One month to go...anyone else going to Brisbane / Gold Coast?

Sharon

I agree with you completely Sharon. I think it is the best way to not fall apart.

If any of you have space for a few textbooks/books from Pta or Jhb to Bne, PM me please? Thanks! Bronwyn

Edited by Bronwyn&Co

Hi Sharon We have spent the weekend trying to sort out all the things we want to "toss" before they starting packing the container on the 18th. Hard to believe that this time next month we will be sitting "somewhere" in Brisbane!! Keep telling myself to take one day at a time........

I'm sitting somewhere in Brisbane...it's not that weird :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
:whome: Dont forget to phone me when you are here - 0411820600 so we can meet up again - Hubby can have a chat to yours with who to approach for work

Thanks Heather. Will do. Please will you send me your email address again. My hard drive crashed and I lost it.

HI I would also like to know how to "Australianize" your CV? We are trying to sell our business and then go but it definitely taking too long for my liking ! I just wanna go no job , no money, no house I don't care we'll make it !

• 3 weeks later...

Leaving for Brisbane end August!!! We need friends people!!! So scared and unsure but excited all the same! :o)

Sanmi, i know the feeling. We gave been here for 10 days. Where are you staying when you arrive?

Hi Sharon! I have no idea, thinking Forest Lakes??? I have NO idea about what the suburbs are like or where the best places are to stay! Our whole process went extremely fast, from start to visa approvals was about 3 months, we going on subclass 457 visas! So yes any help with where to stay will be great, first 4 weeks the company is putting us in a hotel! :)

HI Sammi,

You are very lucky to be leaving so soon :-) I am so looking forward to getting there we have to try and sell our business here first but have our PR visas already. My husbands brother and wife live in Forest Lake if you do land up living there I can put you in touch with them. We stayed there last year when we went over to activate our visa and it was really nice . Anyway good luck and hope all goes well for you ! :ilikeit:

Hi Vivienne, thanks and good luck to you too! That will be great, will keep u updated as to when we arrive and where we staying! I can't wait to get over there either, exciting times! :)

Sammi, we have found a place in Parkinson which is really nice. We needed to be South of Brisbane and after driving around neighbourhoods decided on either Calamvale or Parkinson. We liked Carindale too but it was a bit far from the school. I love the lake in Parkinson and we have been fortunate to find a house close by. We found a fantastic agent that doesn't believe in rental inspections who was a pleasure to deal with. I can always give you their details.

Well it seems like everyone is either settling in or getting ready to settle in, the house is signed off,car sold, business still sitting at 99.99%,havent booked our tickets yet, Looking for accomodation is everyones nightmare it seems, if going in alone,not business sponsor. Im hoping to be close to Varsity Lakes or Robina,

Sharon are you guys living on the G.C if so whats your thoughts on schools and areas as yet.

We are staying at Surfers in a holiday apartment called Narrowneck Court. What a lovely place to stay for the first week or two. Its not cheap but has stunning views of the beach and marina. In my mind, it's better to pay a bit more and make a holiday of it than to stay somewhere depressing. Moving is hard enough.

With regards to schools I really liked St Stephens. All Saints was full. TSS was very expensive. We never got to look at Emmanuel College as my son decided he wanted to go to John Paul College and wouldn't look any more. JPC is in Brisbane so we have found a rental in Parkinson.

We like Robina very much and saw 2 lovely rentals close to the shopping centre. I think the rentals on the Gold Coast are far classier than what is available in Brisbane particularly in those in a complex.

Sammi, the rental agent is Twenty Four Seven Realty. The owners name is Adam and he believes in giving people a chance. As foreigners we need this.

Thanks Sharon! That's gonna help a lot!

I can't believe how friendly and helpful u all are, it makes the big move so much easier! Thanks guys :)

Thanks Sharon,I have emailed Adam to see if he has anything available.A firend suggested we stay from Broad Beach to Burleigh for our first week to suss out everything.This is rather central.Our poor old Jack russel has a heart murmmer and it might stop him from coming across, man what a low at this part of the planning,as the past week was all 100% good news, it has been low in the house hold especially for my wife as this was her "BOY",her leaves for the UK for good in 3 weeks so that is a damper too, but we have our family still.

Chris

Adam doesn't work on the Gold Coast, only South of Brisbane. Check out Narrowneck Court Apartment. It is a great way stress free way to start your new life in Australia. Also very central.

So sorry to hear about yourJack Russell. We chose to leave our Labrador with friends as she would have hated the quarantine and was also quite old. Every time I see a dog here, I long for her. I miss her as much as I miss my family.

Hope this week coming is better for you.