Hi there, some more Pretorians on the way...

GideonVD

Hi there,

Name's Gideon. Me and the wife have decided to start the process of getting out of the sinking ship known as South Africa to try and make a new beginning and hopefully a better future in Australia.

We are currently using Global Visas as our agent to facilitate the process (which is costing an arm and a you know what).

I've just recently received a good assessment from ACS on my IT qualifications and working background. Hopefully getting my IELTS results this coming Friday.

Will be asking a lot and reading a lot as we go.

Thanks in anticipation...

:D

Baie Welkom!!! Julle maak verseker die regte besluit - ons kyk definitief nie terug nie...

Baie sterkte met die reis wat voorle en laat waai met die vrae!!

:ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Dankie, sal so maak ;)

Welcome, make sure you read up on the EOI process as this is the new process you will be required to follow. In summary you get scored and ranked, then those that rank highest get invited to apply for a visa.

I would suggest you stay away from agents at this early stage unless you feel your situation is complex. The EOI process is free to submit and it is a good idea for you to have control over it yourself in my own view.

Please keep in mind that if you are invited to apply, that you understand the time limits, I think it is 60 days you have to provide all documentation required for your application.

Do not lie on your EOI to try get higher points, if anything is found to be untrue on your EOI, you invite will be withdrawn and you will be barred from applying in the future.

Good luck and all the best.

Cool, no problem. I have a Masters degree in IT, and over 10 years working experience, so no need to lie about anything ;)

Cool, no problem. I have a Masters degree in IT, and over 10 years working experience, so no need to lie about anything ;)

I think the issue is less about lying and more about the risk that you mistakenly/unintentionally/unknowingly claim more points on your EOI than you're actually entitled to. This is a bit of a "black box" process since you never really know.

To try reduce this risk, you can get your skills assessing body to also give an indication of how many years of experience you have for the purposes of the points test. There is a rule that if you claim more points on your EOI than the DIAC eventually awards, then the visa application must be refused and you'll lose your application fee and have to apply again.

Well, the agency involved will have to make sure they do their job in calculating the points correctly for the EOI, or they will be forking back some money for lack of service...

Hey Gideon, welkom.

I am surprised that you went with Global Visas, not a good rep on this forum or other immigration websites. Google them. You sound like a bright guy, watch them like a hawk and make sure they do what they promised to do. Keep everything in writing and just beware.

We unfortunately chose a bit early in the game before having all the details, before we got to know about these sites. But that's done and can't be undone.

So far they have done everything as required. Although they sometimes need a good prod now and then to wake them up.

I keep all my emails ;)

Edited by GideonVD

Hi,

Welcome and good luck to you!

I am also based in Pta (east) ... and also had to have my skills assessed by ACS .. under which code/category did you specify?

I received my Visa grant Monday .... :ilikeit:

Let me know if you need any info ... Hopefully I can help out :grads:

Hi Gideon

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the rest of the process, read, read and read some more and you should find everything you need here in saaustralia land. We are also using agents and now I wish I never did, but that's a whole other saga.

Thanks,

@Cranzy... will check and give feedback as soon as I confirmed it :)

and also had to have my skills assessed by ACS .. under which code/category did you specify?

261111 (ICT Business Analyst)

Oops, double post :(

Edited by GideonVD

Welcome to the forum. My husband is a microsoft consultant here in Melbourne, Victoria and we love it here. You are really making the right decision for your family.

Good luck and welcome to the forum family.

• Like 1

Thanks, we can't wait...

Hey Gideon, welkom.

I am surprised that you went with Global Visas, not a good rep on this forum or other immigration websites. Google them. You sound like a bright guy, watch them like a hawk and make sure they do what they promised to do. Keep everything in writing and just beware.

Sadly I was a victim of global visas. Agree -watch them like a hawk..... With that said Welcome Gideon

Thanks and will do ;)

Great to see you here. Welcome and good luck. I'm also in IT, but just a lowly programmer :whome: . We are going to Adelaide, leaving in December. Best of luck for the process. Hope it's quick and painless for you.We are planning a Joburg get together on the 6th Oct, so maybe you will have time to join us all.