Incoming Passenger Card

Riekie

I am planning on taking medication in, I have got both a script and a report fom the Doctor. Will I need anything else and will it be a problem.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riekie

• Mara

• LeeInOz

• VivaOZ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am planning on taking medication in, I have got both a script and a report fom the Doctor. Will I need anything else and will it be a problem.

Is it for stuttering? :thumbdown:

No problem, just declare it on the entry form and tell them when you get to customs, they just lloked at the Drs note I had, asked me to point out the medication on the X ray display. ( More to train operators who had not seen what it looked like. NO bags opened. They asked what some other items were. (We brought some wire geckos and zebras as gifts. Again no opening of bags was asked. I brought several months medication, and was ready to explain, but was not even questioned becuase I had the documentation you speak of.

I have a question for thr forum members in this regard - I see the form asks for an address while staying in Australia. What a bed and breakfast address surfice, eventhough you will be moving within the first week of arriving?

A general address has worked for me. Suburb and city perhaps?

The reason they want a contactable address from you is in case something goes wrong. For instance, a day after the plane has landed they find that somebody off the flight has a contagious illness, they have to contact all the passengers off the flight in order to have them vacinated, or seen to or something. So yes, the B & B you are staying at for a week is fine.....

Mara,

Thanks for the info - the first few weeks I should imagine will be temp housing before we start getting set with Jobs etc . . . Thanks again.

K&B

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for all the tips

Just a quick question about the money?

Is it better/cheaper to convert the ZAR to AUD here or there?

Which way works better?

:stretcher:

Definitely exchange your money in SA, you will be hard pressed finding an Aussie bank willing to change Rands to Dollars. I was with somebody who tried it some time ago and they were told, give us your phone number, if somebody comes in looking for Rands, we will call you and then we will exchange it for you. Wow!

• 4 months later...

If you have medication would you need a doctors letter stating why you have the medication?

On the arrival card, do they ask about things you have on you on the plane or would it include things you will have shipped over?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all.

We came in Aug 2007 and I did not know what this card was all about. Now after 10 month I realise that the customs poeple in Aus see this little bit of paper as a legal ducument. Here is a program on TV called Border security and time and again they saw someting on this card that they do not like. And believe me when I say they can make live hell for you if you have not been honest on this card. In Australia they see it as a criminal offence not being honest on this specific little card. Please be carefull. If you dont'n know what to fill in just ask someone. We also did not know what to fill in at the question of have you ever been in Africa because we also did not think of SOUTH AFRICA being part of AFRICA and when we asked the poeple at the customs desk they siad that we must tick YES.

All advice that I can give you, after I saw BORDER SECURITY, is please read carefully and answer honestly.

geepers creepers how can you not see South Africa as part of Africa the word Africa is the give away sorry for the boldness. Are we not trying to get away from the dishonesty and corruption and crime in SA so why would anybody not be honest with the card

geepers creepers how can you not see South Africa as part of Africa the word Africa is the give away sorry for the boldness. Are we not trying to get away from the dishonesty and corruption and crime in SA so why would anybody not be honest with the card

Op 26 Augustus 2007 om 2:40 OZ tyd, was dit omtrent 30 ure vandat ek 'n goeie nagrus gehad het. En daarmee bedoel ek van 8 in die aand tot 6/7 die volgende oggend sonder om wakker te le en te wonder, want op daardie staduim van die geveg het ek maande laas regtig geslaap. Manlief en die kinders het lekker op die vliegtuig geslaap maar ek kon vir een of ander rede nie gesettle kom nie. Skielik word ek WEER 'n stuk papier in die hand gestop wat ek moet invul terwyl ek amper nie meer kon reguit sien van moegheid en stress nie. Dit was nie asof ons glad nie gedink het SA is deel van Afrika nie, ons was net nie seker of die Aussies die so sou sien nie. So om seker te maak van hoe hulle die wereld sien het ons seker gemaak daarvan by die customs mense wat ons moee sielle reggehelp het.

Wat die eerlikheid aspek aanbetref. Jy sal verbaas wees van hoeveel mense regtig kanse vat met hierdie kaarte. Daar was spesifiek nou die dag 'n Suid-Afrikaner wat nee gemerk het by die vraag van "Criminal Offence". Immegration het sy inligting van SA af verkry en hy was vantevore aangekla van iets kleins maar was nie tronk toe vir dit nie. Hulle het om vir omtrent 3-4 ure ondervra en aangehou om te vra hoekom hy gelieg het. Op die einde van die dag het hy verduidelik dat hy gedink het dat hulle net wou weet of hy in die tronk was en hy was nie so hy het nee geantwoord. Hulle het om toegelaat om in te kom maar nadat hulle om HEL gegee het.

Ons almal lees partymaal goed verkeerd en dit is maklik om dit op die kaarte ook te doen. Al wat ek se is dat jy moet seker wees dat jy die beste antwoord gee want die immegrasie mense is baie op en wakker en hulle tel bitterlik vinnig op wanneer iets nie na hulle sin lyk nie. As hulle wel iets op die kaart kry waarvan hulle nie hou nie of wat JY nie reg ingevul het nie kan hulle jou op die eerste vlug terug stuur sonder om 'n oog te knip en dan kan jy ook toegang tot OZ geweier word vir tot 3 jaar.

Ek sien jou punt hier, oor moeg en gefrustreer soos tien ek moet nog daar deur en ek hoop ek maak nie n fout nie maar sal nie lieg nie soos die ou. Jy hoef nie in die tronk te wees om n krimenele record te he nie dit is graad een huiswerk gewees.

If you have medication would you need a doctors letter stating why you have the medication?

On the arrival card, do they ask about things you have on you on the plane or would it include things you will have shipped over?

If you have prescription medication, have a copy of the script with you - you won't need a letter from your doctor.

The information does not apply to what you're shipping over - only what you have on the plane.

Just be very honest and declare - if in doubt, ask! (Eg if you have spices and not sure if that counts as "food", then tick it. They have various "checkpoints" even before you go through customs and more than one person will ask you about what you've ticked).

Hi all,

Question on this little card: When do you get it, on the plane or when you land??? I have 3 kids - 2 small boys :ilikeit: and I need to find out if I can fill it out on the plane over the long trip. (I am going alone) so I need any adive that I can get.

Also trying to find the link that says what you can take and what not in you suit cases : e.g: christmas tree, glass beads, craft feathers etc.- can someone help :ilikeit:

Thanx so much

Malinda

OOPS sorry forgot to ask: Do you fill in just 1 card per family or is it 1 per person???

Thanx

Malinda

Hi.

Should we declare our "over the counter" medications as well? Things like Panado for my wife an I, or Stopayne for our infant.

Hi

If you go to the Quantis page you might find some info of what is allowed and what not. Or even the Australian customs. You get this card just before you land. But I am sure that if you ask the hostess for one as soon as you're in the air she might give you one to fill out during the flight. We filled one for each of us, that includes my two daugther as well. I can't remeber if that is what they wanted or just one per adult.

We heard so many nightmare stories before we came over that we basicly just packed our toothbrushes. I left ALL my toiletrys, perfumes, medicines everything in SA. It was just to be on the safe side. Luckily we did not have any hassels when we landed.

Good luck

Edited by VivaOZ

To be on the safe side, declare EVERYTHING. When we came through customs I asked the AQIS lady if I was to declare my sinus meds and disprin etc (over the counter) and she advised me to declare. Rather declare, if you're unsure than be taken away to explain why you are taking something in and making a "false declaration". I must admit, having children, I "stocked up" on certian meds before comming over coz I wasn't sure what the meds would be over here, and didn't want to be caught short if one of the kids got flu, a cough or a sore tummy etc. I brought in a vanity case FULL of meds, which I declared and they didn't even open up the case to check what was in it.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

Question on this little card: When do you get it, on the plane or when you land??? I have 3 kids - 2 small boys :ilikeit: and I need to find out if I can fill it out on the plane over the long trip. (I am going alone) so I need any adive that I can get.

Thanx so much

Malinda

You usually get them somewhere after the first meal was served and everyone is settled in for the rest of the flight. If you haven't you may ask for them to give you yours so you have time to fill it out. :cry: They sometimes forget and only hand it out once the plain is starting it's descent. (Spelling?? <_<:blink: )

OOPS sorry forgot to ask: Do you fill in just 1 card per family or is it 1 per person???

Thanx

Malinda

1 Per Person (and for each child too) - if you make a mistake, you could ask for extra ones

• 1 month later...

A I will obviously be arriving a few weeks before my container, I want to bring my small iPod docking station and my media centre so that I can listen to music and watch movies. Would I need to declare these items? If so, what is the procedure?