Bond Cleaning

Lynnie

AAAARGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dit is verskriklik!!! I have been cleaning all week and it doesn't feel as if I am getting anywhere :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Ek is seer op plekke waar ek nie geweet het mens kan seer he nie!!!

The walls are my biggest headache.... all the cloths I use disintegrate after a few wipes....

AND - How the heck do you clean the blinds? I have these venetian material ones that is CREAM of all colors....

Any advice (and encouragement) will be appreciated :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Moeilik, ne?

Don't understand cream carpets and such in rentals.

I am more worried about the blinds that are cream - I don't want to fork out $700 to have them cleaned :closedeyes:

Are they in a particularly bad state that you HAVE to clean them? I never did and we had a couple of rentals with those ugly cream coloured ones as well. I'm too old (tongue in cheek) for these kind of jobs and prefer to pay a cleaning company to clean the house and steam clean the carpets. Once done, they provide you with a statement of the work done which I give to the agent. It gives me peace of mind, not to mention a few less aches and pains - the body kind :)

They have mold on them (and a few dirty marks which I suppose I can wipe off) - but it was there when we moved in already... I am just paranoid that they'll expect us to clean the mold.

And - what is a good cleaner to properly clean a stainless steel stove top? You know those brown rings around the stove plate? O my word - where to start.... ????

I cleaned our blinds with ajax spray and wipe. Test on one of the seams first. I sprayed the blind lightly and then wiped down with a cloth. Worked a dream. Dont close the blinds afterward until dry. If you are lazy like me (I call it inventive though). you will take a big enough cloth that goes around the panel and one hand in the front and one in the back from the top down seems to do the job.

• Like 1

Just use Jif and a non scratch scourer on the stainless steel stove top.You know, one of those oblong metallic looking scrubbers from Coles.

• Like 1

We had the same issue. Mould on the blinds. We took photos of it when we moved in and made a note on the report. We suffered a lot with allergies and blocked noses and then enquired if we can remove the blinds and instead hang some curtains. We have to replace the blinds when we leave and will not be responsible for cleaning the blinds. If you took photos of it or it is stated in the report, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just talk to your agent. I found them mostly very helpful and understanding.

I use a bit of Mr Muscle fast action oven cleaner on the stainless steel stove top. Be sure to leave it on for a few minutes only and do not get it on any plastic bits.

We leaving this rental end of May. Hopefully this was my last ever rental on earth, as we have had 4 in 4,5 years! We have flimsy wooden venetians everywhere. They are huge dust traps and go mouldy in Sydney. We only use that Earth Choice brand I get at Woolies/Coles, I put a few drops of clove oil in the bottles when I buy them to combat the regrowth of mould. Anyway, for the blinds, I spray their Multipurpose Cleaner on the venetians from a distance, then with those disposable blue and white kichen cloths wrapped around my fingers I go through every slat. Dont introduce water to the mix. More difficult with cloth, but I would also keep water to a minimum. Dont stress if you didnt do the dirtying. Sadly my active baby has broken some of the slats, hope we get away with it as it wasnt perfect before.

I use a bit of Mr Muscle fast action oven cleaner on the stainless steel stove top. Be sure to leave it on for a few minutes only and do not get it on any plastic bits.

Kan mens dit op die plaat self spuit?

Has anyone heard of oil of cloves to get mold off?

In the past I once very successfully used diluted white vinegar to remove mould from wooden blinds. It was in a rental and had been there for quite some time and had penetrated the wood - it never came back.

Oil of cloves kills mould spores, while bleach lightens the stain.

We had Venetian Blinds but the aluminium ones, took them off hung them outside, sprayed with diluted Car engine degreaser

and hosed off with hose pipe, they where never that clean before! Not even when new!

Now we have Wood ones, much harder have to clean each individual blind with Mr. Min, pain staking job!

Elbow grease removes mould (with soapy water of any description). Oil of clove prevents it from coming back. Put a few drops in all your cleaning fluids.

Elbow grease removes mould (with soapy water of any description). Oil of clove prevents it from coming back. Put a few drops in all your cleaning fluids.

My elmboe is stompies gewerk al aan die blinds.... maar helaas!!!

I'll try the oil of clove - hopefully it will work and not stain the blinds or something...

What does your condition report say about the blinds?

keep in mind the property needs to be left in a "reasonably clean condition"....not brand new spotless~~

I know... my hubby thinks I'm a lunatic with this :blush: When we moved in, there was already mould, but as we have lived here for 2 years- of course it has accumulated (I did complain about it initially). I am worried that they might hold our bond back because of this and say that it is our responsibility to clean it even though it was already there. I have heard horror stories about agents refusing to give the bond back over trivial things - I just don't want to take chances...

Lynnie, do you have a record of you complaining about it initially? Email or something? In which case I would stop scrubbing right now! :whome:

I really think you are all panicking about nothing much, yes the house , oven, showers and carpets, stove all need to be clean, but don't allow the agents into the house without you been there their attitudes are different walk around with them as much as possible,for years that is what I did, no problem, we even had a dog that was with us the whole time we rented without them ever knowing on inspection day someone in the house took the dog for a long walk.

We have a house that we rent out, when there is something that has to be seen too, we do it. we have had people in our house for the last 6 years and in that time we have had 3 inspection reports from the agent. within the next few weeks my husband and I will go and inspect the house to see what major repairs need to be made, and inspect the property as well.

Please don't let the agents frighten you about the house inspections, after 6 months as far as I know you have the inspections every 6 months and depending how long you are at the property it can then become once a year. but it is always best to try a get your own property as soon as you can. we arrived here in 2000 on a salary of 61.000

and we managed to buy a property as soon as we could, today we own 2 houses so don't give up on your dreams and aspirations. hope this helps in some way or another

• Like 1

Lynnie, do you have a record of you complaining about it initially? Email or something? In which case I would stop scrubbing right now! :whome:

We took our own photos and compiled an entry report - with the mould. I'll see what happens - net nie lus vir drama nie :blush:

Janet - baie dankie... sodra ons pr kry (hopefully within the next few months - we are submitting next week :ilikeit: ) sal ons begin kyk om te koop.

We took our own photos and compiled an entry report - with the mould. I'll see what happens - net nie lus vir drama nie :blush:

Then I would serious not worry about it. In my experience, this would be enough.

ps. I will be going through this at the end of May, for the last time :king:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I had the final inspection today.... after almost 25 hours of cleaning, scrubbing and stressing - the agent did not even stay 5 mins (I am quite annoyed by this, I wanted her to check every inch!)... She said she's never seen a cleaner house :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

What a relief... I was even scrubbing the garage walls this morning before she came :whome:

Tonight there will be champagne :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

• Like 6

Ha ha ha! Good job, Lynnie :ilikeit: . Nou weet ek wie my moet kom help huis skoonmaak voor die inspeksie ;)

• Like 1