189 Visa - May/June 2014 lodge gang

MarkandKelly

Whoops... Already used the eMedical system on the Immi Account page to complete the pre medical exam questions and printed the referral letter. Booked for medicals for next week. We thought that "front loading" our application with all the required documents would speed up the process. We also already have PCCs and uploaded these. Hopefully all goes well and we get a CO soon who is happy with everything already submitted

We submitted and paid Visa fees on 2 July!!!!!!

Waiting for a CO to be assigned and advise regarding Medicals! Biting my nails.

Just wanting that grant letter in my hand so i can move on with the rest of the stuff, at a standstill at the moment!!!!

Our Medicals are done. How do I know when the doctor has sent through our results?

Hey Shaun, the doctors will normally upload the files as soon as they can. One indication that the medicals have been received by the CO is that the link "organize your medicals" which appears below each persons list of uploaded files, disappears, but that's not always 100% accurate.

Hey Shaun. We did our medicals last week. I logged into our immi account earlier and the link that says "organise medicals" has been replaced by a notice that says something like "medical examinations are not required for this person for this visa subclass based on information submitted to the Department of Immigration". I checked and apparently other people have also received this message once the medicals were uploaded but before a CO has marked them as "received".

Thank you Matt, our children are showing that too now. They were waiting for our blood results before they were going to submit ours. Have you got your police clearances yet?

Thank you Matt, our children are showing that too now. They were waiting for our blood results before they were going to submit ours. Have you got your police clearances yet?

Yes, we have PCCs dated 26 June. We are planning on going over by April next year so the timing should work out nicely. Do you have yours yet? Was going to say that if you're in Joburg or Pretoria then I would strongly recommend going to the Criminal Record Processing Centre in Pretoria yourself rather than going through a police station. But I see you're in East London so I'm not sure what the process is there.

We only sent our PCCs to Pretoria via courier at the beginning of the month and the system shows that they received them on 8 July. So we are waiting....

We planning to go over in June next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone who lodged in late June been assigned a CO yet?

Has anyone who lodged in late June been assigned a CO yet?

Nope, not us. From what I have read, I am not really expecting a CO before end Aug / Sept.

We got a case officer last week, but our application went in early June.

So I think another week or so and you guys should have case officers

• Like 2

@VanTonderFamily

Congrats on getting a CO! That's good to know. Really hope we have one soon, this waiting around doing nothing is killing us. We hope to get the visa shortly after the CO is assigned as we've already uploaded all our documents.

Good luck to everyone else waiting!

• 2 weeks later...

Coming up to 7 weeks now since we lodged our application... Getting pretty frustrated now as I had convinced myself that we would have a CO within a month.

I think they must be busy clearing the backlog of other visa applications that have ceilings that were reached towards the end of the year (i.e. June). It seems that July has been a good month for 190 / 489 visas to be granted.

Hoping that the 189 visas start pouring in soon too!

I lodged mine the last week in July... Boohoo. Still have very long to wait, I lodged with 60 points.

• 2 weeks later...

I withdrew mine as my employer just paid for the 186 for me! See how nice I am, I made space for you guys! :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

• Like 1

We lodged on 23 June and still nothing. Although I'm hearing stories of people that lodged around a week before us that are now starting to get case officers. So hoping we will get one soon!

Hi guys.

A couple points:

- from the research I did, I found it was better to do your PCC's and Medical's prior to getting a CO assigned ... But you will need to go to Aus within a year of the earliest date you had either of those done to check I. (Assuming you got your visa of course). I did my PCC in Jan before I went to America, but only applied for Visa in March due to delay with skill assessment. I also did my medical after receiving my invitation to apply but BEFORE I submitted my visa. In my visa application, I just said my medical was already done and gave details. You can only do the medical after getting the invitation as you need a HAP number which you get through immi system. (I got my visa in 29 days from application, so it seems the advise helped ... And I was delayed a week because of a discrepancy in my one passport).

- I also found through forums, that people who apply between around Feb and May get assigned a case officer a lot faster than those who applied from June onwards. The average time was around 1 to 2 months vs 2 to 4 months. This is from people's accounts of their process on various forums I read. I guess this is likely due to the explanation that Matt gave.

- in terms if the submission and completion of your medical ... On my immi account, my medical still shows as submitted and not completed, even though I already have my visa. However, if you go into the medical link, and click the link that gives you the certificate printout ... It will now show your photo there, and the 3 required items at the bottom will show as 'completed'.

Regards

Itai Etzman

mate,

Front load as much as you can, they have processing times and on occasion will make a decision based on what you provide. See you soon!

Hey Guys. I have a query with the PCC's. I got my PCC in March this year. I am onshore in Aus already. Say I put in my application in November this year will I still have only until March next year to have received my actual visa? What happens if my Visa has not been granted by March next year?

Thanks

They may ask you for another one, depending on when the CO accesses your doccos. I would say if they action on the application before then you will be fine.

Hey mattcuz,

Yes, it's the same principle as lodging your visa under skill xxx, then they drop that off the SOL list. Provided your app was in before they dropped it, you are fine. I reckon you should get a CO by then!!!