489 Temp Visa School cost

B007

Hi there All. We have just been granted a 489 Visa three days ago. Would any one be able to tell me what the cost would be For Schooling per month or per annum for two kids (primary and High school) would be on a 489 Visa. And the cost for Medical care would be. I will appreciate any response regarding the costs.

Hey B007, sorry can't help with the cost of things but I am sure there will be someone here who can.

Just wanted to say congrats on the visa grant. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

What state in Australia are you going to and are you planning on sending your kids to state school or private?

On a 489 you are not eligible for Medicare and will have to take out Overseas Visitors Health Cover, I would estimate that it would be between $300 and $400 per month, but you would need to have a look at different quotes from companies such as Medibank, IMAN, BUPA and so on, you can get a quote via the iselect website or google private health cover.

Hi Andrea. I will find out the cost for Medicare. We are a Family of 4 and we are heading to a Regional area in WA, at this stage I have been speaking to Jordy and we are looking at Mandurah WA. At this stage any help is appreciated Many Thanks

Remember that Medibank is a private medical insurance, Medicare is the government medical which you are only eligible for when you have p.r. ....................overseas visitors cover http://privatehealth.gov.au/healthinsurance/overseas/ovhc.htm

As far as schooling goes, at present temporary visa holders such as the 457 do not pay overseas student tuition fees, but they are being phased in in WA in 2015, where there will be a $4000 fee for state schools, currently there is no fee for state schools apart from a voluntary parent levy of up to $100 per year. I don't see the 489 visa mentioned so hopefully you will be O.K.

As far as private education goes, fees are decided by each school and there is a great variety in cost, Catholic schools are seen as semi-private and have much lower fees as they are subsidised.

• Like 1

Thanks for that. Jordy gave me a few Names of Good Schools in Mandurah I will follow the links and see what they say