A Network of prayer needed

KathyW

My daughter met the most wonderful little guy of 17 years old, and has been seeing him for a couple of months now. He has been the absolute gem in her life and has helped her to settle down so quickly and has become her best friend as well.

Us as Parents, really like him because he is not like most of the Australian youngsters we have seen and met.

On Sunday he was at Hillary's and jumping on the trampoline and fell at an angle and has seriously injured himself with this fall.

Yesterday his Mom phoned me and the results have been confirmed that this youngster will now be paralized from the chest down, he has not taken this news very well as he is a sporty youngster who is out every weekend doing some sort of outdoor sport.

I cannot tell you how this upset my daughter who has hardly moved out of her room let alone had much to eat since this has happened.

Her first little romance in a new country has not started very well.

I ask everybody to please remember "Travis" in your prayers as I have told my daughter I believe that miracles happen and dreams do come true.

Thank you and God Bless

Cheers

Kathy

We will definetely remember him in our prayers!

Yo

Sorry to hear about Travis's accident. will definately pray for him and your daughter. It must be heart rendering for her especially havin met him in her new home country. I'm sure she isn't taking it too well. Just support and love her.

Kathy I am so terribly sorry to hear about the accident and I will most definitely pray for Travis and your daughter.

Do you know if they are hopeful or not? A lot depends on if the cord was severed in the accident. Usually they will do an MRI scan to check but I think time is the big factor...

I can only hope and pray that this is not permanent as for a sporty young man this is devastating..... For anyone in fact!!!

Wishing you all the best..............

Kindest Regards

K

Oh Kathy, what can I say? I will be thinking of you and your daughter and Travis and praying as hard as I can. <_<

I'm very sorry to hear about the accident, Kathy. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers, especially Travis.

Dax

Wow Kathy! So sorry to hear this. Was he the guy there on Christmas Eve? I will pray for him, lets hope that the swelling has given a false test result. And you are right miracles happen all the time!!!

Candice

Hi KathyW!

This is awful. Sorry, got onto the thread a bit late, but will be remembering him in my prayers also.

Has there been any change in his condition?

Kathy I am so terribly sorry to hear about the accident and I will most definitely pray for Travis and your daughter.

Do you know if they are hopeful or not? A lot depends on if the cord was severed in the accident. Usually they will do an MRI scan to check but I think time is the big factor...

I can only hope and pray that this is not permanent as for a sporty young man this is devastating..... For anyone in fact!!!

Wishing you all the best..............

Kindest Regards

K

Hi K,

They have already done the MRI Scan and yes he did sever the cord in the accident, I am not too clued up on these things but his Mom mentioned something about the 6th disk in the neck or something...............

Got your e-mail, will reply soon, have not been able to touch base yet.

Wow Kathy! So sorry to hear this. Was he the guy there on Christmas Eve? I will pray for him, lets hope that the swelling has given a false test result. And you are right miracles happen all the time!!!

Candice

Hi Candice,

Yip that was the young lad you met on Christmas Eve.

Siobhan is really taking strain, I think it is so hard for her to understand.

And yes you know how I believe in my miracles and positive thinking........

Thanks Candice

Thank you so much all my friends, I have told Siobhan and she thanks all of you as well.

Cheers

Kathy

Thank you so much all my friends, I have told Siobhan and she thanks all of you as well.

Cheers

Kathy

Hello Aunty Kathy

Me and my family will also pray for you guys. I will make sure they do.

Best of luck and send our love to Siobhan.

Tash

Sending, many positive thoughts and prayers for Travis, family and your daughter and your family.

Take care, and keep strong!

red

Hallo Aunty Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about the accident. I will pray for Travis and his family as well your family especially Siobhan. And miracles do happen, as long as we don't give up hope.

Lots of love

Odette

So very saddened to hear of this tragedy, will pray for Travis and your daughter. With Jesus all things are possible.

Hi all

I was with Kathy when she spoke to his mom. He has broken the 5th or 6th vertebray (spelling) in 3 different places. Currently he is wearing a Halo (a metal ring around your head that gets screwed into your skull) He should be in hospital until about next week Tuesday or Wednesday and will then go to a rehap clinic and should spend about 8 months there. It is very sad for such a young active boy to go thru this. I will also keep him, shiobhan and his family in my prayers and know that in a few months time he will be healed and this will just seem like a nightmare. :)

Hi Kathy

My prayers will be with Travis, his family and your daughter. I have worked in Rehab and miracles happens every day. This is a long road for all of you but with God's hand to hold you all you will have courage to go on.

Ronell

Hi Kathy,

Just saw this thread. I am so sorry to hear about this terrible accident. Travis and his family and your daughter Siobhan will be in my thoughts and prayers.

zorba

Hi Kathy,

So sorry to hear about this tragic accident, my thoughts and prayers are with him, your daughter and all the family, miracles do happen, he is still young so his spine is strong.

Stay positive, Jill

I will pray for Travis, that he may accept this tragedy in his young life, and for his family to have the strength to bear it.

Prayer and staying positive work many miracles.

Hi Kathy... Must say I feel so devastated for everyone affected by this tragedy!

We all need to pray to God for mercy for this young man. Miracles do happen......

Keep us updated as time goes by.

All the best

K

Kathy - I am so sorry to read this. It is awful news! ;) I couldn't begin to imagine what your poor daughter is going through... not to mention her boyfriend! :blush: