My take on Adelaide

Riekie

Riekie die beste manier vir dit is om vir jou PICASA te download van Google. Gaan search net daarvoor op google en download hom, hy's verniet en baie user friendly en resize foto's vir email size in a jiffy.

Thanks vir die foto's, ek het ook gewonder waar al die ADL'ers is. Weird ook nog die freeway wat so is.

Thanks D, :holy: maar die fotos is alreeds kleiner gemaak ;) (so 70 - 100kb elk.....) - dit is die hoeveelheid vd foto's wat die file so groot maak!

Guest Bronwyn

Christmas day in Adelaide was freezing (I put on a tracksuit by lunchtime and that night slept in socks and hubby's sweatshirt). That's why it looks so cold & miserable, and everyone is indoors.

By the way, I think that light blue house you took a photo of is at the top of our road in Marino. We drive past it every day. You should have popped in for the after-lunch cheese & biscuits & wine Riekie! I didn't know you were here! :ilikeit:;):ilikeit:

Bronwyn

Edited by Bronwyn

By the way, I think that light blue house you took a photo of is at the top of our road in Marino. We drive past it every day. You should have popped in for the after-lunch cheese & biscuits & wine Riekie! I didn't know you were here! :D;):lol: Bronwyn

When I read your post on Settling In, I realised you were in Adelaide when we were there! :( Sorry I missed you, but I did meet Bob (now he's as close as you'll get to a true Aussie Bloke!! :D ), his wife Ginnie, daughter Kelly, Gran & Rita! Unfortunately our time together was short but I'm glad I AT LONG LAST met the Aussie hero of the forum!! :ilikeit: We also met Annette and her family and had such a good time with them we almost overstayed our welcome!! Next time I'll be sure to make that pit-stop in Marino!! Will bring some wine...... :D

Hope you'll be very happy in Aus and in ADL Bronwyn! From the sound of it, I'm sure you will!! :ilikeit::D:holy:

• 2 weeks later...

Andrea, you sent me an Email to forward the Adelaide Photos to you. I tried both the Email addresses but it would not go through. I don't know who you are on the forum, so I can not PM you about this. Hopefully, you will read this and can PM me please. :ilikeit: (Kangaroo, let me know if you got yours please.... :ilikeit: )

Hi Riekie

I just sent you a PM message...seems the photos are still travelling here!

Will keep you updated, THANKS!

Liza :ilikeit:

WOW Riekie, truly excellent work.

I wish someone would do this for Melbourne ... <_< ... nudge nudge wink wink

I have found some interesting pictures of Melbourne and surrounds on the Flickr Melbourne photo pool but the descriptions are what are needed to go with the photos.

Edited by Stuart and Jill

I've just Emailed the photos to everyone who asked - also those who did not receive it the first time around. Seems like I'm having problems with my SAAustralia Mailbox, so I sent it from my personal Email address. PLEASE don't add it to your mailing lists - as it is I'm being spammed into outer space!! :ilikeit: . I'd appreciate if you could let me know when you get it (or if you don't.....) :ilikeit:

Hi Riekie

Can you please send the photos of Adelaide to me as well?

My sister is going there in March to marry her fiance and will be living there,it will be lovely to see what it looks like there.She hasnt been there,so it will help a lot to give her an idea of the place.

Thanks,vanesse

joicoaching@wol.co.za

• 4 months later...

Ek het vir Riekie geskryf en gevra vir die fotos. Ek is baie ge-interesserd in die woonbuurt fotos. Totdat ek van haar hoor, kan die van julle wat in Adelaide bly, vir my solank se wat se woonbuurt foto 12 is wat sy afgeneem het (dis nou no. 12 op die fotos wat op die messageboard is). Dit het 'n rooi kar voor aan die regterkant van die foto .

Ons kyk na Adelaide, Canberra en Perth. Nadat ek Sunshine-sister se bekrywing van Perth gelees het, dink ek nie Perth sal vir ons werk nie. Ons is meer coffeeshop tipe mense. Ek het na Canberra gekyk en indien ons nie een vreeslike groot salaris verdien nie, sal ons nie 'n huis daar kan bekostig nie. Ek weet nie watter woonbuurt is goed en watter moet 'n mens vermy nie, so toe kies ek een in die noorde en een in die suide en ook die dorpie net langs ACT en o aarde, maar die huis pryse is hoog.

Adelaide was nog altyd ons keuse nommer 1, is net bietjie afgesit deur sy grootte, Canberra se grootte pas ons beter, maar die huispryse in Adelaide lyk beter en ek hou van die Duitse streep wat Adelaide het.

Ek het na Mildura gekyk nadat Suidwes gese het dis amper Windhoek se grootte, maar daar sal nie IT werk wees nie. Windhoek was 250 000 mense, Mildura het minder as dit.

Groetnis

Retha

Hi Retha,

Ek is absoluut GEK oor Adelaide en alhoewel dit ‘n groterige stad is (met 1,000,000+ mense), is dit nie oorweldigend nie. Ek persoonlik dink dat dit 'n fantastiese plek is om kinders groot te maak.

Ek stel voor dat jy vir Annette, Bronwyn, Bob of Marius kontak vir meer inligting oor Adelaide.

Sterkte met julle besluit.

Lovies, Pippa! X

Hi Riekie

Thanks for the amazing photo's - I am getting so HUNGRY for Aus. I can almost taste the rain.

Love little me in the 45degree C desert heat

Taz

Ship some of that 45 degree heat Down Under, will you?

We're heading into deep winter with the winter solstice just a couple of days away. Man, it's cold . . . 13 degrees!

I must be getting old or something, but I don't remember maximum temps this low. It must be the rain making all the dampness also.

My young bloke's having a BIG bonfire this Saturday out in one of the paddocks. I dunno if anyone will turn up, but I'll be warming my tootsies up in front of it.

I'll be getting my marshmallows in the week.

Him and his mate have scrounged old pallets and have them stacked 12 high . . . all 4 stacks! . . . and with a 44 gallon (205l) drum of cooking oil, you might see the fire from the top of Table Mountain if you take the chairlift!

If you next see me with no eyebrows, don't ask!

This a typical street scene in the suburb (Aberfoyle Park) where we live.

Hi Retha,

We took some lovely video footage of Mawson Lakes, North Adelaide and some parks. I will ask my husband if there is a way of converting it to MPEG's to send it to you. Not sure whether it is possible though :D .

In the meantime here is some pics of Adelaide!

Lovies, Pippa! X

post-33-1182248189.jpg

post-33-1182248209.jpg

post-33-1182248221.jpg

post-33-1182248234.jpg

post-33-1182248249.jpg

post-33-1182248259.jpg

post-33-1182248271.jpg

Thanks guys. Photos that are not the tourist kind always give a better pciture of how it really looks like. Dax I like the street you live in.

Regards,

Retha