Need a good lawyer

Biltongboer

Does anyone in Perth have details of a good lawyer who specializes in debt recovery? Unfortunately I have been cheated by none else than another bloody South African who stole my money.

Most of the lawyers give me the run-around, I need to get hold of someone who will actually respond and do something.

Same happened to us Biltongboer. I think there are many of us who have had the same experience. We trust people because they are ex South Africans.- and pay the price.

Same happened to us Biltongboer. I think there are many of us who have had the same experience. We trust people because they are ex South Africans.- and pay the price.

I'm getting to the point where I really don't want to see Saffers anymore. They just cause trouble all over the world.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Unfortuntely what you say is so true, sometimes I am embarrassed to be a South African, as there are some people out there that are just bad. On the other had , there is good and bad in all nations, but it is even worse we are conned by one of out own kind.

Shame on them.

Biltongboer by the sound of things you let yourself into something you shouldn't have, and now to brand all South Africans due to "perhaps" your own stupidity is low. Your remarks are uncalled for, as this is a site for South Africans. It may be good to remind everyone that you cannot trust anyone, as it always shows the people you think you can trust the most are those you shouldn't. I had my own experience with a good work colleague of mine, who I thought I could trust. He however is American, and I am 10,000 Rand poorer, but that's life. Learnt out of my mistakes. I am more than willing to help people, as long as it is not money.

I'm getting to the point where I really don't want to see Saffers anymore. They just cause trouble all over the world.

Wow, now this is an example of extreme generalisation and exaggeration. The ex-pat South African families I've met while living abroad are all good, helpful people and if you read how the forummembers of SAAustralia have been contributing to the fundraiser event to help another SAffer family in need - how can you substantiate your statement?

Gee BB...it aint nice to brand all South Africans like that based on a couple of bad experiences...

Wow, now this is an example of extreme generalisation and exaggeration. The ex-pat South African families I've met while living abroad are all good, helpful people and if you read how the forummembers of SAAustralia have been contributing to the fundraiser event to help another SAffer family in need - how can you substantiate your statement?

I think what Biltongboer is trying to say is that when you live overseas and see some of the things the ex RSA people do and they way they behave its an eye opener - not all people from RSA are good or bad but you do get shocking examples of people over here and once the ozzies meet those saffers they too brand all saffers the same, its a vicious circle.

There is sometimes this expectation here, that because someone is Saffer we MUST, be friends with them, help them out, hang out with them, go into business with them, TRUST them etc. It's like because they have a SA passport it gives them immediate access into our lives. What rubbish! If you wouldn't be friends with them in SA, why would you be friends with them here. Immigrating doesn't radically alter who we are as people. So if you wouldn't lend the guy money/go into business/invest with him in SA, why are you so much more likely to do it in Australia.

There are con men in every society, people who don't believe the law and society norms don't apply to them, amazingly they also get visas!! When that little alarm goes off in the back of your mind, don't just ignore it because the guy is wearing a spring bok shirt, you wouldn't in SA!

Yes and so do Poms, Aussies, Americans, Italian...well you get the point.

Candice

Biltongboer by the sound of things you let yourself into something you shouldn't have, and now to brand all South Africans due to "perhaps" your own stupidity is low. Your remarks are uncalled for, as this is a site for South Africans. It may be good to remind everyone that you cannot trust anyone, as it always shows the people you think you can trust the most are those you shouldn't. I had my own experience with a good work colleague of mine, who I thought I could trust. He however is American, and I am 10,000 Rand poorer, but that's life. Learnt out of my mistakes. I am more than willing to help people, as long as it is not money.

I don't need to justify my statements - they're my opinion.

All I'm saying is I'll never trust a Down Under Afrikaner ever again. Take it or leave it - it's still my opinion whether you like it or not.

What happened? A few people on this forum has been "burned" by South Africans and I would like to know how/what happened?

Please share your experience so that we in the future can be vigilant against this kind of thing happening to us?

I don't need to justify my statements - they're my opinion.

All I'm saying is I'll never trust a Down Under Afrikaner ever again. Take it or leave it - it's still my opinion whether you like it or not.

Let me get this straight... you come to a South African forum, bad mouth all South Africans (which you are one of...) and then expect people to help you?

I understand you may be angry, but you need to reign that in before you lose any friends you may still have or people willing to help you on these forums.

-G

Nope, he is from Namibia not South Africa...

Which is like New Zealand is to Australia...

-G

Biltonhboer I will ask a friend of mine who works in the credit insurance industry who she recommends for debt recovery - she has a lot of connections.

No point asking for help on this forum then - all you'll find here is dodgy Afrikaners rubbing their hands together, waiting to take your money. :blink:

Ai tog BB, so sorry you had to burn your fingers this way. It is a bit of a rude awakening to realise that you have been shafted, and by someone you did not expect it from is doubly painful. Unfortunately "skelms" come in all shapes, sizes, colours and nationalities. I hope you find a good lawyer and pursue the matter, it does not matter where they guy comes from originally, he is not living in the Wild West any more and can not get away with it. I really hope that after all is said and done you will realise that you only get bad individuals, not bad countries. Good luck.

Biltongboer :blink:

I hope you burn your fingers again! In fact I'm holding thumbs that you do!

Enjoy!

There are a lot of you on this thread who need to take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard.....

Pls people, keep it civil.

Does anyone in Perth have details of a good lawyer who specializes in debt recovery? Unfortunately I have been cheated by none else than another bloody South African who stole my money.

Most of the lawyers give me the run-around, I need to get hold of someone who will actually respond and do something.

Sorry to hear about your experience.... be critical of yourself first........!!

Take it as a live experience we all pay different levels of "skoolgeld".........!!

Pursuing this will cost your more money that you have lost......put it behind you and move on, that's the cheapest...

Pls people, keep it civil.

In all honesty, this thread should be locked. Possible reasons:

1) Forum is called "South Africans coming to Australia" - top left corner. As pointed out, OP is not South Africa in the true sense of the word.

2) OP is flaming "residents" of this forum, slating us all as "dishonest criminals".

3) OP has failed to provide any context... does he need a divorce lawyer because he married a gold digging South African? Does he need a contract lawyer because a South African reneged on a contracted? Does he need a criminal lawyer because he was physically robbed?

Nothing good can come of this thread. OP can get contacted by PM and you can just stop the flaming now.

-G

I'm not South African either - I'm Scottish. Bob is as Aussie as they come. There is no relevance to where you hail from to participate in the forum.

What strikes me as bizarre is how angry people are getting at BB for calling the Saffers he's come across "dishonest criminals" (by the way, I never saw this anywhere???) while on the other hand, the Hosts regularly get bashed for stepping in, quarantining or locking threads where an entire race is being labeled in exactly the same way - often much, much worse. It speaks volumes about the levels of tolerance and intolerance that we have depending on what side of the table you're sitting at.

Finally, I don't think that the context is relevant - he needs a lawyer to recover debt. Simple. Many forumites request similar things (is there a good local SA doctor 'cos all the Aussie one's are awful......Who is a good estate agent, 'cos the Korean guy in my area is ripping me off....) and we don't all jump in then and defend the poor dude on the other side, or demand context, do we?

Come on people, get some perspective. A fellow forum member has had a bad experience, is angry and disillusioned, and asked for assistance. If you know someone that can help him, let him know. Otherwise, don't turn this into a heated debate about nothing, because I fear we'll all look more than a little hyprcritical.

Ajay

Well said Ajay.

Ajay, I support you all the way. I had a bad experience in SA, because of this I "dislike" that race immensely. Am I so wrong? I know I should not generalise but it is human nature to rant and rave when you are hurting

Penny

Archived