... FRUSTRATION BEYOND BELIEF...

Hi Guys...

As you can tell from the title, hubby & I are frustrated beyond belief.

It's been just over 7 weeks since we submitted additional info to our CO AND still no visa!!!!!! We lodged for a 175 PR (on the CSL list) 24 June 08 & received a CO on the 23 March 09. We have an agent (ASA) & last week they requested from the DIAC as to where we are & the DIAC hasn't even replied back yet. Each day goes by with no news. And then we read how others ( :thumbdown: CONGRATS TO THEM :lol: ) are getting their visa's & they lodged after us. My PC expires on 12 June 09, so we are going to apply for a new one on Saturday (for just in case) & hubby's expires in August 09.

We've asked our agent if we can call the DIAC directly to try & get some info, which they said won't really help as the number is a general info line. Does anyone have some advice or even a number we can call (one where you'll get through to someone who can actually help!). I see from the timeline topic that there are quite a few people from May / June / July 08 lodging who are sitting with the same problem as us. We can't understand what could be taking soooooooo long if they have all the correct info. We were beginning to worry something might be wrong with our application, but our agent says this is normal waiting time from the DIAC. But how is that others don't wait as long as us.

While I know it's a waiting game, our lives are on hold in every sense of the word which is very difficult to bear. We just want to get over there to start our new lives...

Thanks guys,

Belter

Belter... the wait IS awful, and it is also completely consuming.

What I do want to say, is that the feelings are completely normal...

You'll look back soon enough, and be amazed how stressful these times were...

All the best, there are many people waiting... Hang in there...

and take care,

red

Hi Belter

I know that the SA police clearance is valid for 6 months from date of issues, but we were told by our agent that the DIAC validate it for 1 year from date of issue. Maybe you should check with your agent to see if this info is correct?

Derek

PHONE!!!!! I'm also with ASA and after two weeks I phoned...(don't know HOW you managed 7 weeks - I will totally lose it!!). And when I phoned they said that they are waiting for coloured copies or certified copies of some of my husband's work docs!!! They never informed the agent that they are waiting for anything...So, Monday morning nice and early, phone the general number and just choose the right options....I get the feeling they are not giving info through to people - trying to bring things to a serious slow down......problem is - I don't have time or patience for their slow down!!!!! And next Wednesday, I will be phoning again and so every two days until I have my visa. O YES, and then the girl I spoke to at the DIAC said it would take another 3 - 4 weeks after they receive the correct docs....but, I get the feeling that is just the general thing to say at the moment...I will NOT wait that long!!! AAAAHAHHHHHHH. I feel better now... :thumbdown:

Phoned the adelaide skills processing centre, number is on the website, I can't think off hand. You will hold on for ages and ages but I have found them helpful. Make sure you have some sort of reference like main applicants passport number, date of birth etc and say that your agent is away or unhelpful etc and your meds/pc expire and you want to check that you haven't missed a mail requesting additional info or that they aren't waiting for anything from you. If you have the case officers name ask to speak to them.

good luck

You are not alone!!!

We applied in May 08 - 175 CSL and got a CO on 11 March this year.

Submitted the extra info that was required in Mid April and we have heard NOTHING!

Am going crazy............

With all of you on the fustration side.... I think billabong's got the correct attitude. Phone them on a regular basis and keep them working. I understand that they deal with volumes but if you request a "final" document then the applicant accepts that you have met all the other criteria. So the only thing to do is to verify the final document and then grant or decline the visa. I personnally phoned them after they requested the PCC for my son. After i sent the PCC thorugh I asked them if this was the only docs required as my medicals was about to expire in three days. After I got the wait for 4-6 weeks response I asked the lady why will it take this long to verify one document. I am still waiting for the answer. I silence came from the other side. I write down names and times and confront them on there timelines given to me. Only problem now is that my medicals expired so I think this will be the next documents required. I did not do the medicals on my own time, it was requested via an email from DIAC in April 08.

I think this forum keeps me from not going bananas. Thanks to all.

Cheers

Hugo

Urgh...and here I was thinking the waiting for a CO was bad enough...guess it doesn't end until you get that visa!

Good luck, hope they come back to all of you with good news soon. Also 175 CSL and only applied March 09, so still a long wait ahead of us! :ilikeit:

Hi Belter,

For what its worth, here is my experience:

CO 02 Feb 09, PCC 24 March, Meds done 06 April and received by HOC in Sydney on 21 April.

On 29 April all 3 (myself and the 2 kids) had on the E-business enquiry page "medicals finalised" but for my

wife it said "medicals outstanding". I sent an enquiry using the wesite enquiry form and 4 days later I did get a

response; "the CO is awaiting the medical report for the seconadary applicant"

So, so, close - but yet it feels so, so, far!!!!

My sister-in-law (same 176 type App. with WA) did her medicals mid March. Visa granted 01 May. Now that's

close family for me - I envy and hate her all in one! (just kidding)

All we can do is wait, and do whatever else you can, phone, e-mail, etc. I personally gave up on the phone option.

All the best. At least the forum is with us - MAJOR RETAINER OF SANITY!

Andre

yeah, i agree, phone them, email them, they are trying to slow the process down, but let some slip through faster than others...

on the day we phoned them to see what the problem was, (they had all our docs for a few weeks,) they granted our visa....

we phoned the 1300 skilled adelaide number, and apart from one time, had very good service from them always helpful and informative...except for the rogue one...she was a total bitch..but i guess you get them all over..i just put the phone down and dialled again, got someone else...if you quote your case officers name and file number, they will get the co on the other line, and direct any queries directly, you can hear them talking.....so you feel bit better...

vasbyt!!!

but..waiting is teh name of this game..we applied in jun 2008....visa granted this month...exactly eleven months!!!

Just to put you at ease, here is our basic timeline:

We lodged 18 April 2008.

Case officer requested extra documents 19/20 March 2009.

Additional documents were uploaded rather soon after this 23/24 March.

We now have our visa, but it was granted on 12 May 2009 (think this is the day our medicals were supposed to expire as we went for medicals 12 May 2008).

We have to make first entry before 18 September 2009.

I was also stressing hugely during the wait, but we were advised by our agent that the wait time for response to extra docs was anything between 3 days and 2 months.

It seems that the problem is there is an SLA on the time that they need to get the grant/request for extra docs out, but no SLA on when they need to look at extra docs.

If you're worried about your police clearance expiring (mine was obtained in may 2008, no new ones were requested), go have them redone, they only cost about R60 each.

Urgh...and here I was thinking the waiting for a CO was bad enough...guess it doesn't end until you get that visa!

Good luck, hope they come back to all of you with good news soon. Also 175 CSL and only applied March 09, so still a long wait ahead of us! :unsure:

175 CSL is on the priority processing... you should also follow up. you could get a CO sooner then you would expect.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the response & support!!!

Hubby phoned the Adelaide DIAC (on the 1300 number from our C.O letter) this morning (1:30am our time, 9am their time). He got through rather quickly BUT the person he spoke to wouldn't put him through to our C.O (even after he told them we couldn't get hold of our agent). He did say that an e-mail had been sent through to our agent, so we'll wait to hear what it says. He said not to get another PCC until requested by our C.O. Maybe the e-mail this morning is that... :lol:

Scotts, maybe we'll be lucky and get our visa before our 1st expiry date (12 June 08 - my PCC) just like you got yours... It's so frustrating playing this waiting game, and we were relieved (in a way) to see we not the only ones having this problem!

I guess we'll just try & carry on waiting... and waiting... and then phone... and then wait... and wait... and wait... and then phone...

Belter

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the response & support!!!

Hubby phoned the Adelaide DIAC (on the 1300 number from our C.O letter) this morning (1:30am our time, 9am their time). He got through rather quickly BUT the person he spoke to wouldn't put him through to our C.O (even after he told them we couldn't get hold of our agent). He did say that an e-mail had been sent through to our agent, so we'll wait to hear what it says. He said not to get another PCC until requested by our C.O. Maybe the e-mail this morning is that... :lol:

Scotts, maybe we'll be lucky and get our visa before our 1st expiry date (12 June 08 - my PCC) just like you got yours... It's so frustrating playing this waiting game, and we were relieved (in a way) to see we not the only ones having this problem!

I guess we'll just try & carry on waiting... and waiting... and then phone... and then wait... and wait... and wait... and then phone...

Belter

Hi Belter - I have a good feeling about that email - keep us posted!

Liesl

Hi Guys,

Well the e-mail yesterday was just from the DIAC saying that our application was being processed further with our CO & our patience is greatly appreciated. I will say our patience is being greatly tested!!!

We decided to phone again this morning (1:30am our time, 9am their time). Hubby through to someone a lot more helpful than yesterday. He wouldn't put us through to our CO BUT he did say that there was nothing flagged on our application & all seemed to be in order & that the 2 month waiting period was very normal for the DIAC. Again he said not to apply for a new PCC until requested. But we've decided to apply for my new one in the meantime (hubby's only expires in August 09).

I think if you do speak to your CO directly it is because something has been flagged on your application. We are relieved to hear from him that that's not the case with us. Now we just wait some more... :ilikeit:

Belter

THIS is what I recieved through my agent after a request to DIAC on the process of our visa. Keep in mind that I have a CO and the last docs he required and recieved 3weeks ago was the PCC for my child that turned 16. I called them three weeks ago and I got the reply to wait 4 weeks. My agent then got this message back yesterday after they followed up with a mail.

This is the quote from the mail.".......at present the application is undergoing checks which are part of the routine processing of visa applications. Unfortunately, ensuring all the legal requirements are met in relation to an application can take some time. In particular, it can take several months to gain any necessary health, character and national security or other checks or clearances from other agencies.

The case officer is following up on the status of your case on a regular basis to ensure it is being processed as soon as practicable. You will be contacted if we require more information when they proceed with processing your application.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Regards........"

Keep in mind that we have a State Sponsor, approved in Feb 09, and this is what answer is given after 3-4 months. I rest my case with this and is going to open something cold to relax.

Anyone is welcome to do the same.

Cheers

Hugo

Hi Hugoboss....we are in the same boat....now just waiting and waiting. I had a total wobbly yesterday!! But had two cold ones last night and feel better today. I have now made peace that we might only get our visa's by end July.....I have a feeling they are slowing down until the start of their new financial year..end June. It seems like only people already living in Australia or people who are applying for ENS are getting approvals at the mo...

I have a feeling they are slowing down until the start of their new financial year..end June.

Hi Billabong, I think you are right here! My agent told me the same thing! Guess we just have to wait hey! I've been waiting for more than 2 months now since PCC's and meds been finalised!!

BB

Hope you are right. New plan is to out of here by end of Sept. Hope this is realistic. I have fixed everthing in and around the house with this waiting to keep me busy. I am now breaking things to fix!!!!.

Cold ones is costing me a fortune, I think I must find a hobby or something for the next 4 months.

Cheers

Hugo

Hugoboss,

U R SOOO FUNNY!

Hope you are granted your VISA very soon.

Simpsons

I think one of the lessons this whole process teaches one is patience. My visa(457) has been approved beginning of May but I still do not know when I'll be in Oz....Reason being the hospital where I have a job find themselves overstaffed at present and now have to wait for contracts to expire before they can give me my starting date which can be after Oct!Thus I am still doing the "limbo" instead of the "cha-cha-cha".....Some day my life will continue.....

hugo, if ever i read a some thing that said absolutely nothing , this is it...wha a load of drivel! I presume they are just stalling for time...but very frustrating...

we also said..by december!!!, no, january!!!..ok, March, then April and just when i was thinking of giving up, in May the visa was granted...and that was before the slow down, so I think you had better take up a new hobby...something that uses LOTS of surplus nervous energy..like kick boxing or such....

gosh, hangel, thats a new one for me.....is it that they waited so long for your visa to be granted that they had to employ more people, or what? that is so not cool! keep up the good humour!

The visa was granted within about 2weeks from lodging. It sounds like the hospital was a bit over zealous in their recruiting efforts and offered contracts to more people than they needed.....so yes,I am the proud owner of a visa with nowhere to go! At least I have a little more time to sell my property. They say life is a journey,I just happen to find myself in a broken down car at the side of the road for the time being....All in good time,it will happen....

We're still waiting for our CO...but only lodged in March so guess I can't really complain. It's just this doing the limbo ( :ilikeit: ) that I can't stand. I just want to know that everything is fine and we can pack things on this date and arrive on that date. In the meantime, going to get medicals done and PCC's this week so hopefully when the CO gets to our stuff, it'll take quickly.

Hang in there guys, hopefully things will speed up soon!