189 Visa - May/June 2014 lodge gang

MarkandKelly

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

We have a Case Officer!!!!!!! She has requested evidence of overseas work experience - work reference. I have already submitted my Employment contract, Employment reference and payslips, what should I do?

• Like 1

Congratulations. :ilikeit: Did you upload the docs? If you did there is a good chance she didn't get them, the system has a few flaws. :( I would email all the stuff to her you uploaded and ask if there is anything else required.

You can also send her bank statements showing the salary deposits as well as tax returns/IRP5's

• Like 1

Hey.

Just e-mail the documents to them, and say "Please see attached documents as requested".

I had the same thing. They said I need to upload stuff which I already did. 7 days after I sent the e-mail, my visa was granted :)

Regards

Itai

• Like 1

No worries ShaunChantel. Apparently there is some kind of issue with the uploading of the documents that they obviously still haven't sorted out. Some of the stuff uploads fine while other docs go missing in the infernal web.

• Like 1

There are major isuses with uploads, plus a silly 5Mb upload limit. How the heck do you scan full colour documents that can run into 20 plus pages and still make it <5Mb? Boggles my mind.

We have a case officer!! They have requested a couple additional documents but nothing too hectic.

• Like 2

@mattcuz

Thanks!! Nothing for me, just one thing for my girlfriend. We submitted a letter from her university stating that she studied there full time in English for 4 years as proof of her English ability. The case officer just requested copies of university transcripts and degrees as well. Luckily we already had these so I've emailed them through. Hope the next communication we receive is the visa grant!!

• 2 weeks later...

189 VISA GRANTED!!! Woke up to the email at 02:59am!

We are ecstatic!! Hope everyone else on here gets good news soon!!

• Like 5

Oh DFM!

So chuffed for you matey! nice one, hope to post my own successful grant story soon! Seems as though they batch the emails for overnight release, I see and hear of plenty folk who get an email in the early hours of the morning. have to ask, what were you doing up @ 3am?

• Like 1

Matt. That's fantastic. Well done and you deserve it!! What was your eventual timeline and when are you thinking of coming to Aus?

• Like 1

Just got email from Agent - our Visa has been granted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Have to keep pinching myself, we are so happy!!!!

• Like 4

Thanks everyone!!!

@Surferman. I like to think I have a sixth sense with these things ha ha. I told my girlfriend yesterday that I was sure we would be getting it today. I was woken up in the middle of the night by the cat as usual, so I checked my phone and BOOM! The email was there. I'm sure you will be getting yours any day now!!!

@mattcuz

Thanks! Submitted EOI on 16 June, invite and visa application on 23 June, case officer on 10 September and visa on 23 September! We were planning on coming early next year but not there are some other interesting developments in the pipeline that may postpone it for a while. We will be coming for a holiday at least by June next year to activate the visa!

Edited by DeepFriedMatt
  • Like 1