Excess baggage company vs Move cube?

sammyjo

@ Nicknel- Im sure you can, use all the space you can find. Just check that your fridge will be accepted there in terms of the Ozone friendly requirements (i dont know what they are, sorry). You will also need to remember to label the fridge with the contents (as you would do for a box)

@LizM - you dont have to pay for additional insurance. You can just go with the built in/basic one. We did. Look at the fine print, I could not see too much difference between the two. As you pack it yourself, you take all the risk for damage. They only seem to cover if the ship sinks (okay thats a basic way of thinking, but It has to be a major disaster for them to cover things) or if things are stolen.

@Toitjie - bubblewrap!

• 2 months later...

I removed the front wheel and the pedals taped everything up on to the bike frame then bubble wrapped and then put the cardboard wrap around that, just make sure you scrub the wheels and pedals they will check for sand, also make sure you pack the bike in the front with your shoes because that will be checked. All treated wood is allowed if your wood has been stained and varnished all good to bring in they just don't allow bamboo, raw wood, seeds,beads, grasses, wicka if painted or stained/ varnished its okay.

Remember how you do your itemized list is important how you name your stuff, I just said "bed side table" not wooden bedside table

I think they would have checked everything if I said the word wood.

Just to let you know you can purchase a new bike here at a place called Big W from $98 to $150

Hi all. Sorry to revive an old topic again, but I am now in the process of planning and packing. I see you mention an itemised list. Is this a compulsory list that has to be completed for Oz customs? Does Seven Seas provide the list or must it be downloaded from somewhere?