Venter Trailers Now In Australia!

MrsMupersan

How much is on road?

Qld is about $120 for 12 mths reg. and license plate but I think in Victoria you only need another license plate, the same as your cars - app. $25. Can anyone comment if this is true as well as what NSW, SA,WA and ACT are?

Qld is about $120 for 12 mths reg. and license plate but I think in Victoria you only need another license plate, the same as your cars - app. $25. Can anyone comment if this is true as well as what NSW, SA,WA and ACT are?

Oh, ok, thanks. I thought when you said "on road" that there might have been other costs related to getting the trailer roadworthy in Aus.

Regarding registration, I think that NSW is the same as QLD (going from memory from last year, II live in Vic and had to register my trailer to take in on holiday through NSW and QLD)

Edited by HansaPlease

The trailers are roadworthy, so all that's required is a valid drivers license.

• 2 weeks later...

I was gobsmacked at the price!!! For the amount that we use a trailer (once a year - if that!), with a rental of $80 per day, it'd take me 38 years to justify the price! blink.gif And we've just got the little Astra - and we go camping! But obviously some people do use them often and can justify the cost.

Do you guys have kids? (I seem to recall you didn't?)

Gosh - the amount of stuff we need to take for just a weekend away is phenomenal! If you have a baby and a kid, you need to be able to take big things like the camping cot, baby chair, bath support etc for the baby and bicycle, scooter etc for the kid. Not to mention all the luggage required for babies and kids - you need loads of extra clothes plus all the bottles, steamers etc for baby. We have a CRV and we can just barely squash everything in for a weekend away.

I was also quite floored by the price, but I have no idea how much these things cost.

Edited by Gizmo

Gizmo, no, we don't have kids. We used to take everything including the kitchen sink when we went camping. One day we just realised that we were defeating the whole purpose of why we loved going camping. To head out into nature and live simply. So we literally got rid of all the gadgets, cupboards, kitchen unit, blow up mattresses & fold out bed, etc, etc. Now we pack the bare minimum. Tent, stretchers, sleeping bags, esky & the Weber. It takes us minutes to set up, light the first fire and crack open the bottle of red. I can highly recommend it! And the best thing of all is that we now don't have to plan a camping trip months in advance, we can decide on the Friday morning, pack the car after work and leave the same day. I have all our camping stuff in the coat cupboard at the front door. We just buy our food on the way out of town.

You know, I remember going camping as a kid. No camping cots, special baths, etc. We slept in sleeping bags on the ground sheet between the stretchers my folks slept on (yip, even my baby brother). We ate what they ate (okay, my brother got fed from a purity jar instead) which was braai meat, baked beans, potato in tin foil in the fire, hot dogs for lunch & a skottel fry up for brekkie. We ran around barefoot in our cozzies for 99% of the time, so my mom would pack a couple of t-shirts, a jersey, a pair of tracksuit pants or jeans, a pair of shorts and our PJs. If our clothes were dirty, then they were dirty - it didn't matter because we were camping. I remember my brother being bathed in the plastic bakkie which doubled up as the kitchen sink. :ilikeit: Toys? LOL! What for? I used to disappear for hours on end with the other kids in the camp site to the rock pools with our hand lines. We'd proudly bring back our klipvis catches expecting Mom to gut them and Dad to stick them on the braai that night. :ilikeit:

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi all

We are in Brisbane, Queensland

Well just wanted to find out from all in the know. I enquired to Venter Trailers here in Yatala about costs of trailers and was looking at the Venter Bushbaby which they will only import on request and price I got quoted was $12000. Now my issue been that for a trailer costing R62 000 +- in SA, how do you justify charging R120 000($1=R10).

Has anyone imported their own trailer\Venter and have a rough idea of costs....Would assume aussie roadworthy and some sort of compliance is required but does not justify almost 60k.

Looking forward to all the forumites input.

GOD Bless

Gavin