Brisbane Get-Together

Lynnie

Hey Tisha, now I'm jealous. I can't wait to join you guys. Feels like I am on a really unpleasant family holiday and just want to go home.

Was also just wondering if we can confirm the date and time for the get together.

So far we seem to have a majority vote for 28 April at Roma St Parkland's at 9:30am. We are just going to have to organise another one for those who can't make this one.

I can't wait to land in Brisbane and meet everyone.

• Like 1

Personally I would prefer the 27th as the 28th is our wedding anniversary - not too romantic getting together with all of you :whome:

Ha! Ha! I'll bring you a cake.... how long have you been married then?

Ok - let's make it then for the 27th of April 9.30 at Roma Parklands in the city. Will the 27th suit everyone?

Hope to see all of you there :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

We are in for the 27th. :jester: Can we confirm this so that I can add it to the events calendar please.

• Like 1

roma_parklands_5x400x1050-copy.jpg

dsc07546.jpg

Julle is ook ma lekker wintie met julle smart plekke,geniet dit....

• Like 1

We are in for the 27th. :jester: Can we confirm this so that I can add it to the events calendar please.

Yip - let's confirm it now.

27 April 2013

9.30 Roma Street Parklands

Kiddies playarea

BULLE Flag

See you there :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

OK the event has been added to the calendar. :ilikeit: Can't wait to get there.

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/calendar/event/164-brisbane-get-together/

Wish I could join...

We spent almost a full day just walking through Roma Parklands in Dec.

It is big. May I suggest you post the co-ordinates within the park for those that do not want to spend 30 minutes looking for you. There are several braai (sorry, BBQ) facilities throughout the park.

The first time ever I saw someone washing the outside of a clean looking rubbish bin. Oh wait, when I was a child... never mind, this thread is not about clean parks.

Watch for the lizards, they are everywhere and will pose for pictures.

Big play area next to the water, but no playing with balls allowed.

Next time consider south-bank. Nice fake beach with lifeguards etc. They were showing movies on a big display across the water one evening when we passed through there. Almost like a drive in but without the car. Kids were sitting on towels, some without adults next to them, at 9PM or later watching.

Jinne, nou wil ek net saam gaan...

• Like 1

There goes the party!

I'll bring the REDS flag :whome::P

• Like 1

I'll bring the REDS flag :whome::P

HEOJJ: Jy volg dan nie eens die rugby nie.... :closedeyes: :closedeyes: :closedeyes: Weet jy dan nie wie die beste span is nie??

Brad: Ag nee man - nou sal die party EERS great wees :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

• Like 1

I'll bring the REDS flag :whome::P:lol:

:lol: I'll keep an eye out for the both of you on Sky News. ..."Two South Africans arrested for fighting in a public park".... You know these bulls fans lack a certain etiquette! ;)

Edited by Brad76

Whatever you do, just don't stand there with your flag telling people "I'm just waiting for a mate"

:lol: I'll keep an eye out for the both of you on Sky News. ..."Two South Africans arrested for fighting in a public park".... You know these bulls fans lack a certain etiquette! ;)

Sies man - Lacking etiquette? That is quite insulting :closedeyes:

Looking forward to the get together! Very keen to meet new people!

• Like 3

Lynnie we are keen to come but my son has golf lessons at 9am (1 hour) so we will get there around 11!! Will anyone still be there?

D

• Like 1

Lynnie, for you will killa the bulls and stay the whole day. :ilikeit:

• Like 2

Well - we'll only meet at around 9.30 - so yes - I am confident that we'll be there still at 11 :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit: PLEASE COME :ilikeit:

HEOJJ - Don't know about killing the Bulls..... :blush-anim-cl:

• Like 1

Hi Lynnie

Thank you so much for organising this. My hubby, 12 month old and I will also be there. Can't wait to meet people 'en om 'n bietjie Afrikaans te kan praat.

Lauren

• Like 2

Welkom Lauren, sien uit om julle te ontmoet :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Sien julle is nog nuut hier - laat weet as ek kan help met iets :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Hi Lynnie

Thank you so much for organising this. My hubby, 12 month old and I will also be there. Can't wait to meet people 'en om 'n bietjie Afrikaans te kan praat.

Lauren

Hey Lauren

Welcome to the forum. We are also looking forward to meeting the rest of you. Will be nice to see some "familiar" faces. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

Hi Folks

Looking forward to the 27th......will be great to chat to people that have just arrived as well as all the oldies! Has anyone settled in the north? I am in North lakes if anyone wants to have coffee or a glass of wine?

Wishing you all a great weekend!

Hi Folks

Looking forward to the 27th......will be great to chat to people that have just arrived as well as all the oldies! Has anyone settled in the north? I am in North lakes if anyone wants to have coffee or a glass of wine?

Wishing you all a great weekend!

Hi Wendy,

I am about 20mins from you - we could always meet up if you are keen? Like the sound of the glass of wine :jester:

Super excited for the 27th :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

We'll see you guys on the 27th .... we live in Coorparoo

cheers,

Craig

• Like 1