Brisbane Get-Together

Lynnie

Hi,

Would anyone be interested in a get-together in Brisbane? How about the 24th of Nov? Any suggestions for a venue?

Sal lekker wees om almal te ontmoet en lekker saam te kuier :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Ooh, I have an idea...we should have a "packing picknic" at my house :-) Everybody comes over to our place to help us pack up our house(we are moving that following week and I have a 5 week old) and I will supply sausage sizzles and coke ;-)

• Like 2

Ooh, I have an idea...we should have a "packing picknic" at my house :-) Everybody comes over to our place to help us pack up our house(we are moving that following week and I have a 5 week old) and I will supply sausage sizzles and coke ;-)

LMGA!!! Very funny... Where are you moving to? Can I help with anything?? Please pm me if you want :ilikeit:

As for our get -together - How about the Botanical Gardens at Mt Cootha? Any ideas?

• Like 2

Cool - let's make it for the 24th, say about 10am? - or would you rather prefer a Sunday?

Count us in Lynnie - have been procrastinating about arranging something like this for a while now !

Sunday or Saturday would suit us fine ..... good spot too

Craig

Without wanting to throw a spanner in the works another nice handy spot is the Roma St Parklands if you guys are looking for a new spot for next time.

Being in the city centre almost every train and bus from every side of Brisbane passes near it. A lot of people don't know it is there so can be a nice surprise.

IMG_5176.JPG

It has lovely shady spots for a picnic or bbq and open areas and swings for the kids.

771316-best-bbq-spots-roma-st.jpg

Edited by Fish

That park looks stunning Fish. Will definately have to visit it.

We really enjoy it...they have an auditorium at the back where they have events on as well.

It's surprising how many people who live in Brisbane who have never been there.

It is here if this helps with orientation. Only 10 mins or so walk from Queen St Mall.

brisbane-cbd.jpg

Edited by Fish

We love ith there too :ilikeit: :ilikeit: Was just thinking that perhaps people would like to park there cars where we are going. Maar as mense bereid is om die tren/bus te vat met die piekniek gear is dit cool :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Dalk moet ons dit die Sondag doen, ons was al op 'n sondag daar en daar was parkering...

Is julle dus keen vir Roma eerder? Maak nie saak nie - ons kom vd geselskap...

Ps: Ek sal 'n Bulle - vlag opsit as aanduiding van waar ons is :blush-anim-cl:

Lynnie, I will have to sit elsewhere - how can I sit with a bulls flag close by? :whome: . Sharks all the way!

• Like 1

I see there is a game tomorrow night. Whoever wins can proudly display their flag, deal?

If the Bulls win, we will have to invite Jaques, an avid supporter.

Perhaps we should all invite the people we know and make it a real party. Bronwyn, why aren't you responding?

We love ith there too :ilikeit: :ilikeit: Was just thinking that perhaps people would like to park there cars where we are going. Maar as mense bereid is om die tren/bus te vat met die piekniek gear is dit cool :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Dalk moet ons dit die Sondag doen, ons was al op 'n sondag daar en daar was parkering...

Is julle dus keen vir Roma eerder? Maak nie sa

ak nie - ons kom vd geselskap...

Ps: Ek sal 'n Bulle - vlag opsit as aanduiding van waar ons is :blush-anim-cl:

My suggestion was just adding another choice for next time Lynnie....Mt Coot-tha botanical gardens is lovely as well. Love the japanese garden. There is some parking btw at Roma St parklands but it can fill up if events are on. I usually park near the Albert St entrance if visiting on the weekend. Around this area: http://maps.google.c...2,288.8,,0,5.71

Edited by Fish

Hey Brisbanites

I'm keen as well. I will put a reminder into my phone for 24 Nov....just need to finalize where it's going to be. Nice thing about the place Fish suggested is that it's quite accessible with public transport....no need to drive anywhere.

• 3 weeks later...

Hallo!!!

Ons was met "vakansie" in SA dit is hoekom ek so stil was... dit is HEEEEERLIK om terug te wees tuis in Oz :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Ok - kan ons die piekniek reel vir Sondag 25 November? Is dit nou afgespreek vir Roma Parklands?

En Sharon - ons praat nie oor die rugby nie, my sielkundige het gese ek is nog nie gereed nie.... :whome: :whome: :whome:

Hi all! Would have loved to go but we are moving on the 27th so I have a bad feeling that ,although I fully intend for it not to happen, I will be packing 90% of my things on that weekend :-(

Hi all! Would have loved to go but we are moving on the 27th so I have a bad feeling that ,although I fully intend for it not to happen, I will be packing 90% of my things on that weekend :-(

Nou maar dan kan ons dit sekerlik skuif? Jy gaan seker die naweek daarna ook uitpak?

Wat dan van 2 of 9 Desember?

Hi All! Just found out today that we have a 457 Sponsor, and that we will be moving to Brisbane within the next 8 weeks!!! Eeeekkk!

Would have loved to meet you all but won't be able to make it to this get-together, but thought I should introduce myself anyway :)