Geld van SA na Aus

JaneDoe88

Kan iemand my dalk inlig hoe om my geld van Suid-Afrika na Aus te bring? Ek het my huis verkoop en wil graag die geld oorbring om hier 'n huis te koop.

You can open an Australian bank account from South Africa. Obviously, you'll first have to choose a bank - Commonwealth, NAB (National Australia Bank), ANZ, etc. As far as I know (according to South African Reserve Bank regulations), you are allowed to transfer up to R4 million if you are single or R8 million as a family per calendar year.

Not sure if this link will work but this sets out the rules and regulations for people who wish to leave South Africa and take up permanent residence in another country:

http://www.resbank.co.za/RegulationAndSupervision/FinancialSurveillanceAndExchangeControl/EXCMan/Section%20T/Section%20T.pdf

JaneDoe88

Dis gewoonlik relatief maklik via exchange4free.

Praat met Tanya v.d. Westhuizen.

Hulle kan jou help om die rekening oop te maak en die nodige Tax Clearance certificates by SARS te kry, indien nodig, ens.

Hulle vra gewoonlik so ongeveer 1% van die transaksie bedrag as 'n fooi.

Jou bank gaan tien teen een 4% vra en dan nog adisionele transaksie fooie.

Daar is ander maatskappye wat dit ook doen.

Praat met die mense by CashKows, hul het als vir ons uitgesort.

As jy 'n Ozzie rekening benodig, dan kan ek Commonwealth Bank of Australia voorstel :)

Sterkte

:)

• Like 1

Baie dankie vir al die antwoorde! Ek sal almal probeer. Ons is reeds in Australie, maar het nou eers ons huis verkoop in Suid-Afrika nadat ons dit verhuur het. Ek het reeds bankrekening in Australie en blykbaar het ek adres nodig in Suid-Afrika en dit het ek nie meer nie. Ek kan dus geen adres besonderhede verskaf nie. Al die antwoorde waardeer ek baie en sal beslis dit gaan navolg. Ek het net geen idee gehad hoe en waar om te begin nie, want sover kon niemand my nog inlig daaroor nie.

Nogmaals baie dankie.

Dan kan ek CashKows definitief aanbeveel, hul sal definitief kan help :)

• Like 1

Cashkows het ook kantore in Oz. ek is huidig besig om hulle te gebruig.

Bradporter / GideonVD

Moet n mens n tax clearance kry van SARS? Std Bank wil nie help indien ek nie clearance kry nie. Doen Cashkows dit?

Hi Gord,

Yip, Cashkows did mine for me. I do not know how to do it yourself as I obviously did not go that route.

I see you are based in Durban, if you need to get together for a chat let me know. i'll be leavimg for Oz on 29th July.

As die bedrag onder R1 Mil is dan het jy nie die Tax clearance nodig nie.

Cashcows/exchange4free sal jou kan help met die clearance indien nodig.

Gewoonlik vra die banke amper 4 keer wat Cashcows of exchange4free jou sou vra vir hulle werk.

Wat ek hou van exchange4free is dat ek die exchange rate self kon dophou en kies teen watter exchange rate ons transfer.

In die laaste paar maande was dit tot 9.70 en weer terug tot 9.05 dis amper 7% minder as jy verkeerde tyd transfer. 7% van R1 mil is aan die einde van die dag AUD7,000 minder of meer. Die bank vat natuurlik ook 4% so daar is nog AUD4,000 of R40,000 in die drein af.

• Like 1

Jacques - Agreed a tax clearance would permit you an additional R5 million over your annual discretionary allowance of R1 mill per person per year.

Cashkows also permits you decide when you want to trade. Hopefully news out from the USA doesn't hurt the rand too much as I am still gambling on the exchange.

Edited by Bradporter

I will contact Cashkows tomorrow, but one of my 'problems' is that most of my money will only be available after I have already left (provident fund proceeds and proceeds of house sale (offer signed)will take three months min to be finalised - I start 2 Sept in Sydney).

Will they / Can they assist with me physically not here in SA?

Also, Is my understanding correct that the ONLY benefit in officially emigrating is that you can access RA or similiar blocked funds then? (and a bigger R8 mill allowance but I wish I had that problem to deal with!)

Cashkows will assist you once you're out of the country. They also have an office in Aus. They will open a blocked Investec account for you, handle your RA payments. You instruct your lawyers to pay the house proceeds into the blocked account.

You do not have to formally immigrate to get your RA's out of the country. When you get to Aus, you apply for your Aus Tax File Number (ATF), That means you are now an Aus tax payer (give the number to Cashkows) and they will have you de-registered as a RSA taxpayer - at this stage they can then get your RA's released subject to the statutory RSA tax tables.

Speak to Pieter Muller at Cashkows

pieter muller

c +27 82 453 5219 t +27 (0) 28 312 2764

email pieter@cashkows.com

skype pieter.cashkows

I'd use CashCows for my RA as well.

So I followed everyone's advice and contacted the experts.

Cashkows pointed me towards FX Capital (I do not have any RA's, only provident fund paying out upon resignation and proceeds of house sale).

I know have my Investec account all setup, FX Capital will do all the tax clearances (required when you exceed R1 mill per year) and I have a lot less to worry about!

Now if only the exchange rate could magically improve.................

I have pretty much done the whole visa application, job search on my own, but feel very comfortable letting the experts deal with the money transfer / tax issues. I found the knowledge on foreign allowances and tax certificates MOST lacking at my local Std Bank branch. The Prestige banker also clueless on the finer details and when or if a clearance certificate is required.

I trust Tim will look after you.

We sit here together holding thumbs on the exchange rate, however, I think we're about to take a pounding !!!

So from my experience, the media and international events has some effect on the exchange rate.

For Example:

We had some turbulence in mining industry with strikes and people being killed. ZAR was around R9.50/AUD

Mandela hospitalized and overshadowed negative media reports about strikes. ZAR was improving.

The weekend of the 1st of July (Obama visited RSA) the ZAR was as strong as R9.04/AUD

Now we have some strikes again and Mandela Family fighting each other. ZAR up to R9.28/AUD

Soon, I expect Mandela will overshadow other reports again and ZAR might come down in that time, perhaps to 9.10 if we are lucky. I'm expecting it to happen around the 18th July.

One only has to look at Egypt to see what continual strikes and protests does to an economy.

Didn't I say swap money when the rate was R9.03? ;):P

Assuming we had any to swap.

Yip, that was also the only problem for me :o

.......and I'm still gambling!!!!

R9.00 flat and I'm still gambling !!!!

Just converted some spending money though.

I am also hoping it keeps going south in the short term.