And so we begin...

LeoR

Hi all

Firstly, thanks to ALL of you for providing much needed encouragement to all the previous newbies, and for the vital information needed to navigate through these waters...

We have chosen to go with an agent - Migrate2Oz, and thus far Reuven, Monica, and team have been very good. We are almost ready to finalise stage 1 (skills assessment), and have sent the relevant info through to the agency for review, and will hopefully have the application completed and submitted in the next week or so. This is part of the 189 visa requirements process we are following.

My reasons for doing this...there are so many, but I've added another to the list over the weekend - to hopefully not have to get stuck behind a minibus taxi ever again, that has stopped to collect passengers on a road that has a demarcated area for buses/taxi's literally 5m in front of the taxi. :lol::angry2:

All the best

Leo

• Like 7

Hi LeoR,

Welcome to the forum and may you have a speedy and successful application!

Haha the taxis - they usually speed and cut in front of me, only to stop a second later to drop people off, blocking the whole lane so that I cant pass them. Why do they do that? :glare:

But since beginning this immigration journey my tolerance for them has much improved. Probably because one day it will be totsiens julle.

• Like 2

Welcome, welcome, LeoR ! Enjoy our company on the way to down under ! Warning: it's addictive. Very few forumites find it easy to get weaned of this site ... ^_^

Warning: it's addictive. Very few forumites find it easy to get weaned of this site ... ^_^

Welcome LeoR

I agree with Alida.. But it's totally worth getting addicted, there's a whole lot of great people on here always willing to lend a hand or give an ear. Hope you have an awesome journey with us all..

• Like 1

to hopefully not have to get stuck behind a minibus taxi ever again, that has stopped to collect passengers on a road that has a demarcated area for buses/taxi's literally 5m in front of the taxi. :lol::angry2:

Unfortunately, I get stuck behind buses all the time.. The difference is they stop at bus stops, there are just lots of them. They also have right of way. So, if they indicate to pull out, you just have to get out their way somehow.

The really annoying thing is... despite nearly forcing 1/2 a dozen cars off each road, they still can't get to my bus stop on time.

Welcome... we also appointed with Reuven and Monica and Co as our agents, and they were fantastic, you are in great hands:)

Looking forward to following your journey

Welcome LeoR,

You are in excellent hands, Reuven and his team are fantastic!

Hang in there and best of luck with your process.

Welcome to our corner of cyberspace, we have a lot of addicts here, trust we will easily sway you to become a forum addict as well !

Thanks all...will certainly frequent the forum and share my experiences with you...

Edited by LeoR