New here

dmkza

Hi,

I am new to this forum,.

I am currently goint through the steps of getting to Aus.

In short, we have done some research and have started looking at possible ways to get going.

Any help or advice is welcome.

Cheers

Dawie

• Like 1

Hi Dawie

This forum will help you a lot. Ask the questions you need - even if they sound foolish.

Best wishes with the adventure!

• Like 1

Welcome Dawie,

If you give a brief intro ie just you or family coming over, what is your line of work etc then the clever folk on this forum will be able to give you some advice.

All the best with your plans

Welcome Dawie!

All the best with the journey ahead.

Advice that I would give is that a good place to start is by applying for all your identification documents (Passports, Unabridged birth and marriage certificates for each member of your family) ASAP as getting some of them could potentially take months. This is really a wonderful community of people always willing to help with info and support along the way, all you need to do is ask and read, read, and read :)

Welcome Dawie

You are at the best place to start this amazing, and sometimes scary, journey.

Ask away and the friends on here will not only help, they will bend over backwards to assist.

Wishing you smooth sailing and all the best.

Welcome Dawie,

If you give a brief intro ie just you or family coming over, what is your line of work etc then the clever folk on this forum will be able to give you some advice.

All the best with your plans

Thank you all for the welcoming.

My wife is pregnant and in her last month. So it will be wife, baby and I

that will be coming over.

I am a Poultry manager (Poultry Farm Manager), I am also involved in

fruit farming and wine grape farming.

I would like to know if it is worth using a consultant to help arrange

everything, I have heard there are some scamsters involved in that

industry...... any opinions?

I have also started looking for a sponsor, because my skill is not on the

SOL.

I would like to have a look around before I make any final decisions, but

want to rather use that money on the visa application.

All and any help will be wonderful.

:ilikeit:

Welcome Dawie, may your journey be a smooth one!

Using an agent will not save you from all the documentation that you have to get together, all of that you still have to do yourself. The agent will ensure that you are eligible, they will assist you with the submission of your documentation and advise you on the category of visa for which you can apply.

If you do want to use an agent, then come back and ask, there are a number of agents affiliated to this forum that come very highly recommended.

You can do all of this yourself, if it is straightforward, however, if you have an application that could be complicated, most people would use an agent.

You mentioned looking for a sponsor, which would mean a 457 visa, these are usually done by an agent linked to the sponsoring company. You cannot apply for a work visa, without having a sponsor.

Welcome Dawie, may your journey be a smooth one!

Using an agent will not save you from all the documentation that you have to get together, all of that you still have to do yourself. The agent will ensure that you are eligible, they will assist you with the submission of your documentation and advise you on the category of visa for which you can apply.

If you do want to use an agent, then come back and ask, there are a number of agents affiliated to this forum that come very highly recommended.

You can do all of this yourself, if it is straightforward, however, if you have an application that could be complicated, most people would use an agent.

You mentioned looking for a sponsor, which would mean a 457 visa, these are usually done by an agent linked to the sponsoring company. You cannot apply for a work visa, without having a sponsor.

Hi,

I have looked around and found that my skill is on the CSOL. I have tried to fill out an Expression of interest (EOI). They want verification of my English and assessment of my skill (Where do I do these tests/verifications). Then I can apply for a Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186) (Permanent).

Is that the right route to follow?

Edited by dawie002

Hi again,

Are there any good agents that you can recommend?

Hi Dawie

You cannot apply for a sponsored visa yourself, you have to first find a company that is willing to sponsor you for either a temporary 457 visa or a 186 permanent visa, but for either visa the company has to first put in a nomination of sponsorship and then the application for a visa is submitted.

Have a look on the CSOL at the code for your occupation and that will tell you if and where you need to submit a skills assessment and what language requirements are necessary, they may be slightly different depending on if you find a sponsor and what type of visa they want to nominate you for. :)

Hi All,

I have decided to use Migrate2Oz as my agents.

Seem like they have a good track record.

Will keep on posting as I go along.

Thank you very much for all the well wishes.

Regards

Dawie

• 2 weeks later...

Hey dawie002. Welcome to the forum and good luck with the rest of the process.

Hi Dawie,

Welcome to the forum. I am also using Migrate2oz, you wont regret it, you are in good hands.

Our baby was born 2 weeks ago, Liam a boy - Man did i shout when i saw him, as we did not know the sex, nice to still receive a surprise in times where we tend to know everything.

When we were a few months pregnant we decided when "baby" says howzit - we say Bye RSA. Its sad, and had it not been for the bub i would happily stay on in RSA.

Well we are in process so i dont want to get jump the gun and get my hopes up, but we should at least hear from vetassess soon.

All the best boet.

P.S. I am in CT if you want to pop in for a coffee next time your in town.

Trev

• 1 month later...

Update:

1. VETASSESS Application is submitted.....here comes the long wait

2. Applied for all un-abridged certificates....already have baby's one

3. Have made contact with some potential employers

4. Writing IELTS on the 26 October

5.Doing lots of research.....

Edited by dawie002

Number 4 on your list is probably the most important thing Dawie, it would be nice if you share anything occupation specific or anything else interesting you uncover for the folks that will start the journey after you :)

Good going, good luck with everything :)