IT Positions

martyn

I posted on here just over a year ago that my employer was hiring and quite a few people were recruited, including a few from the forum. The hiring round is starting again, 457 Visas are available for successful candidates.

They are looking for:

.Net Developers

Java Developers

Oracle Developers

Business Analysts

Project Managers

Programme Managers

Not sure about Oracle / SQL Server DBA's but give it a go if you are one, can't hurt. We don't do server/desktop support so MCSE's etc will have to look elsewhere...

If you are interested apply through the web page:

http://www.dialogcareers.com/southafrica (as I write this the website still shows they are not hiring, this will be updated soon but I can confirm they are definitely hiring).

Please note:

I can't influence decisions or intercede on your behalf.

I am not involved in recruitment in any way just trying to help people out :blush:

If you want info about the jobs etc have a look at the old threads that were started, a number of people were hired and have done very well in Dialog.

Edit: Most likely all of these positions will be Brisbane based

Good Luck :ilikeit:

Thanks Martyn. I'll check out the link.

Hi,

Thanks for posting!

Does anyone have any feedback about this company? Any info would be appreciated, as I know friends who would be interested. Thanks!

It says on their website when you apply that someone will get in contact with you within 48hours.....I'm on 96 hours and still waiting for someone to contact me :)

It says on their website when you apply that someone will get in contact with you within 48hours.....I'm on 96 hours and still waiting for someone to contact me :rolleyes:

Yep me to!

Any news as yet? I am also still waiting to get a response....not sure if one should call them to check if they have received the application?

This post is like those Vultures in the Jungle Book..."Watcha wanna do..I dont know...watcha wann do" ...nothing happening :)

Have tried them before and now again just to get more info as I am in Oz now and thought it would be easier for them to get into contact, it seems they never respond.

Has anybody tried phoning them? 'Cos I think that may be my next option on Tuesday....now, to find a telephone number for them........

Hey guys, not sure why there hasn't been a response although the Account Manager who normally handles the South African hiring has been on holiday so maybe you'll start hearing back this week. I will be back at head office on Thursday so will try find out what's going on.

Has anybody had heard back? Apparently 20 people have been interviewed thus far, with about the same number remaining....

Things are looking up then..... Nadine - for which position did you apply?

A bit off-topic but might be of interest. I had a few headhunters/agencies who contacted me in the recent past, but like most of you know, after they hear that you need sponsorship they loose interest. Anyway, I did manage to make have a friendly chat with one or 2 of the agencies that is more specialized and they told me that if you are a good developer they are more willing to help you as they are having problems finding really good people, but when they advertise more "management" type jobs they are flooded with CV's.

So I guess the key is to be a really good developer type person, so Nadine, looks like you might get lucky!!

I had a chat with the account manager this morning and can confirm what NomadAlien said applies here too, they now have enough BA's and PM's and it's mainly dev roles they are trying to fill. Keep in mind too that they need people quickly, so if you can't up sticks and be here in about a month then it probably isn't worth applying.

If that sounds a bit hectic all I can say is it will be the most stressful month of your life but it is worth it in the end!!!!!

Archived