I am a Poultry manager (Poultry Farm Manager), I am also involved in

fruit farming and wine grape farming.

I would like to know if it is worth using a consultant to help arrange

everything, I have heard there are some scamsters involved in that

industry...... any opinions?

I have also started looking for a sponsor, because my skill is not on the

SOL.

I would like to have a look around before I make any final decisions, but

want to rather use that money on the visa application.

All and any help will be wonderful.

:ilikeit:

Hi Dawie,

Been following this website and everyone's posts for quite some time and finally got validation today to be able to communicate with everyone - Yay!!!

We applied years ago, got accepted with everything in place, just had to take the plunge, but felt timing was wrong ie child too young and then had another, so on and so forth!! Eventually our PR visa expired without us going and applied yet again and thank God were accepted again. We used Four Corners both times and can recommend them, my husband attended one of their info evenings in Sandton which got the ball rolling. I would suggest you research them and any other potential agent thoroughly including asking them for a list of clients that you can call and should, offcourse also check whether there are any bad press in the media out there. Sit down with them and see whether you like what they have to offer and weigh-up the pros and cons and see what works for you. Whoever or whatever path you take should be the one that puts you, your family and your needs first.

• 1 month later...

Update time!!! :jester:

Received a positive result from VETASSESS (in 2 months :ilikeit: )

Have to re-write my IELTS this Saturday (14 Dec), (Listening 8.5, reading 8, writing 6.5 and speaking 7, I wrote the academic version :oops: ), writing the general test this time.

Will be applying to WA for state sponsorship in January when I get my IELTS results

Still waiting for unabridged marriage and birth certificates (it has been more than 2 months???) :angry2::censored:

Doing lots of research w.r.t cost of moving etc....

• Like 3

It seems that families are in demand when the Immgration people look to approve or not.

I guess Australia needs all the wheelchair pushers in the future it can get for us older Aussies.

It seems that families are in demand when the Immgration people look to approve or not.

I guess Australia needs all the wheelchair pushers in the future it can get for us older Aussies.

Hi Bob,

Well it is a good thing that I have a family to bring over with me!

Me too, hopefully they approve me because of wifey and baby lol, I'm kidding, but yes they do seem very family orientated.

I Guess if you have a family you are motivated to work, pay tax and therefore be a benefit to the economy.

Trev

• 3 weeks later...

IELTS DONE!!!!! Listening 9 (My wife does not agree with this one :whome: ), Reading 8.5, Writing 7, Speaking 7.5. Band score is 8, its a pity I can only claim a 7.

Still waiting for all the unabridged certificates..... :yawn:

Will lodge state sponsorship soon

Edited by dawie002
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

EOI lodged 8 Jan, invite recieved from WA 15 Jan :ilikeit:

Still waiting for unabridged certificates :angry2: They say they cant find my information, I had to fill out extra forms, they cant say how long I will have to wait.

Has anyone else had this problem, what can I do about it?

EOI lodged 8 Jan, invite recieved from WA 15 Jan :ilikeit:

Still waiting for unabridged certificates :angry2: They say they cant find my information, I had to fill out extra forms, they cant say how long I will have to wait.

Has anyone else had this problem, what can I do about it?

Dawie, I've had a similar problem, we are still waiting on our son's one. My wife and daughters came through quickly, but his is still missing. I called this morning and was friendly but forceful and said that it was urgent as I needed to apply for a VISA and since it's past the 6 week mark they were able to open a case and told me to call back on Thurs/Fri to check if a case officer has been assigned and to follow up on the status, that may help?

MisterMoose also suggested in another post to use a third party service and he used these guys, http://www.certificateassist.co.za/, obviously you pay a premium, but he shared his was received in a week. I've not used the service myself, but if I don't have closure in the next 2-weeks I'm going to use Gawie.

Best of luck!

Dawie, I've had a similar problem, we are still waiting on our son's one. My wife and daughters came through quickly, but his is still missing. I called this morning and was friendly but forceful and said that it was urgent as I needed to apply for a VISA and since it's past the 6 week mark they were able to open a case and told me to call back on Thurs/Fri to check if a case officer has been assigned and to follow up on the status, that may help?

MisterMoose also suggested in another post to use a third party service and he used these guys, http://www.certificateassist.co.za/, obviously you pay a premium, but he shared his was received in a week. I've not used the service myself, but if I don't have closure in the next 2-weeks I'm going to use Gawie.

Best of luck!

Thanks for the reply, I have been through that process, they should have given me feedback about a week ago. The long and the short is they just don't care. My application has been hanging since September 2013. I will fetch my son's passport today, perhaps its my lucky day.

I hope you get good news soon. :ilikeit:

Edited by dawie002

Best of luck!

Recently I needed a really hard to find certificate (my grandmother's from the 1920s) and mailed every public email address I could find for anyone and everyone in Home Affairs. Finally, a very kind lady replied and helped within a few days. Search the home affairs website for email addresses and start mailing ... one mail to each of them every single day. By day three or four you'll have a reply!

• Like 1

Recently I needed a really hard to find certificate (my grandmother's from the 1920s) and mailed every public email address I could find for anyone and everyone in Home Affairs. Finally, a very kind lady replied and helped within a few days. Search the home affairs website for email addresses and start mailing ... one mail to each of them every single day. By day three or four you'll have a reply!

Thanks mistermoose, I did just that, I mailed the director general of DHA, phoned the complaint hotline again. Emailed every address that I could find today. I hope to have an outcome by the end of the week. I still have time to get the docs, but I would like to have them ready by the time we have a CO. I wonder if one can get a visa approved without ithe certificates? Anyone care to comment.....