Bond Cleaning

Lynnie

Ha ha ha! Good job, Lynnie :ilikeit: . Nou weet ek wie my moet kom help huis skoonmaak voor die inspeksie ;)

Hoop julle het hordes fotos geneem vir julle entry report.... en maintain net jou plek so goed jy kan,

Maar ek sal met liefde kom help, hoor, ek vra nie baie nie :whome: :whome: :whome:

Just came across this thread.

For those of you struggling with mould - I'm not sure how oil of Cloves work for preventing mould (will keep it in mind)

But, if you have mould and want to kill it, one of the best things I've found is Borax (usually found in the laundry isle). Mix it with some water into a paste and scrub the mould with it. Most other remedies remove the mould but doesn't properly kill it and if any remains behind it will just start growing again. I saw a report where a scientist put a borax solution on mould under the microscope and he could see it breaking down the cell walls of the mould and killing it.

Hope someone finds this useful.

Oh, and if you're into natural cleaning products I have a great one for stainless steel.

1/4 cup citric acid (do you get that there)

1 cup warm water to dissolve the citric acid

1 cup white vinegar

3 - 5 drops of dish-washing liquid ( this helps it to foam and stay in place instead of just being watery and running all over the place)

30 drops of Orange essential oil (Not necessary but gives it a nice smell and cuts through grease really well.

Mix this in a spray bottle, spray on stainless steel (also cleans tiles etc. but do not use on granite or marble), let it sit for a minute or two and the clean.

This really seems to leave stainless steel sparkling, and even gets rid of minor rust.

Meanwhile, in the mould capital of the world (Sydney).......................

I got my folded cardboard boxes out of the shed (after 8 months), to start the painful packing process for the move to our very own house. Big problem, they are covered in the weirdest mould I have ever seen. Its white, and a mix between a mushroom and a spider web. There is no way I am taking those boxes and their mould spores to my new house. I now have to chuck them somehow and get all "new" boxes from somewhere for the move a couple of streets away. I have two weeks to pull this miracle off. Aggghhhhh!!

Best cleaning advise for your oven racks is to throw them in the bath with napi-san overnight then wipe clean the next day :)

• Like 2