Planning a move to Aus too

kobus2

Kobus, if you are being State sponsored isn't it a 176 you apply for?

I would imagine they would tell you which visa you would have to apply for.

Maybe a Migration Agent on the forum can give you an answer...

wow that is fast

My employer expects me to arrive in May latest. We would like to do the process as quick, yet sensible as we can.

The town is Tumut, and I guess it is definitely regional. I will find out about 119. Any more reasons to go this route?

Remember when you were too scared to post, Liesl!! :)

:blink::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I KNEW you would say something cheeky!! :lol::lol:

yeah, I would have thought 176 too - the HR lady I am in contact with (senior person in the org.) followed the link to the visa types, and suggested she thinks maybe it is a 175. I get the feeling she has not done this before.

what should I suggest to her? 176? 119? etc>?

Edited by kobus2

Go and look at the timelines or look where people have posted topics on the 176 and see what the timeframe looks like. I am almost sure that the 119 is far quicker - the Sydney office is apparently also a lot quicker at awarding these visas than the Brisbane office. I do think that maybe you should phone an agent and get their input. If you like, you can contact the agent Eva and I used and just get his input - he is based in Toowoomba, Queensland and always seems to give advise freely on the phone (bit harder to get anything out of him via email)

Geoff Higgs

Come to TASMANIA, ITS REALLY BEAUTIFUL HERE, NO POLLUTION AND VERY LITTLE STRESS.

Hi Lyall

, waiting for teh prices to drop so we can buy as soon as we get pr...you also get first time home owners grants which are a big help

Do you have to be PR to buy a house? Or is that a personal choice?

Nes

I think you should tell the HR that the 175 is not a sponsored visa.

You need the 119 RSMS visa if it is an employer sponsored PR visa. My personal opinion is that you should try and get a PR visa rather than a temp visa. Speak to the person who offered you the job. Maybe they can use an agent to sort out the paperwork on your behalf.

You need to have all the other paperwork in order... IELTS and Birth certificates etc.. Proof of ability to speak English with your spouse as well.

Also need the PCC...

Have you all this already as they do take time....???

Yes, I have started with some of the paper work already. The forum has helped to give me a reasonable idea of what I need - if I am not necessarily familiar with the exact details, lol. :)

Would my wife (if we successful to move) be able to work? wait some time before she can work? I dont find anything on this topic.

Hi Kobus

Your wife will have no work restrictions on any of the visa's you have mentioned and will be able to work.

Has your employer decided which visa to pursue?

If they want you in May they have to get moving.

Have you looked at the new priority processing list as this could help you both decide the best way to go, here is an excerpt from the Iscah migration newsletter, full version available at Iscah migration newsletter

---"As announced in our last two newsletters the minister was showing signs of being very keen on favouring Employer Supporter migration at the expense of migration through the points test.

Well the DIAC minister has just announced significant changes that in short will change the order of processing General Skilled Applications undecided after 1st January 2009 (that is all permanent points tested applications under skilled migration - 880,881,882,885,886,175,176 etc)

Although the total program numbers wont be cut at this stage for the next 6 months, the place you fit in the priority list will determine how long it may take. In short the new priority order (number 1 being the quickest) will be ..

1. Employer sponsored visas

2. State or territory Government sponsored visas

3. Occupations on the critical skills list

4. Occupations on the Migration Occupations in Demand List

5. All other valid applications

You will note the introduction there of the "critical skills list" which is a shorter version of the MODL. It will mean that applicants who have nominated an occupation on the "critical skills list" can expect much speedier processing. Whilst those applicants who are in priority 5 can expect a blowout in their already long processing times. I would expect well beyond 12 months in total processing time."---

From this, it would then be logical for your employer to follow the 119 RSMS if they are in a regional area or 121 ENS- both are employer sponsored p.r visa's, see here for more info Employer Sponsored Migration

Points to consider:- They will need to become a registered sponsor and submit a nomination to employ you, click on the employer section of the above link for more detail.

You will need a skills assessment - I am not sure which Australian body this would be done through?

Your occupation needs to be on the Ensol or Modl list as the relevant asco code would need to be included in your application see hereEnsol- Modl

You may have to do IELTS, English Language requirement

Here is the form for ENS -47ES

Your employer may want to consider using a migration agent to assist as they are new to this process- there are several on this forum.

I hope some of the information here helps.

Regards

AndreaL

Hi again Kobus

Vetassess is your assessment body Vetassess- who can apply

The asco for Forester is 2114-13 and I think requires a degree.

Hi Kobus

We came across (also forestry) on a 457 visa. It was the easiest way for us. We have now started the process for PR. My husband arrived in August and the family followed in stages. The employer has to do ground work to start with. We used an agent although it is expensive but they guided us through the process.. If it is an employer sponsored job, the employer has to get premission to employ you. Make sure this is all in place. In the meantime get all your ducks in a row. Unabridged birth certificates and marriage certificates. Have your degress or diploma assessed. Get Police Clearance. Previous employer references. Passports with time before expiry. Medicals need to be done. Do IELTS. If you have all this ready it goes so much quicker.

We could have lodged for PR straight away but had to wait for my daughter to arrive.

Good luck with the move

Penny

thnx guys for the info

We have just started this process. Will keep every one up to date wit hthe progress. I am waiting for them to advise on the visa type - maybe tomorrow.

K

did my police clearance stuff today - making progress, lol

Waiting for my "employer" to give feedback on whether they will assist with 119 visa - them being NSW government agency should make it a good option, I hope...

I have been reading on 119 visa.

Do I need the IELTS? Skills assessment if I have a BSC? (It seems not - my occupation gets 50 points)

clarification will be helpful

thnx

Edited by kobus2

You will need it. If not for accreditation by your professional body for your qualification - then to lodge the visa application. You have to now prove English ability.

nes, you can buy property on 457 but you need a huge deposit..

would rather wait awhile and then also qualify to get a bigger bond, cause will

earn more - hopefully - once we got pr...i have been offered a job almost double what i am earning now, but teh company insists on pr status...so for these reasons we are waiting....

• 5 weeks later...

update on our progress

My employer confirmed last week - they will sponsor me for a PR visa - indeed good news

May is our target, but no deadline..

• 1 month later...

got this message from my employer today "your sponsorship has been certified "

Still struggling to get kids birth certificates since Dec - lady keeps telling me system is down etc.

but progress is being made <_<

• 1 month later...

update: I got a case officer yesterday!!

hope things progress fast from here - waiting is not easy, lol

Hello Kobus,

Ek sien jy het jou CO gekry, baie geluk, ek hoop dit gaan gou van nou af.

Die feit dat jy 'n werk het is amazing! Ek was nou die dag bietjie geskok toe ek lees op die forum van 'n ander

elektrisieën, met 'n WA lisensie, wat sê hy sukkel om werk te kry. Ons wag vir die finale besluit van ons aansoek

(176 State Sponsored - WA) Einaardige tye in hierdie huidige ekonomiese klimaat.

Het jy al gekyk na Albany op Google Earth. Ek is 'n regte "arm chair traveller" op Google Earth. Daar is die pragtigste

fotos. Perth, Broome, Darwin, Cairns, Mackay (die Aussies spreuk hom uit - "Mackaai") Townsville, Brisbane, Sydney,

Melbourne, Adelaide, Esperance en Albany. Sien jy, daar het nou kloksgewys reg rondom Oz beweeg in 'n paar

sekondes.

Sterkte voorentoe, ek hoop sommer jy kry jou visa voor enige van ons - ek is seker jy sal ons laat weet!

Groete,

Andre du Preez

Randparkrif

(Afrikaanse Zimbabweaan, gebore en getoor in Bulawayo)

Hi weereens Kobus,

Ek is bietjie deur die weer. Jy het gesê NSW, nie Albany WA nie.

Kyk nog steeds na jou dorpie op Google Earth - your window to your future!

Groete,

Andre

Ja, ek het al bietjie gaan kyk na Tumut - siende dat ek in Sabie woon, is klein dorpies nie probleem nie...

Ek verkies dit eintlik

Ek dink ek self sal lag lag in 'n klein dorpie kan woon. My vrou is egter taamlike 'n City Girl.

Ek het op 'n stadium na Bedigo gekyk - so uur se ry Noord van Melbourne. Dit lyk fantasties. Die mense daar

het 'n kleiner woordeskat. Weet nie van iets soos "verkeer" nie.

Australia is nie groot nie - dis MASSIVE!!!!

Ek reken, so lank daar goeie nodige infra struktuur is - hospitaal, ambulans, genoeg winkels - dan kan die lewe

mos heel aangenaam wees.

Groete,

Andre