Hi there, some more Pretorians on the way...

GideonVD

Will see if I can convince the wifey ;)

Thanks anyway :D

Hi,

Welcome and good luck to you!

I am also based in Pta (east) ... and also had to have my skills assessed by ACS .. under which code/category did you specify?

I received my Visa grant Monday .... :ilikeit:

Let me know if you need any info ... Hopefully I can help out :grads:

Im another Pta East person, where about are you? Im Waparand.

Strewth!

Not another one from Pta?

Name's Bob.

Looks like you're heading for Melbourne with your IT quals.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Thanks, yeah. Me and the wifey are seriously considering Melbourne, we had a choice of SA, Northern (Darwin) or Victoria... and from what I've read up on the places, Melbourne sounds the best out of them all :) (all just personal preference off course ;))

We are seriously looking forward to going... although we first want to go on a little one week tour through Italy before we head off to Auz ;)

Have you or the wife been to Australia before ?

Nope, but still interested, as we originally planned to go either UK or Canada, but they are a nightmare to get into now unless you are a brain surgeon, rocket scientist or millionaire investor.

I would suggest then that you may want to take a trip and go and have a look at Oz and also New Zealand as well. Oz is a heck of a big place which means that the life style do vary quite a lot between the different locations.

I've lived in Europe/Middle East/USA for almost 9 years, pretty luck I have Oz, Swiss and South African citizenships, so most of the world is open to me. I'm also in the IT industry, almost 20 years now and worked for Microsoft for a long time.

Cool... will consider it.

• 1 month later...

Hi Gideon,

Just want to run a quick question by you since you are using Global Visas - my cousin is considering using them (although I have also given the names and details of a few other agents active here on the forum to her which she will explore as well). She will need to get her degrees accredited and apparently Global Visas does all that and it is included in their fee? Is this indeed the case?

For others on the forum and especially agents, what is the process when degrees have to be accredited and costs involved in doing it? Bit of a random question but hopefully not too unclear.

The accreditation costs extra, but GV does take care of the whole process and guidance.

Basically you will need to provide English versions of all certificates and degree papers and transcripts with a copy of your CV and all employer reference letters.

Hi Gideon!

Melbourne was also our number 1 choice until my husband had a skype interview with company in Sydney...(Sydney never even made our shortlist!). So we started our research from scratch and I compared the jobs available in Melbourne and Sydney on Seek and how regularly jobs were added. We decided early on that we would go where our chances were best of securing employment. For us, Sydney was not our first choice but the safest choice...

I honestly can't think of a better place to live! We absolutely love love love Sydney and to think we almost didn't even consider it!! We have never been happier :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit: I guess what I'm trying to say is..if you're not successful with your state sponsorship application at VIC (which we weren't because they were flooded with ICT apps at the time) don't limit yourself to a specific state/city.

Best of luck and congrats with the IELTS results!!

A

Edited to add: We were lucky enough to qualify for Independent PR and at that stage the Independent visa processing time was very short so it was a blessing that we never got SS..not sure if you have that option available to you. :blush-anim-cl:

Edited by AAAZR