Flight ticket price Specials

Jordy

Often Air travel carriers have flight price specials that last for short period of time. As all of us are looking at some point or another for flights somewhere or another please post the special in this thread for others to see:

Receievd this the morning from QUANTAS

$50 off local Aus flights - use code RED50 when booking online

$100 off international flights - use code RED100 when booking online

Vlaid all flights 30 June - 30 August 2010

http://edm.qantas.net.au/cts/click?q=76%3B...yryhT5Wtg%3D%3D

I was loooking for something for a parent:

Qantas: JHB-SYD-Brisbane return R 8 350, Aug - Nov 2010, and then again from Feb 2011.

Funny lots cheaper start from RSA than from Aus.

Just booked both my parents on V australia from Joburg to Melbourne for 15000 rand return. Cant beat that

Just booked both my parents on V australia from Joburg to Melbourne for 15000 rand return. Cant beat that

WHAT???? WOW!!! :rolleyes:

Erica

Things seem to change quickly - My friend is flying V Australia JHB-Mel in July/Aug and paid R7,300 return (Less than half the 15k being mentioned here)

I think Eugene meant parents total 15k.

I also received quotes:

1. Qantas -> PE-JHB-PERTH-MEL return for R10500

2. vAUS -> PE-JHB-MEL return for R10500

Nr2 not sure which airline from PE to JHB.

ps. The above is pp.

Pentravel: June Specials

Qantas: JHB-SYD R 9 950 (Direct & Return) until 21 June, and is for travel up to 31 October, subject to availability.

I paid Aus $ 1 600 for my daughter to visit in April, so this is a great saving!

Happy Travels!

• 2 weeks later...

looks like v australia to melbourne, with connections East coast on virgin blue looks like a good choice.

• 4 months later...

Singapore Airlines:

Jhb - Perth R7600

Jhb - Brisbane/Melbourne/Sydney R8350

Add R800 + extra taxes if departing from Cape Town, Durban, East London, George, Kimberley and Port Elizabeth. Fares available until 30 November 2010 (depending on seat availability), fares quoted for travel out of Jhb from now til 8 December, return travel must completed be by 13 December, including taxes etc.

T&Cs etc etc etc blabla.

Hi We booked to come out March JHB to Brisbane 2011 (one way though) - R15000 for 2 children and 2 adults on Malasian Airlines (the special includes Sydney and Melbourne, was a little more for Perth) that was R2670 per adult excluding taxes, return was double. Think the prices go until end November

Things seem to change quickly - My friend is flying V Australia JHB-Mel in July/Aug and paid R7,300 return (Less than half the 15k being mentioned here)

I thought the direct flights on V Australia end on Feb 22?

I thought the direct flights on V Australia end on Feb 22?

VAustralia is terminating their service to JHB on 22/2/2011. The flights you questioned were July/August 2010.

VAustralia is terminating their service to JHB on 22/2/2011. The flights you questioned were July/August 2010.

Ag sorry man, didn't see that it was an old post. I was just getting my hopes up I guess - thought perhaps they changed their minds!

SAA Has a special for Travel from

1MAR-30JUN 2011 - Book and pay before 30 Nov10

PERTH/JOBURG RETURN from A$1500.00 + taxes

SYDNEY/JOBURG RETURN A$ 1500.00 + Taxes

BRISBANE/JOBRUG RETURN from $1500.00 + Taxes

ADELAIDE /JOBURG return from $1500.00 + Taxes

MELBOURNE/JOBURG return from A$ 1500.00 + Taxes

Regards

Enrica

I also had a look at Malaysia Airlines. Got a quote of just over R18000 for 3 Adults and 1 Child.

Problem is I am not really familiar with them. We used Emirates and Qantas before.

Anyone on the forum maybe know more about this airline? Re: Safety, service etc.

I flew with them recently to the UK. You can compare them with Singapore airlines. Just before that I used Qantas to the USA and Air Malaysia is much better!

I flew with them recently to the UK. You can compare them with Singapore airlines. Just before that I used Qantas to the USA and Air Malaysia is much better!

Thanks Bok!!

• 3 weeks later...

We need to book our tickets, how does the 40Kg limit work with the one way tickets?

We would like to fly in Jan to Perth for the great trek.

Thx, Ian

• 1 month later...

Why is it cheaper to buy a return ticket? Has it got something to do with the weight limits?

I was under the impression one has to book through IOM to get the 40kg's???

Can anyone clarify please??

I was under the impression one has to book through IOM to get the 40kg's???

Can anyone clarify please??

I am not sure if you have to book through IOM, but when we were still shopping for flight tickets, I contacted Qantas to ask if I can arrange for a 40kg baggage allowance if I book the tickets myself and they told me I must go back to my agent (IOM) to arrange it for me. So I am not sure if you are able to arrange it yourself. Maybe any travel agent can arrange it for you??

We just booked through IOM and it was worthwhile as the price we paid was the same as the cheapest quotation we got if booking ourselves. Plus the 40kg they arranged is a big bonus. And we are flying with a reputable airline that we know (Qantas).

Just my opinion.

Archived