Helicopter Pilot seeks job

Roelofjdutoit

Does anyone have contact with the aviation industry in WA? I am in the process of converting my license to an Australian license. Was wondering if the is anyone that might need a Helicopter Pilot in WA?

Sounds like such a nice job... Good luck, hope you get something soon.

Thank you for the posts!

Bams it is the best job ever, I also have an Aeroplane license, but I prefer to fly Helicopters!

Mara, thank you for the link, I was just wondering if there is someone on the blog that has some inside info on the aviation industry. I have contacted lots of people and companies in Aus , but they all want you to first be there and live there and then they will give you a job, just wanted to see if I can hook up with someone in the helicopter bussiness.

Have a great day

No problem, I understand. Used to have a nephew, by the name of Joe Roodt, that was a helicopter pilot in RSA, he lived in Jhb.

If you have a night rating and have flown the emergency helicopters, try making contact with the Melbourne emergency services. http://www.ambulance.vic.gov.au/Paramedics/Our-Vehicles/Air-ambulance-helicopter.html

Contact Bristow in Perth , they supply chopper

Pilots to various mine sites. Good luck

• 6 months later...

Hi there Mr Du Toit,

My name is Ryan Bothma and I'm planning to move to Brisbane in the next 2 weeks with my wife Jessica. I was browsing the internet looking for chopper pilot forums that might be informative and helpful when it comes to looking for work in Aus, and I came across your post on the SAAustralia website. We've recently signed up to this website and it seems very helpful and all the members seem really friendly!

I just wanted to ask whether you were able to find work in Aus? I'll be in the same boat as you very soon so I'd really appreciate any advice you may have. I'd also prefer to go with Bristow straight away as they're a massive company and they look after their pilots really well!

Hope to hear some good news from your side.

Kind Regards,

Ryan Bothma

ryanbothmapilot@yahoo.com

Hi Ryan

Have a look here: http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/38604-any-other-pilots-out-there-who-want-to-or-have-immigrated-to-australia/

In that thread there is a forum member in the Australian aviation industry offering advice and help.

You could maybe try to contact Peterm for some advice.