Welcome 2 Perth

Tookie

Hello

There is a group of ladies who host a Welcome 2 Perth Coffee morning on the 1st & 3rd Wednesday of each month @ 10h00 at Gloria Jeans, located at Hillary's Boat Harbour. This Wednesday they are celebrating their 4th birthday and have extended the invitation to all of us. So if you are in Perth on your LSD trip why not come and join in and have all your questions answered.

Cheers

Noele

Hi Noele,

Pity now that I am working I miss getting together with the girls, could we not start a Saturday morning or afternoon coffee, so that for the unfortunates who work can still enjoy other South African ladies?

Let me know.

PS Hope you are well,,,,

Hi Noele,

Pity now that I am working I miss getting together with the girls, could we not start a Saturday morning or afternoon coffee, so that for the unfortunates who work can still enjoy other South African ladies?

Let me know.

PS Hope you are well,,,,

Hi Kathy

I am sure there a many working ladies who would love to get together in the evenings or Saturday, perhaps you would like to get it going. The group I have taken over from Enrica at Toscanini's every 2nd Wednesday is not very well attended, and I am sure that it is because so many ladies have had to go back to work. I will be starting work soon, so might be joining you on Saturdays or the evenings and will be looking for someone to possibly take over the Toscanini coffee morning or incorporate it into the Welcome to Perth Group.

Cheers

Noele

Oh boy, the life of a working mother, nanny and care giver, I never knew it would be this tiring I must admit.

I just think that so many of us working ladies now are missing that special time out to chat, cry and laugh with our fellow South Africans and I think the "Time Out" might do us all a bit of good.

Maybe I will post something on under the Perth Communities and see what happens.

Let me know some ideas Ladies!!

Cheers

Kathy

Hi Noele and Kathy

Just an idea - if it's on a Saturday morning - might be good to meet at a coffee shop in a shopping centre, e.g. Whitfords - most of us working moms have to pop in to a shopping centre at some stage on a Saturday, and can fit a cup of coffee and a chat inbetween some shopping... just a thought :)

Mary

Hi Noele and Kathy

Just an idea - if it's on a Saturday morning - might be good to meet at a coffee shop in a shopping centre, e.g. Whitfords - most of us working moms have to pop in to a shopping centre at some stage on a Saturday, and can fit a cup of coffee and a chat inbetween some shopping... just a thought :)

Mary

Hi Mary

Should we commit to the 2nd Saturday of the month @ 10h00? Coffee shop to be decided.

Noele

That sounds good Noele. I've got something on on Sat 12th Sept and then leaving on 19th for SA for two weeks. Maybe we should aim to start it in October? I think Whitfords is a good place - There's Gloria Jeans, or Georgiou's or the other coffee shop near JB Hi-Fi and Big W. Will be in touch... :)

Sounds like a plan just want to know where Whitfords is as traveling a long distance may be difficult, we are up in the Hills.

Can't make Wednesday mornings, normally sleeping, the joy of working permanent nights.

I will keep my eye on the thread and see if I can make it, would love to meet up with some other South Africans, I also work with a few who may be interesed.

Susan

Wow, we got this on the ball now!!

I am not an expert on shopping centres, and the different areas, but Whitfords sounds good to me anyway. Hey Mary, I am so jeolous!!!, you enjoy and look forward to seeing you for our coffee mornings when you are back.

Come Ladies of the Forum, a couple more suggestions would be grand.

Place :

Time :

Just a suggestion from me,............., I hope I don't rock the boat here but I thought maybe Mom's should leave the little one's at home to bond with Daddy on a Saturday and this will be a perfect time out. I have been to coffee mornings, where the kids are so bored and get up to no good and Mommy just cannot relax at all.

How do you feel?

I would be keen to meet for coffee - always seem to have something to do on a Wednesday morning! I will also watch this thread and hopefully something can get organised

Sounds like a plan just want to know where Whitfords is as traveling a long distance may be difficult, we are up in the Hills.

Can't make Wednesday mornings, normally sleeping, the joy of working permanent nights.

I will keep my eye on the thread and see if I can make it, would love to meet up with some other South Africans, I also work with a few who may be interesed.

Susan

Hi Susan

Whitfords is in Hillarys - north of the river. It's on the corner of Marmion Ave and Whitfords Drive :lol:

Mary

Hey Mary, I am so jeolous!!!, you enjoy and look forward to seeing you for our coffee mornings when you are back.

Thanks Kathy! I am just so excited - first time I'm going back after being here for 20 months... got lots of people to see, and a long shopping list :lol:

Well enjoy, and don't forget to give us feedback on what your perceptions of South Africa are.

It would be interesting to hear because sometimes you feel "Oh hell let's just pack up and go home", I think we tend to forget over time why we are here.

Cheers

Kathy

Just a couple of other suggestions that might be more accessible to people who don't live very far NOR, what about Karrinyup shopping center or even the Galleria in Dianella, which is slightly more east?

If it doesn't clash with my husband's track days, then I will definitely be there:) I don't mind at all if anyone wants to bring their kids, I am very fortunate that DH doesn't mind babysitting. Coffee shops aren't always very kid-friendly, but I feel each mom can decide for herself whether to bring the kids or not. Just my opinion:)

Just a couple of other suggestions that might be more accessible to people who don't live very far NOR, what about Karrinyup shopping center or even the Galleria in Dianella, which is slightly more east?

If it doesn't clash with my husband's track days, then I will definitely be there:) I don't mind at all if anyone wants to bring their kids, I am very fortunate that DH doesn't mind babysitting. Coffee shops aren't always very kid-friendly, but I feel each mom can decide for herself whether to bring the kids or not. Just my opinion:)

Looks like Saturday is the day that would suit many ladies. Another venue suggestion might be Waldecks which is located on the corner of Hepburn & Wanneroo, opposite Kingsway shopping Centre similar to Keith Kirsten Nursery with a tea garden attached. They also have a lovely playgroud for small children.

Cheers

Noele

That sounds lovely especially with Spring and hopefully a few more sunny days.

When are we starting this?

Susan

Okay, has all interested parties googled the maps, so that we can decide, I know that lovely nursery on the corner it is nice!

Also Drover's market has a lovely one as well, but that might be a bit out of the way for some people.

Come Ladies, I am sure there are more Ladies just dying to get to have a cup of coffee and meet some SA Ladies, hopefully we can have a little more input here.

I'm happy wherever we seem to vote the most, and I really don't mind the small kids, I just thought it would be nice to have "time out" for the Mommie's, if you need to bring them of course you must.

Just a suggestion for a venue - Sorrento Quay at Hillarys Harbour (where the coffee morning is presently on a Wednesday) - reason being that Dad's and kids could spend time on the kiddies beach which is just there, which also has a jungle gym (I think?) There's such a nice holiday atmosphere about the place. I realise now that a coffee shop in a shopping centre might be a bit difficult for those who have kids with them. And I am also aware of the people coming from south of the river - maybe they could plan ahead and make a day of it. I'm easy though...

Hey Mary, that sounds good to me.

Any other ladies interested, maybe we could start this little group in October as long as we have a good amount of ladies that will be coming.

Who is in?????

I am in: No. 1 there.

Cheers

I am happy with any of the locations mentioned, so any Saturday in October and I will also be there!

2 People so far, come on Ladies.....................................

I am no. 3 and lets finalise the date being 10/10/2009 (2nd Saturday), lets make a decision and go to Waldecks which is conveniently located on Wanneroo Road which is close to the Reid & Mitchell Freeway, great menu, playground and beautiful nursery with loads of parking. Should we make it for 10am. If we decide that the venue is no good, we can change it for the month of November. Yes/No

Noele

Count me in. I am there.

Is that the one on the corner of Hepburn and Wanneroo with the statue's on the wall outside?

Archived