Flight ticket price Specials

Jordy

KATVIS04, if you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for your flights (one way)?

Cheapest i have found is Malaysia Air for 2 adults 2 children flying one way is ±R18000 there is a stop off though its not a direct flight.

Ooo ok.. so by using IOM you can choose any airlines? I thought you could only use Qantas.

We using Emirates, which also stops off

Cheapest i have found is Malaysia Air for 2 adults 2 children flying one way is ±R18000 there is a stop off though its not a direct flight.

I have told the full story somewhere before. We flew with Malaysia last year, lovely airline. The tickets from Syd to CTown was $1000 cheaper than SAA/Quantas. BUT, the flight took us 26 hours from start to finish and stopped in KL and JHB (the JHB stop was not stated on the ticket or mentioned to us). I would rather pay more and do a direct flight with SAA or Quantas when flying with kids in the future.

Ooo ok.. so by using IOM you can choose any airlines? I thought you could only use Qantas.

We using Emirates, which also stops off

IOM uses Qantas/SAA (Code share) and the flight is direct to Sydney, so no stop overs.

@Robbie - We paid R8400 per adult and R6400 per child.- Direct flight from JHB to Brisbane (2.25H stop over in Sydney)

@Bevmac - Make sure if you look at Malaysia airlines - The price you see does not always include taxes etc. When that is added it results in a much bigger amount. But it depends on which flight you choose. I almost made that mistake!

On SAA, do you pay for kids under 2 years of age? I know with Qantas you pretty much pay full price for kids under 2 years.

We're booked Malaysia for R5700 per adult, worked out to R18000 for 2 adults and 2 kids with taxes..BUT we only get 20kg luggage and with a 2yr old and a 4yr old I'm starting to really worry about the stopover in KL.

we are planning on asking the airline if we can have extra luggage because we are immigrating, I've heard that some airlines make concessions?! Will let you know how that goes :ilikeit:

Yes please let us know what they say as we also want to book with them!

Do the kids also get 20kg's luggage?

Singapore Airlines have tickets for $1700 return. I got mine for Brissie one stop at Singapore for 4 hours them off to Johannesburg and same route back. It is even cheaper than SAA and this is a quality Airline. Go have a look on a site called Webjet.com.au and then go ask your agent about it, buying in SA is normally cheaper than the Aussie fairs. :ilikeit:

Quantas direct flights to Perth with a one year return ticket - R7990 all inclusive

http://www.flightcentre.co.za/flights/flig...p?offerid=51517

Thats a good deal which side is it from? South Africa I presume with the rands?

@Bevmac - kids over 2 get 20kg and kids under get 10kg, we have sent a request to the airline for a bigger allowance but the man on the line said he didn't know what they would say..will keep you posted

Thats a good deal which side is it from? South Africa I presume with the rands?

@Bevmac - kids over 2 get 20kg and kids under get 10kg, we have sent a request to the airline for a bigger allowance but the man on the line said he didn't know what they would say..will keep you posted

Thanks please do, think we gonna go with Malaysia, its a good deal even with the stopover!

Archived