Medicals Questions

JohanK

Could someone maybe shed some light for me because my tunnel has just become very dark and we need some light at the end. :blink:

We applied for a 457 visa and went for our medicals my wife was menstruating so the Doctor told her to wait a bit before we do the urine test. This morning she tested her urine and there was still evidence of blood in her urine.

What I would like to know is there anyone in here that this has happened to as well and how would the Aussie medical guys look at this.

Hi Johank

Did Dimia tell you that your wife must also have a medical , cause if they did not then she does not need one.

Sometimes the doctors push for medicals just to make money

Hi

Ya, she had to she is the main applicant as she will be sponsered and we will just tag along, but I suppose we will have to wait and see, she will be going to the urologist this morning and what makes me more concerned is that the women that works there said it is abnormal and mentioned cancer!!! But that just angered me more because who is she to say something like that.

ok , I understand

What an idiot to tell her something like that.Hope everything works out for you guys.

Stay positive :blink:

Hi JohanK,

I feel for you, but there is very likely nothing to worry about. I'm sure the blood is just trace from her cycle, or, worst case, she might have a bladder infection which Aussie doctors will almost certainly not hold against her.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Cheers

Ajay

Guest Seoul Sister

Hi JohanK,

I am with Serileen, What an idiot to say something like that. :blink: Pay no attention to her nonsense, as she is obviously just highly unprofessional !! I found some info and according to this there are 88 different reasons for blood in urine, so pay no attention to the over-the-counter unfounded comments !! :) Medicine could be the cause, so could too much exercise, and a whole bunch of other very every day things. :ilikeit:

For some plain English explanations of what could be going on please see:

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/articles/8828-2.asp

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/sym/blood_in...ne.htm#possible

I also say - stay positive - :huh: I'm sure there is a perfectly fine, normal explanation for all of this ! Good luck, let us know when you have your answer.

Love from here

SS

:ilikeit:

Hi

Thanks you guys!!!!

Personally I also think it is just something small and not something to worry about I hope. It is just one has come so far in the process and our house is soled one car is soled, we only have a place to stay until the end of April and were planning to leave SA in the first week of May. The urologist can only do some kind of procedure on Monday next week to determine what the cause is so I suppose we must just wait. My poor wife has been subjected to really bad vibes at work. This month is her last month of work in SA because of the vibes I told her to resign and take a month off before we go. So I think it is just me being a bit down at this stage.

I truly hope all is ok because this will be a real let down for both of us, mentally and spiritually we are so ready for this move and looking forward to it. She already has a job offer on that side and we made good money out of the sale of our house, but hopefully all will be ok

Guest Seoul Sister

Good luck until Monday !

I'm not sure whether the following might work, but I had a whole series of bladder infections after the birth of my first baby and after trying loads of different things a South African pharmacist suggested I drink citro-soda (not sure of spelling). Apparently the bacteria (correct term for the baddies ? :blink: ) that irritates the bladder hates Vitamine C and by drinking this you flush those baddies right out ! It's like drinking vitamines, only more specifically for this purpose. Maybe you could ask a good pharmacist in your area if it is worth a shot to clear things up in the meantime ? I remember it kicking butt within two days ! :ilikeit:

It's an effervescent (sachet of powder that you chuck into a glass of water) and it tastes like lemon juice, actually very nice... :huh:

Sure all will be fine.

Love

Seoul Sister

:)

Someone has posted the exact same sort of question on British Expat's site on the Lifestyle forum side not the immigration section.

Lots of people answered, seems that some had to redo the test. Also on immi's site they mention that for 5-7 days after your period you should avoid doing the medical.

Cheers

There's a lot of reasons why anyone could have blood in their urine, so I don't think you need to worry about that (although it's not be ignored). Please let us know - I think we're all a bit concerned now and would like to get confirmation that she's OK!

I think your concern is also how it would be interpreted by the officials who assess your wife's application? Has anyone had to deal with that before? Were their application denied because of that?

JohanK, hope you'll find all the answers soon!

My husband also had blood in his urine when he went for the medical for his new job. The doctor told him it was probably due to the heat but the sent the sample in to the urology lab anyway. The doctor also ensured him that it would probably not keep him from getting the job if something was wrong. I am not sure it will work for the visa medical.

We heard nothing from the lab so we are assuming all is well, I hope and trust everything is fine with your wife as well.

Hi All

Thanks for your concern, she will be seeing the urologist today and has sent a sample off to the lab for some testing. She drank a hell of a lot of water yesterday before she went for the urine test at the migration Dr. and the amount of blood in her urine was not that much. So I suppose at this stage it is a question of wait and see.

Johan

Ek hoop alles het toe goed vir julle uitgewerk.

Voor vrouens met hul siklus begin (so 2 dae) en 'n week na die siklus sal daar bloedspore in die uriene wees. Beste tyd om te gaan vir die "medicals" is so 2 weke na die rooigety. Ek moes maar ook self deurloop en omdat sy 'n GV is, is hulle strenger.

Onthou ook om voordat julle oorkom, dat haar GP 'n brief vir haar gee dat sy al haar immunisasies gehad het, asook die Hepatitis een. Ek weet nie of hulle so streng is in Perth nie, maar ek moes hier in NSW al daardie simpel dokumentasie gehad het. Moes weer vir 'n Hepatitis "booster" gaan omdat ons "health care workers" is.

Groetnis

Madelein

Hi All

Well it went very well Lara went for a Cystoscopy on Monday and all results was ok no cancer and she is just one of those 5% of people that will have blood in there urine. So we will get the report today and the doctor will the send off the medicals to Sydney. I am sure they cannot reject our application now.

:ilikeit::whome::blush::lol:

^_^:);):D:D:D:D:D:D

That's great news JohanK. I'm sure it's a load off of your minds and now you can concentrate on getting over here! :ilikeit::whome:

Hi All

Well it went very well Lara went for a Cystoscopy on Monday and all results was ok no cancer and she is just one of those 5% of people that will have blood in there urine. So we will get the report today and the doctor will the send off the medicals to Sydney. I am sure they cannot reject our application now.

:ilikeit::ilikeit::sleep1::whome:

:blush::yawn::):D:D:D:D:D:D

I followed this with a lot of interest as I knew exactly what you must have been going through (stress, stress and more stress). We are also on a 457 and waited in anticipation for the results of my son's medicals. He has Stargardst macular degeneration and has therefor poor vision and we were also requested to hand in additional reports etc (before we started our process we were told that DIMIA might see him as a liability and that it can lead to a decline in our application). We also sold up everything and our visa application took around 6 weeks as it was over December last year and everything we did was just done in faith although it did not help for the stress levels. Juan-Pierre actually started to ask us whether we have a plan B if the visas did not get approved and no we did not, which even made it worse!!!! Cannot begin to tell you how relieved and happy we were when everything got approved.

Just hang in there - people sometimes make these processes worse than it actually is!!!

Rialet

Great News JohanK - glad everyting's OK with your wife! :ilikeit:

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I was also following, since we will be going on 457 VISA. So glad your wife is OK and we now know when to go! :ilikeit:

Vossie just got his appointment yeaterday at Aus Meat Holdings in Rockhampton and we will be going for medicals soon. Should we wait for them to let us know who and when since we will all [me and the 3 kids] be tagging along on Vossie's visa. We are in a big hurry since he has already resigned and our house and car is not sold yet. Looking urgently for them to get sold. We thought if we could go for medicals and them send everything in together that we will have a reply quicker.

But on the other hand we do not want to do it too soon, and spend a lot of money for nothing.

Is there any other reason that they can refuse you for medical reasons?

Thanks for all the info, it really helps us lots! :rolleyes:

Elmaré

Nou het ek strooi aangeja. Vossie ek het perongeluk jou post by die immigrasie inligting stuk gedelete ipv om dit te skuif. Sorry man. En ek wou reply het en alles. Sal netnou gou probeer onthou wat jy alles gevra het in 'n nuwe post.

Elmaré, jou medicals kan jy eers doen as hulle begin het met julle visa aansoek. Sodra julle 'n TRN nr het dan kan julle voortgaan met die medicals. Hulle gebruik die nr op die medicals papiere. Dit vat gewoonlik so 3-4 weke vir 457 visa aansoek. Jou man kom seker darem eers terug SA toe of hoe?

Hi,

Yes please, don't do your medicals without a TRN nmber. It caused a delay of 3 weeks in our application process, as they could not match up the medical forms with the visa application.

Vossie, have you decided on a doctor to do your medicals with? We went to a really wonderful guy. I know some other ppl on the forum also used him, he is in Midrand, at the airport. According to the stories we heard from the other people that came with us, our medicals was a breeze. Even though I had the most terrible migraine attack of my life during the time of the medicals, and wished to die right there. Probably because I have decided not to declare the fact that I am a migraine sufferer on the medicals. Just goes to show... blinde sambok soos my ma sou sê.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Is it possible to send me the name of the doctor? Thanks for all the advice, I am in such a hurry and might just have caused great delays!

The doctor has a website; http://www.aerospace-medicine-sa.co.za/

Dr. Ingham. He is really a nice man, and as we had to travel 600km to see him, he saw us at 13:00 on a Sunday afternoon, with no out of hours charges. His rates are possibly the cheapest as well.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Thanks Dreamy

Did you get quotes for the medicals? Or is it possible? Has anyone done it? :blink:

Elmare