SA's IN CANBERRA AND NEARBY

Johnny & Rene

Hi everyone,

Could everybody allready living in and around Canberra and those still in SA but moving to Canberra please PM me. If you do this please give me an e-mail address where I can contact you.

I have a list that I want to distribute to get information regarding the people living in or around Canberra, or who will be here shortly. This will make it easier once new people arrive and also give assistance to people allready here. To organise get togethers or just to see who is doing what.

Kind regards

Rene

We are lodging our state nomination application next week and will let you know if they accept it. What a nice idea!! :D

Hi everyone,

Could everybody allready living in and around Canberra and those still in SA but moving to Canberra please PM me. If you do this please give me an e-mail address where I can contact you.

I have a list that I want to distribute to get information regarding the people living in or around Canberra, or who will be here shortly. This will make it easier once new people arrive and also give assistance to people allready here. To organise get togethers or just to see who is doing what.

Kind regards

Rene

Hallo Rene,

We are leaving SA on 15 March 2009. We will visit with family in Sydney untill 18 March and arrive in Canberra on 19 March 2009. We are leaving SA with PR visa's.

My e-mail adress ----------------- (would love to hear from you!)

We will appreciate meeting other SA's in Canberra.

My husband asked if you could please ask Johnny if tool's is very expencive in Australia. My husband is also a mechanic (if I'm not making a mistake Johnny is also a mechanic??) and he cannot decide if it would be worth it to bring his tool box with (and buy some new stuff here) or just to replace it in Australia. He also want to know if you find FEW drill bits and cutting fluid there (? cost, would it be better to buy it here?).

I suppose Johnny will know what "FEW drill bits" is, as I honestly don't have a clue (ha ha).

Regards!

Sandra

(my spell check is not working, hope I'm not doing to bad with my english spelling)

Edited by Chris & San

Hallo Rene,

I actualy tried to send my previous message as a PM to you, but clearly did not succeed.

Still don't know how to send a PM. Please help?

Sandra

PS: I edited my message to remove my e-mail adress. Will send it as soon as I succeed in sending a PM

Edited by Chris & San

Hallo Rene,

I actualy tried to send my previous message as a PM to you, but clearly did not succeed.

Still don't know how to send a PM. Please help?

Sandra

PS: I edited my message to remove my e-mail adress. Will send it as soon as I succeed in sending a PM

Hi Sandra it's Louise-How r the last minute preparations for container going?

To PM click on the down arrow on the persons name you will see the send message item click that and write the message and go to the bottom of the page and send.

send me a test and I will let u know if it comes thru.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Sandra it's Louise-How r the last minute preparations for container going?

To PM click on the down arrow on the persons name you will see the send message item click that and write the message and go to the bottom of the page and send.

send me a test and I will let u know if it comes thru.

I THINK IT IS A WONDERFUL IDEA OF RENE - WE SHOULD ALL GET OUR DETAILS TO HER AND LETS START AN E-MAIL LIST SO WE CAN SEE WHO ALL IS IN CANBERRA.

DONT FORGET, TUMUT IS NOT TOO FAR AWAY FROM HERE AND THEY HAVE A HUGE COMMUNITY THERE AS WELL.

I TRIED MY BEST TO GET A LIST FROM GREG WHO MAKES THE BOEREWORS, BUT TO NO AVAIL = THUS - WE HAVE TO PULL TOGETHER AND GET OURSELVES ORGANISED.

COME ON LOUISE ALBERTS, YOU HAVE A WHOLE GROUP, LETS SET UP A CENTRAL E-MAIL ADDRESS AND LETS GET ALL THE NAMES AND E-MAIL ADDRESSES ON A LIST = SO WE CAN INVITE EVERYONE WITH THE PUSH OF ONE BUTTON - AND IF SOMEONE HAS SOMETHING SPECIAL OR MADE KOEKSISTERS OR BAKED BISKUIT - THEY CAN LET THE OTHERS KNOW TO GET THEIR $$$ READY AND WHERE TO GO GET IT.

I will set up a website tomorrow and let you all have the details and then you can all go place your details there and if there is anyone who wants to be moderator and an organising committee - lets start something ...

lotsa good ideas - ons is mos boere ons maak 'n plan

santy.bruwer@actewagl.com.au

Koeksisters - whose offerring koeksisters ???? now which of you Afrikaans ladies maak die lekker koeksisters ?

Louise made good peppermint crisp pud this weekend - yummy !!

Im prepared to help in any way Santy.

Hi Rene, I'm also a potential Canberrian. We received state sponsorship from them. Just waiting for our PCC's and than hopefully our visas will be approved. Think it is an EXCELLENT idea of yours. Would be perfect to have some network once in ACT. I'll PM you with my email address.

Keep well!

HI Sandra,

Tools are expensive here, tell your hubby to bring as much as he can, good tools that is, and his FEW drill bits, etc.

Jill

a cut and a snip and a change of plugs is all thats needed - even my pc works (for the last 4 years) on a fitted plug - believe us when we say, pack the tools and bring them over.

Hi everyone,

Kind regards

Rene

And once again I wanna call on all prospective SAffers and current Canberans to contact either Rene or myself with your e-mail addresses, so we can get the forum up asap.

santy.bruwer@actewagl.com.au

I also have a devine recipe book in e-format or I can post it to you - send me details.

Lets pull together and make a difference. Dont forget to support IGA in Holt - you travel North on Southern Cross and turn left in Beaurepairs ave - IGA on left - the more we buy the more the guy will get in for us - i have his tel number for those who cannot get to him, let me know I will pick up and drop off.

Santy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, just seen this post. Me & my OH will hopefully be part of the Canberra set soon. Just waiting for my SA police checks & fingers crossed our visa will be approved. Although based in not so sunny UK at the moment still very much a Saffa girl at heart. Can I be added to the list too? It will be great to meet up when we eventually arrive in Canberra.

Cheers

Aussiehopper & Co.

Hi Rene

We are relocating to Canberra next Saturday (21 March 2009). My husband, I and our two children, aged 3 and 1 will be leaving Saturday evening, and arriving in Canberra on Sunday evening. We would also like to meet and keep in touch with other South Africans in Canberra. I have also send you a PM with my e-mail address.

Kind regards

Marilet

Hello Rene,

Is the Riverina too far to be included in your list? We are in Wagga Wagga, about a 2 hour drive from Canberra which is the closet city to us (despite being in a different State!) Both Sydney & Melbourne are approximately 5 hours drive from us, so we are very centrally located - with Canberra being the nearest capital city to us. To attend events in Canberra a two hour drive can be done with relative ease.

Please let me know.

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone,

Just to add to my previous request.

The response wasn't as big as we had hoped it would be.

I am going to finalise the list and will be sending the list out on friday 5 June 2009.

If anybody wants to add their infromation to the list, no matter if you are here nor not, maybe you are on your way that is also ok. Send me a PM with an e-mail address where I can contact you and get all the information I need for the list.

The list will only be distributed to the people who is willing to share their information with the rest of us.

Kind regards.

Rene

Hi Johnny & Rene

This is a great idea!

I have sent you a PM with our details.

Thanks, Franci

we will arrive in Tumut - 14 June 2009

Kobus en Magda Maree vanaf Sabie

Have PM'd my e-mail address although we still waiting for sponsorship from ACT. With a bit of luck we'll be joining you end 2010...!

Have PM'd my e-mail address although we still waiting for sponsorship from ACT.

When did you apply to ACT? Should that about 40 days ... max 60 days

• 2 weeks later...