :)

• Like 1

Hi :)

Yes, submitted EOI through Skill Select then lodge visa and pay when you have all your documents ready.

It has taken us a year to get to this point, but we are now waiting on a Case Officer to contact us or a direct grant - will probably be another 3 -4 weeks of waiting.

Good luck and use this forum! It has helped us so much as we are doing it without an agent.

How many points did you get for your application? I'm worried I might come up short as I'm only applying on my skills and not combined with my GFs.

We both going to do the IELTS in June, I've got a NDip IT 3 year and a BTech IT (busy studying a BSc Honours) and 7 years working experience.

Did you guys do the General IELTS - from my reading it said this is what is required for immigration, but on the point list it says something about advanced english etc. Anyone know how this advanced IELTS score comes from or what to do to get it?

• Like 1

How many points did you get for your application? I'm worried I might come up short as I'm only applying on my skills and not combined with my GFs.

We both going to do the IELTS in June, I've got a NDip IT 3 year and a BTech IT (busy studying a BSc Honours) and 7 years working experience.

Did you guys do the General IELTS - from my reading it said this is what is required for immigration, but on the point list it says something about advanced english etc. Anyone know how this advanced IELTS score comes from or what to do to get it?

Hi

The minimum points you can apply with is 60 points, my wife also didn't have skills that they need so couldn't get the extra 5 points for her score. I applied with 60 points. the only difference between 60 & 65points was that I had to wait for 2invitation rounds, so basically only 2weeks.

Regarding the IELTS test, most people only do the general, I am not sure what the advanced is, but think it is for teachers or something, I could be wrong though.

Really try get above 8 for all sections of the IELTS in which case you can claim 20 points instead of 10, this will help with your overhaul points count. I got 7.5 for writing but above 8 for all the rest, so could only apply with 10points. that's only for you, your GF will just have to get the pass mark as it does not count points for your EOI.

Oh, some where on the immi.gov page under skill select i think, you can read up about the points for each section, then you can see how many points you will have before loading an EOI. do this so you can set your mind at ease. Just be sure to be honest with yourself, because when you load your EOI and you claim points for something you can't support with proof and you lodge a visa application, it will be denied and you won't get your money back.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

Edited by HHH

Hi TheSmitte

A grant letter is the email that we all wait for - it advises you that you have been granted the visa that you applied for - and results in great celebrations :)

• Like 1

Hi,

I got 65 points based on age(30 points), IELTS (10 points), work experience (10 points for over 5 years experience within my field) and my qualification (15 points).

I had to do the academic English test because I am a teacher. I got a 7.5 for writing, which meant I only got 10 points for English instead of 20 if you get 8's all round.

I couldn't claim points for my de facto partner because his occupation is not on list 1 for occupations on Visa 189.

Hope that helps :ilikeit:

Hi dlmonnink,

You can also get some slightly odd combinations for valid points, like me, Age:30pt, IELTS:20pts, BIng (Bachelors degree):15pt =65pt which is valid, and resulted in a visa grant, even though I have no experience working in my field. We also could not claim any points for my husband because their interpretation of his qualification is just too confusing. So he sat the IELTS but he also only needed to pass.

I would recommend that you send your qualification to the relevant organisation to authenticate, and also to validate your work experience. That way you already know what they think you can claim, and what you can support from their point of view. I have heard that we tend to have a more liberal interpretation of what constitutes relevant work experience than they have. And once your EOI has been submitted and you received an invitation to apply, you need to either prove your points claim conclusively or withdraw your whole application, fix your points claim and resubmit an EOI and wait for another invitation. If you apply for the visa and don't have the points, then you lose your money.

Also, there is an immigration booklet that explains the whole point score system in detail, on the gov website.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

Hi everyone!

New to the thread - we also submitted our 189 in March - 18 March to be exact :)

We are already in Australia on 457, so did some of the required medicals already. The HAP letters advised us to do pretty much the same medicals (plus a few more), so just waiting on them to advise that we can skip the ones we already did in South Africa for purposes of the 457.

Holding thumbs for you all!

Hi Marchers.

I got an email today from the CO requesting proof of de facto partnership.

I have uploaded everything they have asked for in the email, so I'm going to email them with the same supporting evidence and some detail under each heading that the email has told us to provide proof of - ie. link it to the correct attachment.

Hoping that works... Please hold thumbs!!!

• Like 1

Medicals booked for tomorrow morning! Hopefully not long to wait now...

Hi @JoCawood

Unfortunately not, on that tracker spreadsheet everyone that applied in the 13th March has either got a direct grant or heard from a CO.....hmmm.

My status on immi says "assesment in progress" which according to the new changes on immi and from what I understand means that a CO has received and happy with the docs but may require more info. So I am just waiting for a direct grant or him/her to say something is outstanding.

Anyone else?

Mine also said assessment in progress for a while after system updates then got the request for documents this morning. I emailed them today but they would have closed by then being 8 hours ahead or so.

I'm so nervous but also feeling positive that we will finally get this. Quite a nerve wracking process doing it without an agent!

Ok cool, well holding thumbs for you too. Really expecting some news this week and hopefully positive news. Trying not to be nervous, just keeping positive :)

We lodged at end of February but got our golden tickets yesterday, so March group should be close now ?

• Like 2

Congrats Mellee!!