• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riekie

• Mara

• LeeInOz

• VivaOZ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A I will obviously be arriving a few weeks before my container, I want to bring my small iPod docking station and my media centre so that I can listen to music and watch movies. Would I need to declare these items? If so, what is the procedure?

As long as the total does not exceed the $900 allowance - and you may combine your totals for the family. Makes sense?

They're not too fussed about your personal items but if you have an iPod in your hand and 6 others in your suitcase, THAT's when they start asking questions. If in doubt, ask them when you go through passport control (i.o.w. "do I have to tick anything for my iPod?") They have a lot of patience and understanding if you ask and if you make an effort to declare honestly. If you seriously don't know, instead of making a tick, put a little question mark - they WILL ask you why you have a question mark, then you explain that you were not sure if you should declare your iPod. They'll wave you past with a smile.....home free!! :rolleyes: Just don't lie or try to hide things!!!

As long as the total does not exceed the $900 allowance - and you may combine your totals for the family. Makes sense?

They're not too fussed about your personal items but if you have an iPod in your hand and 6 others in your suitcase, THAT's when they start asking questions. If in doubt, ask them when you go through passport control (i.o.w. "do I have to tick anything for my iPod?") They have a lot of patience and understanding if you ask and if you make an effort to declare honestly. If you seriously don't know, instead of making a tick, put a little question mark - they WILL ask you why you have a question mark, then you explain that you were not sure if you should declare your iPod. They'll wave you past with a smile.....home free!! :) Just don't lie or try to hide things!!!

Thanks Riekie.

• 1 month later...
Guest EVERWHAT

Does anyone know if they sticky with downloded movies? I copy all my DVDs onto my external hard drive, so I can watch then on my laptop and not spoil the disks. Yes, I am anal :lol:

The originals will be coming in he container ... :ilikeit:

• 4 weeks later...

It asks there on the card, have u been in contact with any farm animals, does that include horses?

Candivw, yes absolutely it includes horses, they may just ask you a few questions, as our quarantine laws are very strict.

I brought my external hard drive with all my DVDs in my laptop case, they did not even look at it.

Wait till they see my son arriving,

his total 7 kgs hand luggage consists of a laptop, PS consol and all his games, and a pile of computer junk that go with his gaming computer. Not a book, deodorant, toothbrush, just his IMPORTANT stuff !!

Pleased to hear you guys got thru customs with similar.

• 4 weeks later...

The card is still exactly the same.........horses are farm animals(old mcdonald had a farm)........your shoes must be supper clean.........downloaded movies on your external hard drive no problem.

• 3 weeks later...

What about movies we recorded onto dvd's from movie channels (DSTV)?

These were not copied from the original DVD's.

BG