IT Positions

martyn

Add me to the list. I have done short notice country changes more than I can count. The wife and kids are quite used to it by now. But it would be good to finally settle down a bit, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Oz

OH NO!!! :ilikeit: Thats is for me, for now then, with Dialog since I fall into the BA category!! But, we will hang in there and hopefully some more opportunites will come along or else we will just need to wait our turn till 2012......

Good luck to the rest of you who have applied and keep us informed of your progress....hopefully, we will see that "Got the job" post soon! :ilikeit:

I had a chat with the account manager this morning and can confirm what NomadAlien said applies here too, they now have enough BA's and PM's and it's mainly dev roles they are trying to fill. Keep in mind too that they need people quickly, so if you can't up sticks and be here in about a month then it probably isn't worth applying.

If that sounds a bit hectic all I can say is it will be the most stressful month of your life but it is worth it in the end!!!!!

I am a developer, have sent my stuff to them twice now and have not been contacted. Will pack up and leave yetserday if I have to!

Any positive news from anyone? Anyone received an offer?

BTW... THANK YOU so much Martyn for posting this... You've possibly changed our lives forever :lol:

Ditto!!

I also signed and sent back my offer today. :whome::ilikeit:

Holding all digits for a visa!!

JavaJackie/NadineN, could you guys enlighten me a bit on the 457 visa process. What did you guys have to do from your side for this?

Also, if you guys are going to NSW, I hear that on the 457 you have to pay for schooling, is this the case for you guys or?

Curious minds want to know......

JavaJackie/NadineN, could you guys enlighten me a bit on the 457 visa process. What did you guys have to do from your side for this?

Also, if you guys are going to NSW, I hear that on the 457 you have to pay for schooling, is this the case for you guys or?

Curious minds want to know......

Im going to Queensland not NSW, I think Nadine is too.

We dont have the 457's yet, the co is applying on our behalf. We have the job offer (which obviously falls away if our Visa's dont get approved)

I *think* you'll have to pay for schooling regardless of where you are if you're on a 457.

Also take into account you'll have to pay medical insurance (medibank seems jacked up for 457s)

We haven't actually started the process from our side since they have to apply for the nomination first. As I understand then you apply for the visa thereafter.

You do not qualify for Medicare or most Centrelink benefits on a 457. So you have to pay for your own private health insurance (though it isn't much more than for residents) and don't receive rebates for preschool.

We are going to Quensland luckily, so it sounds like we'll be eligible for subsidised schooling.

Thanks for that!

I guess you guys will only resign your current jobs after you have the visa in hand?

I'm currently going through interview process and so far it's looking good. Got one more to pass and then I'll hear if they will 457 me or not :whome:

So I'm trying to dig out as much detail as possible. This company is located in North Sydney though.

I guess you guys will only resign your current jobs after you have the visa in hand?

Yip, we were even told to since there's no guarantee.

I'm currently going through interview process and so far it's looking good

Good luck for that!!!

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the forum :whome: Dam I wish I had seen this forum a bit earlier :whome:

Congrats to the guys/gals who got the offers. You don't know if there's any other positions available or am I a bit late?

NadineN/JavaJackie - CONGRATULATIONS with the offers!! :whome::whome: Hope the 457 visa gets granted soon! Keep us posted.

nomadalien - Good luck with the interview and let us know the outcome!!

Congrats guys - hopefully all goes well and before you know it you'll be over here :)

RenVilo I'm not sure what the situation is now as I heard today 8 people have been hired already, but it can't hurt to apply (especially if you are a .net dev as there still seems to be a shortage)....

We haven't actually started the process from our side since they have to apply for the nomination first. As I understand then you apply for the visa thereafter.

You do not qualify for Medicare or most Centrelink benefits on a 457. So you have to pay for your own private health insurance (though it isn't much more than for residents) and don't receive rebates for preschool.

We are going to Quensland luckily, so it sounds like we'll be eligible for subsidised schooling.

Hi there

We have been in Oz 2 and a half years now and came over on a 457 but have recently become permanent residents. My daughter completed her last 2 years of school here in a public school and we had to pay AUD 5500-00 each year to the government over and above her school fees which were about AUD 900-00 per year. We did not qualify for any Centrelink benefits but the good news is that since becoming PR's, our private health insurance has dropped by AUD 100-00 a fortnight. Having children and being on a 457 is very expensive but you have to look at the bigger picture and the end result is well worth it :)

I agree. Getting to Australia is priority. I also found out this weekend that it is QL and NSW that doesn't subsidise schooling for temporary residents. :ilikeit: . But luckily my son is 2 years old, so hopefully by school age we'll also be PR. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Where have I been all this time?

Okay, they say that there are no positions available right now, but I sent my detail just in case....

Here's hoping!

:ilikeit:

• 4 months later...

Hope I can "pay it forward".

Dialog is urgently looking for SENIOR ASP.NET, C# and Java resources. 457 Visas are available, but preference will be given to people with PR. Send your resume through their website.

Nadine, Thank you for the post. My husband has applied for a position. We are hoping something comes out of it.

Archived