189 processing time

NewFutureAhoy

visa granted - yeeeeeeeeehhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! :ilikeit:

wow!!! jumped out of bed and started dancing :jester:

good luck to those of you still waiting!!!!

hahaha I think your reaction is pretty much what mine would be like ;) ... you didn't run around naked outside too by any chance?

Anyways, what were the dates when 1) you lodged, and then 2) had a CO assigned?

felt like it, but the locked doors and gates....SA reality...thankfully prevented that embarassing display :ilikeit:

we lodged on 17 February, CO was assigned on 10 March and today granted - all in all just over 6 weeks! AMAZING!!!

felt like it, but the locked doors and gates....SA reality...thankfully prevented that embarassing display :ilikeit:

we lodged on 17 February, CO was assigned on 10 March and today granted - all in all just over 6 weeks! AMAZING!!!

Niiice!!! I lodged 26 of March - hope all goes smoothly my side. What did your CO request extra from you? - I assume you uploaded PCCs and medicals prior to CO contacting you? Did you have to upload anything regarding payslips, tax documents, bank statements - and if so, was it every payslip, etc. for every month you wee assessed for? Sorry for the million questions, but I'm sure you can imagine what I'm going through ;)

yip, fully understand!

we uploaded PCC's prior to CO assisgnment, but only did medicals once the CO asked us for it (seeing that we could get an appointment at HatMed within two days). following medicals our account didnt show any progress for about a week, so i phoned HatMed yesterday. they sent me proof of upload, which i forwarded to CO and today got the visa.

the medical exam was the only info requested by our case officer (and we didnt fill in form 80 either).

and yes, in terms of proof for work experience, we uploaded:

- one payslip per year for all years we were claiming for. i took the last payslip of every financial year, which then shows payments for the whole year. alternatively i heard that you can also give them bank statements, if you dont have pay slips anymore, but we didnt do that

- SARS info for a few years (didnt have all of them)

- superannuation (my husband's work took out a policy a while ago)

- and references, contracts

hope that's helpful?!

yip, fully understand!

we uploaded PCC's prior to CO assisgnment, but only did medicals once the CO asked us for it (seeing that we could get an appointment at HatMed within two days). following medicals our account didnt show any progress for about a week, so i phoned HatMed yesterday. they sent me proof of upload, which i forwarded to CO and today got the visa.

the medical exam was the only info requested by our case officer (and we didnt fill in form 80 either).

and yes, in terms of proof for work experience, we uploaded:

- one payslip per year for all years we were claiming for. i took the last payslip of every financial year, which then shows payments for the whole year. alternatively i heard that you can also give them bank statements, if you dont have pay slips anymore, but we didnt do that

- SARS info for a few years (didnt have all of them)

- superannuation (my husband's work took out a policy a while ago)

- and references, contracts

hope that's helpful?!

That is exactly what I've been trying to find out from others on forum - thank you so so much. And all the best with the adventure that lies ahead for you and your family.

By the way, the little nemo is as a result of an obsession I have with marine tanks ;) - I had a tank once upon a time, but my daughter, who was 3 at the time, decided to (over) feed my fish ... the profile pic is all I have left :(

Hey kathrin congrats! I can see you are verry happy!!!

Acmac our lodging and CO date were simillar to kathrins just waiting for PCC now. I'm sure you will get CO soon!

• Like 1

glad i could help!

all the best to you too!! ...and once you get to Australia, you could get back to that hobby of yours :ilikeit:

thanx Ozpe - very VERY very happy!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Hey kathrin congrats! I can see you are verry happy!!!

Acmac our lodging and CO date were simillar to kathrins just waiting for PCC now. I'm sure you will get CO soon!

Thanks Ozpe - holding thumbs

Ah man I'm jealous!!!! Congratulations!!!!!

We lodged on 25 February, got a case officer on 26 March. CO said only doc she needs is police clearance by 24 April.

Come oooon SAPS! Would really like to resign at the end of April and need to have applied for a few jobs by then! Everyone says that I must let them know when I have the visa.

Hubby and I now playing the waiting game and living in a tiny granny flat!

• Like 1

Congrats Kathrin! I must say I'm jealous too...still waiting for an invite - hopefully this Monday!

Good luck acmac, NewFutureAhoy and Ozpe!

• Like 1

Congrats Kathrin! I must say I'm jealous too...still waiting for an invite - hopefully this Monday!

Good luck acmac, NewFutureAhoy and Ozpe!

Thanks Linz. What subclass you applying for? and what was your lowest score of the 4 sections in your IELTS?

Edited by acmac

Hey acmac, we're applying for 189 and got 8's for IELTS, so holding thumbs! I'm an accountant so very worried they take us off the list in July...desperate to get there, for all sorts of reasons but also because my entire family now lives there. How many points did you have with EOI, if you don't mind me asking?

Quick one folks, if ACS assess your skills, what did you guys do with the requirement to have an employer reference for every place you worked? I dont have those for SA! Not all anyways!

thanx everyone!!! :ilikeit: and the best of luck ...and patience for the final straight for all of you!!!!!!!!!

Surfer man, we gave a statutory declaration (signed off by a lawyer) for one of my husband's work places, accompanied by a work contract..

that was accepted both by TRA and IMMI.

all the best!

Thanks kathrinn,

I hope to have enough evidence onshore (3 1/2 years) plus 2 years offshore in SA. We decided to reroute from a 186 to a 189...man the $$ into the wind....eish.

I just looked into the 189 criteria, ICT Project Manager is not on the SOL list!

Hi Surferman,

ICT PM is still on the CSOL and is currently being sponsored by Victoria for a SC190. I would recommend this as it also provides you with an extra 5 points.

Regards

Hi SD_MOA,

Thanks for that. Here is my situation. I have done all the paperwork, including PCCs, medicals etc, just have to sit English and do Skills. I have a CPeP from the ACS themselves and am all teed up.

189 visa granted!!!!

Received lost PCC by courier yesterday and sent to agent to upload last night, got email this morning with grant letter. They must have just been waiting for that...

HUGE thanks to SD_MOA for all the assistance and making the aplication process a breeze!!

• Like 1