Anyone on here moved from Sydney to Brisbane?

MiniDachsie

^^^^ This just shows how each city, and even sometimes the place you chose to live in a city, can feel just right to some and not to others. It is very hard to give advice as you never know how it affects each person as Mrs Mupersan shows. I don't find Brisbane like this at all and love the Brisbane river with the citycats speeding between great inner city locations, though I guess the fact I live far closer to the action and know where in the inner suburbs the action is (which can take a while to find being a smaller place than Sydney) probably makes a big difference...it also affects the type of people you meet day to day similar to where you live/work in Sydney. Noteworthy point Mrs Mupersan makes about Moggill. The pocket in the far outer west of Brisbane is renowned for leaving you hemmed in by the river and is something people moving should take note of. I did hear the residents out there resisted a bridge as they didn't want what they considered the riff/raff on the other side to have access. :( I've only been out there once in my life though so it could be all rubbish :)

Edited by Fish
  • Like 1

Thanks Mrs Mupersan, well said and true Fish. Each place has its positives and negatives, and each person different things they need and value. All I know is that Sydney is not for me anymore. I HATE going into the city, hate the crowds and hate paying a premium to live here. But most of my friends love it here. It's a tough decision, but hopefully somehow I'll make one. Thanks everyone.

• Like 1