Saffers that suffer

Lilly

Hi

It came to my attention that that there are some families here in Perth that are realy suffering. We all know what the current economical conditions are, and although we would like to scetch this idillic picture of Aus, there are some people here that just can't make it at this stage.

I learned about this family with three kids. Saffers. The husband is working, but not the wife due to the high cost of child care. The company for wich the man works has reduced the hours per week as to make people redundent. This is good and bad. He still has a job but now they can bearly make ends meet. They have a 8 month old little girl and twins of 3 years. A boy and a girl.

I am not expecting anybody to donate money. I was just hoping, mabe there are some of you who have old clothes for these kids. Winter is coming and I know there isn't any. I am prepared to come and collect it in the Perth area.

Please people, if you where in this situation, wouldn't you be thankfull for every little bit of help you could get? They are not drinkers or smokers, so I can honestly say that they use the money coming in very wisely just to cover there basic needs.

Please PM me if you can help.

Hi

It came to my attention that that there are some families here in Perth that are realy suffering. We all know what the current economical conditions are, and although we would like to scetch this idillic picture of Aus, there are some people here that just can't make it at this stage.

I learned about this family with three kids. Saffers. The husband is working, but not the wife due to the high cost of child care. The company for wich the man works has reduced the hours per week as to make people redundent. This is good and bad. He still has a job but now they can bearly make ends meet. They have a 8 month old little girl and twins of 3 years. A boy and a girl.

I am not expecting anybody to donate money. I was just hoping, mabe there are some of you who have old clothes for these kids. Winter is coming and I know there isn't any. I am prepared to come and collect it in the Perth area.

Please people, if you where in this situation, wouldn't you be thankfull for every little bit of help you could get? They are not drinkers or smokers, so I can honestly say that they use the money coming in very wisely just to cover there basic needs.

Hi,

Would a food parcel also be welcomed? I would be willing to help if you can collect. Easter is around the corner, even some Easter eggs for the kiddies. I know I would not like to be in that situation, God bless you!

EricaC

I will speak to Erica tomorrow and maybe we can organise something food wise etc for them. There are many out there who are suffering.

Hi Erica

To be honest, I didn't even whant to ask for food. I didn't know how the people would react to it. But it will be so welcome!! Thank you so much!

If there is any other people you know of that are in real need, please let me know. Maybe we can start a "help line"for them with all your old and unwanted goods.

There are constantly new saffers coming in and most of them need some help to settle in will small items or things they need until there container arrive. Please, I never had that help, but lets try and be there for other people.

Hi Erica

To be honest, I didn't even whant to ask for food. I didn't know how the people would react to it. But it will be so welcome!! Thank you so much!

If there is any other people you know of that are in real need, please let me know. Maybe we can start a "help line"for them with all your old and unwanted goods.

There are constantly new saffers coming in and most of them need some help to settle in will small items or things they need until there container arrive. Please, I never had that help, but lets try and be there for other people.

No problem, Candivw and I will discuss tomorrow.

Lilly/Erica/Candi,

perhaps you should coordinate your efforts with Enrica from this forum, who has been providing endless amounts of advice and kits with items designed to help settle while waiting for the container.

I'm extremely thankful to Enrica for the great amount of assistance she gave us, but I'm afraid that her experience may be that this kind of help can often be a rather thankless activity.

Hi Omzig

I now this not always the most thankfull job, but believe me, I'm not doing this to get appretiation from people. Sometimes something is set on your hart to do, and then you have to do it. I never know when I will need help like this, so while I'm in the position to help people, I would like to do it.

This is more for the people in need. We don't have family who can support us over here. Nobody who we can go to and ask for some bread just to help us through to the next pay day. That is why I feel I would like to ask if there is any other Saffers who feel like I do and would like to help.

Also, please feel free if you know of anybody who is in need to let me know. I know we will be able to help with the support of our fellow Saffers!

I am sure that there are many of us who are able to help out with donating even one loaf of bread, if we all do our best to help it could make a huge difference to these peoples lives! When you immigrate and have no family you never know when it will be your turn to rely on the generosity of others!

Just want to say how wonderful it is that there is still people like you guys who reach out to other people in their time of need. May God bless you all!! :rolleyes:

Today is the first day that this forum made me cry...

Really, you guys, its fantastic to see how much caring there still is amongst us. I can just hope that I am never in that position, but that if I am, I will be helped, and if I'm not, that I can help someone else

yolandi

Dear Lilly

Please let me know what the family needs and I will put some feelers out and rally the troops.

Regards

Enrica

We r going I am sure they would appreciate any help that comes their way.

Hi,

If anyone in Pta/ Centurion going to Perth has some space in a container or suitcase please let me know? (No its not a parcel from the wife of the "inteligence" minister...)

We may have some clothes that we could send.

Kind regards,

Dries

Just want to say how wonderful it is that there is still people like you guys who reach out to other people in their time of need. May God bless you all!! :)

Hi JennyR

You musn't look at the people that are doing this thing. You must look at the Greater Hand who is working here! I believe every one who realy needs help, will be lead to this site and that the people who is supposed to help, will open the thread at that stage and know, this is my turn to help.

But most of all, TTHHAANNKK YYOOUU for your blessings!!! We can never have anough of them and I hope in return that you have the most blessed week!!

Really, you guys, its fantastic to see how much caring there still is amongst us. I can just hope that I am never in that position, but that if I am, I will be helped, and if I'm not, that I can help someone else

yolandi

Hi Yolandi

You are just as fantastic just by reading and commenting on this thread! Remember, nothing happens without a reason. Maybe in a day, week or month you meet people that realy needs help. Then you know who you can contact.

yolandi

Dear, dear Yolandi!

Please don't be sad. We must selebrate this day! Our eyes eventaully opened and we saw the suffering of other people! It is a glorius day! Now when have no more excuses why not to help people.

There is a saying, never say never - and I believe in it. I do this because I whant to be there for people in need, as if God tells me, you never know when you will have to drink from that same fountain. And if the Master speak, I realy try to listen.

Dear Lilly

Please let me know what the family needs and I will put some feelers out and rally the troops.

Regards

Enrica

Hi Enrica

Thank you for offering. I get so maney mails of people that suffer that I will have to start tomorrow and filter through lem and see what kind of list I can put together,

Thank you for your willing ness. I will keep you up to date

I am still in SA and will help if I can???

My dear WE R GOING

Thank you so much for this genorous offer. It will unfortuanattaly be a bit expensive for you to send stuff ofer here.

But I also know of families in Pretoria who is using there last money to try and get every thing together to make the move to Aus. I knoe there are days that there are no food in the house and they have two small kids.

If you are interrested in helping them, I can get you in contact with them.

Thank you again with your willingness. Trust me, It is being notice in the great books.

Hi,

If anyone in Pta/ Centurion going to Perth has some space in a container or suitcase please let me know? (No its not a parcel from the wife of the "inteligence" minister...)

We may have some clothes that we could send.

Kind regards,

Dries

Hi Dries

What a brillient idea!! If someone would be so kind to give a little bit of space for these article, it could mean a difference for them which we cannot emagine! So please, If there is anybody out there moving here, Caný you help with just a small little space to help other needy saffers?

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Hi Lilly / Enrica

We are also still in South Africa and would love to help. We will be sending our container during May 2009, but i think it will be landing in Melbourne. Might know of one or two of my clients that commute regularly between Witbank and Oz - will try and find out what route they follow and perhaps see if they can take a load of unaccompanied baggage with.

Also - please advise if there is any other way we can help and what is needed. I have 2 little girls, a 13 year old boy and a 19 year old so am throwing out tons of old clothes that we wont take with. I will try and get a quote from seven seas to determine the costs of two boxes to you, if not too expensive i will try and send this - in the interim - Let us have a list of items needed.

regards

Brenda

Hi Lilly / Enrica

We are also still in South Africa and would love to help. We will be sending our container during May 2009, but i think it will be landing in Melbourne. Might know of one or two of my clients that commute regularly between Witbank and Oz - will try and find out what route they follow and perhaps see if they can take a load of unaccompanied baggage with.

Also - please advise if there is any other way we can help and what is needed. I have 2 little girls, a 13 year old boy and a 19 year old so am throwing out tons of old clothes that we wont take with. I will try and get a quote from seven seas to determine the costs of two boxes to you, if not too expensive i will try and send this - in the interim - Let us have a list of items needed.

regards

Brenda

Dear Brenda

Thank you so much for being so willing to help on this side. Though, I do not whant you to put you in a possition where you have to fork out alot of money! We can wait for you to arrive in OZ! There will still be people with needs when you get here my doll!

You give me such a warm feeling around my heart, to think that we Saffers are realy there for each other!

Thanks a million!!!!

Hi

Hi, I am willing to help .. could you e-mail me on transcomail@aol.com please?

To all the wonderfull people out there who is offering help and support, THANK YOU!!!

It is such a blessing to be part of this experience to help other people. But please let me know if there is more people that needs help. It looks like I might have some stuff to give away soon for newcomers or people in need. I will keep you updated as "our" stock room fills up.

My you all be blessed