Irene: Gauteng Coffee Club, 18 November 2006

Pippa

Hi Pippa

Arno asked me to reply on his behalf. He plans to join with his wife & 3 children. Count me in too.

Regards

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for sticking to the RSVP deadline. This was a request from Irene Country Lodge, as they have to confirm the seating arrangements.

Herewith the final list for Saturday’s Coffee Club.

rsteyn x 3

Carlos Carvalho x 4

JacoE x 4

Tania x 4

Springbok x 1

Pippa x 3

W + R x 1

Conroys x 4

Russell x 2

Selwyn x 4

Tjaart x 4

Mads x 4

JacquesS x 2

Boer(s) + Sjellie x 2

Ria x 5

lindyc x 2

TjaartvdW x 4

Ocean3 x 3

Ystervarkie2006 x 2

Aniena x 4

Propwash x 3

JJV x 6

Aneldari x 2

Just a kind reminder to all parents to please bring enough toys / games for the children to keep them busy, as the afternoon might get long or boring for them!

Riekie was very kind to send some pamphlets and newspapers for the Coffee Club. If you have any information, books or photos that you would like to share, please feel free to bring it along.

Please note that the venue is not Irene Dairy Farm as per the previous 2 Coffee Clubs, but at Irene Country Lodge. Should you wish to eat / drink something; please ensure that you bring cash with you, as no credit cards will be accepted for our table.

I look forward to seeing you all!

Coffee Club Greetings,

Pippa

Hi Everyone,

I went to Irene Country Lodge earlier today to confirm our booking for Saturday’s Coffee Club. Fortunately and unfortunately, I did not expect such a big interest in the Coffee Club and booked for 40 people initially, but it seems as if we will be double the amount of people! Irene Country Lodge did not expect our numbers to double and they won’t be able to accommodate all of us (73 in total) at the tables. They have therefore suggested that they seat the children on picnic blankets close to where the adults will be seated. I personally saw the area and I think that it would be more than suitable. All parents are therefore requested to please bring picnic blankets along for their children to sit on. The children will also be able to swim if the weather permits. They also mentioned that they normally have a performance artist / clown to entertain the children on Saturdays, but they weren’t able to confirm whether there will be someone to entertain the children this Saturday.

The reservation is under “Coffee Club”. Please note that we will be seated at Irene Country Lodge’s Lakeside Country Kitchen.

The menu for the Lakeside Country Kitchen is attached below your convenience. You will be given a number to order from the menu, should you wish to eat / drink something. Every family is responsible for their own account. Please settle your account before you leave!

Directions with a map to Irene Country Lodge is attached below.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to PM me.

I look forward to welcoming you all!

See you soon!

Pippa

Lakeside_Country_Kitchen__Irene_Country_Lodge_.pdf

Irene_Country_Lodge_Map_and_Directions.pdf

Jariwa, jariwa, hoe meer siele hoe meer vreugde :hug:

My oë het amper uitgepop toe ek die getal mense sien wat die groot OZ-kasie gaan bywoon!!

Hi Fellow Coffee Clubbers,

I believe that the Weather Buro is forecasting rain for the whole weekend. I have therefore contacted Irene Country Lodge to ask them if they will still be able to accommodate us if it rains. Please note that they will accommodate us regardless of the weather. In the event of rain, please consult the reception to enquire where the “Coffee Club” is, as they will direct you to the correct location.

Come rain or shine, we will be there!

See you tomorrow!

Pippa

:stretcher:

Hi Everyone,

Thank you very much for your attendance today. :blush: Without YOU, the Coffee Club would not exist and I do appreciate everyone’s valuable contributions.

I am sure that everyone will agree that the service at Irene Country Lodge was world-class and I will therefore make a point of thanking them on the Coffee Club’s behalf. :P

Riekie, the people found all the pamphlets very useful and so many people asked to keep some of the information, which I agreed to. :P Thank you once again for making time and effort to send it and to help those who are still on their way. We all appreciate it VERY MUCH!

All the best and good luck to everyone who is awaiting their visa approvals. :D Also to those who are on their way within the next 2/3 months.

Please note that the next Coffee Club will most probably be held in February/ March 2007. I look forward to seeing you at the next Coffee Club.

Coffee Club Greetings,

Pippa

PS. Many thanks to everyone that made the effort to RSVP. :o To those of you that did not RSVP, may I please ask you to take the time to RSVP in the future? The venue requires a total number of guests 5 days before a function and I think it is only fair to them that we respect their request.

Hi Pippa en almal wat die koffie klub gereel het.

Baie, baie dankie vir al die reelings ens wat julle gedoen het om die koffieklub te reel . Ons het dit vreeslik baie geniet en dit was 'n groot sukses. Dit het ons baie gehelp, om te weet hoe om al die praktiese reelings aan die gang te sit en ons moed gegee vir dit wat voorle. Nogmaals baie dankie vir julle inisiatief, tyd en meelewendheid ons waardeer dit.

Groete

aniena en gesin :P:o:D:P:blush:

Hi,

BAIE DANKIE Pippa vir jou moeite. Ons het dit werklik geniet ('and valuable to boot'). Jy kan gerus die Lodge komplimenteer met hulle diens.

Thanks for all the friendly faces (the rest of you better..... :blush::P )

Sterkte aan almal wat binnekort op pad is. Ons vertrou saam met julle dat dit goed sal gaan en dat julle suksesvol sal wees daar anderkant en net van krag tot krag sal gaan.

Jaco en Alzanne

Pippa

Thank you for all the arrangements. We thoroughly enjoyed meeting and chatting with all those Australia bound.

To all the optimistic Springbok supporters, after yesterday's showing :ilikeit: , we've decided ordering our Wallaby jerseys. Sorry! :lol:

Cheers

Carlos & Liza

Hi Pippa

Thanks for arranging this. I'm glad to have had the opportunity to share information, experiences and opinions with other likeminded South Africans i.t.o emigration. I have found this forum and the coffee club to be invaluable to anyone wishing to immigrate to Aus and since receiving this URL from a friend have become quite an 'addict' to this forum.

Lately, in this country, we as South Africans dont really operate as a unified society anymore and it was amazing to see so many people together in 1 place with 1 'united' goal...Emigration

It will definately be a sad day when we all leave this beautiful country - but as we all agree, it is time ! (Think I just shed a tear - seriously)

Again, thanks to you and all involved in this coffee club

Regards

TjaartvdW

Hey Pippa! Ek is bly julle kan die info wat ek so aanstuur darem gebruik. Ek sal nog stuur, dan kan jy maar weer uitdeel..... (Snaaks hoe gewild gemorspos skielik kan wees ne! ;) Ek onthou nog hoe ek die alewige klomp gemors in my hek altyd verwens het! Dit is nou die wat oorbly nadat my honde die res vir ontbyt verslind en die hele grasperk met 3cm blokkies daarvan "verfraai" het! :lol::lol: ) Is daar enige iets spesifiek wat hulle in belang gestel het? (Enige iemand kan maar sy lysie maak - as dit nie te swaar is nie, en ek het die info, sal ek dit vir Pippa stuur - no problem! :ilikeit: )

Pippa, ek dink jy doen 'n fantastiese liefdesdaad om hierdie koffie kuiers te rëel - ek dink nie jy besef die groot waarde daarvan en hoeveel ons almal - ook die in Oz - dit waardeer nie!! (Jy sal maar moet begin "bearbei" aan 'n opvolger...... :whome: ) Net vir interessantheid: hoeveel mense was julle gewees?

Hi Riekie,

Dankie vir jou nice post, ek waardeer dit baie! :ilikeit: Dit is regtig ‘n voorreg om mens se situasie met ander wat ook in ‘n soortgelyke situasie is, te deel. Die mense het almal baie positiewe energie :D en dit is lekker om met sulke like-minded mense te social ! Ek glo dat die meeste mense baatvind by so ‘n geleentheid en hoop regtig dat die Coffee Club kultuur sal uitbrei na ander stede in SA toe.

Ek is bly julle kan die info wat ek so aanstuur darem gebruik. Ek sal nog stuur, dan kan jy maar weer uitdeel.....

Die inligting wat die meeste aandag getrek het, is pamflette oor meubels en goed vir mens se huis. Ek self, het ‘n lekker idee gekry toe jy veral die brosjure van Freedom destyds gestuur het. Verder was daar ‘n inligtingstuk oor skole, wat van die mense geintereseer het. Enige pamflette oor eiendomme en voertuie sal ook baie handig te pas kom. B) Nogmaals dankie vir jou moeite – dit help verskriklik baie !

Net vir interessantheid: hoeveel mense was julle gewees?

Jinne Riekie, dit was nou maar eers die 4e Gauteng Coffee Club en ek was verbaas om so baie mense te sien. Oorspronklik sou ons 73 mense gewees het, maar ek skat dat ons op die ou-end so tussen 80 en 85 mense was. Ek het gedink dat ons minder mense sou wees agv die reen, maar dit was op die ou-end ‘n regtig Oz-kasie soos Tania sal se! ;)

Dankie aan julle daar in Australie vir julle volgehoue ondersteuning!

Coffee Club Groete,

Pippa