186 Visa nomination time frame

Haha, at least you know now....two 186 visa grants today that were lodged on the 23rd. So finger crossed for all of us.

• Like 1

Hey guys, so I logged into my immiacount about 5 minutes ago for the 100000th time and saw "granted" where processing used to be, about two minutes later I received my golden email from my CO in Parramatta. My time line is as follows:

Nomination lodged, 27/02/2014

Nomination granted, 14/04/2014

186 Visa lodged, 24/06/2014 (Melbourne)

Loaded all docs except medicals, 26/06/2014

Medicals done, with high blood pressure on the day, 29/08/2014

186 Visa granted, 25/09/2014 (Parramatta)

High risk country

Never heard anything from my CO until now.

Hell yeah, time to pop the champers.

Good-luck to all you guys still waiting.

What's going on surferman???

• Like 4

Congratulations kseafield, that's awesome news. :ilikeit:

I hope so buddy, my boss will do the justification today. I hope the CO approves it. The stress is really getting to me now.

• Like 1

I hope so buddy, my boss will do the justification today. I hope the CO approves it. The stress is really getting to me now.

It's more than likely just a paper-shuffle. You know these Immi people are very strict about dotting their i's & crossing their t's. They find a piece of paper missing, and...you have no choice but to get it.

I recommend doing some actual work to get your mind off it. Listen to some relaxation/study/ meditation compilations on Youtube.

Edited by Bronwyn&Co

Thanks B,

You always come through with solid advice, not!!! Lol. I basically run on idle at work now, just waiting for the grant. I'm sure the CO is just CYA as you say, to avoid comeback. I relax by going to the beach or tapping mom on the shoulder...lol

Newsflash folks,

Just got an email from the CO to say all my doccos for my application appear to be in order and he does not need any additional information. So all I am doing now is waiting for the boss to finish up and send in the justification document. Ahh man the suspense is burning me up. Please Lord, give us an approved nomination!

• Like 3

Parties at your place when that visa finally comes through.

Nomination app in, 11 weeks, no CO, no movement. :(

Edited by BellaR

My boss has only to submit the justification and we are done. We will get a decision. Praying!!!

Holding thumbs SurferMan.

Oh buddy,

At this point I just want the decision, whether it be a thumbs up or a thumbs down. The stress is enormous. Just want it to be over.

• Like 1

SurferMan, every morning I check the forum to see if you have any news....obviously I then check the status of my own app as well. As you said, this is really stressing us out!!! Anyway, looking at the status of one's application when you logg into you account, how do you actually know that a CO was assigned? My status is "In Progress" and next to each applicant's name it says "Processing, wait for the dept to contact you".

Hey mate,

that status is a good thing. Usually means someone had a quick swipe at it. It means you should be assigned a CO fairly soon. If you get stuck I have a party trick to get the wheels turning...And hey, thanks for the support!

YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PR granted today

Application was submitted on the 27th June, accepted on the 1st July

Just have to give a shout out to Victoria & Claire from 4 Corners Immigration who arranged our 457 & PR applications and ours was not simple at all

http://www.4-corners.com.au/

You guys are EPIC

• Like 5

Congratulations Nev, that's awesome news. :ilikeit:

My boss finally submitted the last documents directly to our CO. Awaiting outcome with bated breath! Oh Lord, please give us PR! Then we can get on with our lives. Been on hold for four years in effect. I will post THE MOMENT I know guys n gals.

• Like 3