189 processing time

NewFutureAhoy

3rd week after submitting visa application - really hoping for CO to be assigned this week

Congratulations on the visas so far!

Acmac and Linz4, I'm also accountant with 60 points. I lodged EOI on 25 Feb and was invited on 10 March. Lodged the visa application on 19 March. Pre-loaded all the docs (everything). Got a CO at last, on 15 April. They were just requesting hubby's Form 80 again, because somehow it opened blank, and a copy of my new passport (again). Sent this immediately, hoping for a grant soon!

• Like 1

Congratulations on the visas so far!

Acmac and Linz4, I'm also accountant with 60 points. I lodged EOI on 25 Feb and was invited on 10 March. Lodged the visa application on 19 March. Pre-loaded all the docs (everything). Got a CO at last, on 15 April. They were just requesting hubby's Form 80 again, because somehow it opened blank, and a copy of my new passport (again). Sent this immediately, hoping for a grant soon!

Congrats!!! Wow, so it took you just over 4 weeks to be assigned a CO - I'm praying soon, this has been an agonizing 8-9 months.

Hey votties? thanks for sharing your timeline! We lodge application early next week ? hopefully ours also goes so quickly!

Have a good long weekend all ?

yoohoo yoohooo yoohooooo!! 189 visa granted!

we did jump up and down and danced around - in the house, not naked, for those of you who want to know what it feels like when you find out!

• Like 2

yoohoo yoohooo yoohooooo!! 189 visa granted!

we did jump up and down and danced around - in the house, not naked, for those of you who want to know what it feels like when you find out!

Awesome!!! Congrats!!! Disappointed you didn't do it naked though ;)

• Like 1

Yay!!!!! What fantastic news!!! Congratulations! ? Enjoy the celebrations!

Votties, just a quick question, did you do your medicals beforehand or after lodging and getting a HAP number?

Edited by Linz4
  • Like 1

Thanks! Relief is a good feeling!

Linz4: we did our medicals way ahead of time, even before we lodged an EOI. We were 'relatively' sure we would get an invite based on all my research, so while I was waiting on my assessment to come through, we decided to do the medicals and be done with it. I don't remember exactly how it works technically, but you create an ImmiAccount, and I *think* there's a dropdown list to select medicals, then they ask you for which visa type, and so you create your own HAP ID, which you need for the check-up.

The medical center then upload the results against this HAP ID, and later, when you apply, you link this HAP ID to your application. It worked without any trouble.

(You can tell I'm not working currently - have loads of time to spend on research and figuring out faster ways to get to Oz!)

Ah man. So super jealous. Hopefully it is our turn to do the immigration dance next week. I have, however, gotten an interview after sending out my CV over a thousand times. Hopefully I will be doing another celebratory dance soon then too!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info votties! Our agent has said we need to wait for a number...so eager to have it done so there are no delays! Anyway, will just go with what he says and hope the is no delay in getting an appointment.

I must say I'm very jealous too! Can't wait for the day that we can also do a little dance ?

Enjoy the research and good luck with the big move!

• Like 1

Congratulations to everyone who recently received their visa`s.

Our 189 was lodged on the 10th April. We went for our medicals on Wednesday (16 April) and we're still waiting on our police clearance certificates - it was registered on saps website on 26 March.

So now we just wait.....

It's looking like it's +- a month from lodging to having a CO assigned - is that correct? I really hope so, cause this is our 4th week since lodging and today got an offer on our house - a little scary not having our Visa grant confirmed and selling our house.

Wanted: Case Officer - PLEEAAASSE!!!!!

Almost a full month since lodging 189 visa application - since starting out on this journey in August last year, it's just been waiting for skills assessment, waiting for invite, waiting, waiting, waiting - enough already!!! Got an offer on the house, and ready now - just hoping for this grant now to come soon.

How many days have you all had to wait for a CO to be assigned since lodging?

Edited by acmac
  • Like 1

Wanted: Case Officer - PLEEAAASSE!!!!!

Almost a full month since lodging 189 visa application - since starting out on this journey in August last year, it's just been waiting for skills assessment, waiting for invite, waiting, waiting, waiting - enough already!!! Got an offer on the house, and ready now - just hoping for this grant now to come soon.

How many days have you all had to wait for a CO to be assigned since lodging?

We waited one month and one day!

• Like 1

Police clearance was submitted today. Freaking finally. How long did you all wait from the day you submitted your documents until your visa was granted?

Visa granted!

Awesome - congrats!!!!!! Was that for 190 or 189?

Edited by acmac

Our visa was granted today!

Congrats!!!! Wow, you lodged after me and I'm still waiting for a CO to be assigned...my luck!!!!

Where you headed to in Australia? I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Edited by acmac
  • Like 1

Fantastic news!

Congrats!!!! Wow, you lodged after me and I'm still waiting for a CO to be assigned...my luck!!!!

Where you headed to in Australia? I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

:( It will happen soon!