Panasonic Breadmakers

polly

Thanks Janneman and Bob for explaining.

Bob: What do you mean by hold your head the right angle?? I'm confused! :rolleyes:

It's just one of those dopey Australian expressions that folk with a lousy sense of humour use.

If you can't do something, or if something's gone wrong, an Aussie will ask whether "you held your head right?"

Whenever anyone says that to me, I state that I don't need to . . . . it's all done with mirrors nowadays!

(sorry if the Aussie sense of humour doesn't make sense)

Hi Bob, please don't apologise :ilikeit:

It's funny I have a friend who was born in Aus and lived there until she was 18 and I sometimes have to ask her: huh? what do you mean by that? And she usually brushes it off with the comment "oh it's just an expression" before explaining what it means. I appreciate her sense of humour and the odd/funny expressions she comes up with but it was only when I joined the forum and encountered some of the ozzie idioms that I began to tie in that it was somehow related to her australian heritage! I can almost hear her using the one you have just explained! :rolleyes:

Edited by celeste

So we read tons of reviews, etc. Went to David Jones in Doncaster Westfield. Nice opening specials. Bought the Sunbeam Quantum. Just baked the first one (Laucke white bread mix). I am typing with a full mouth. My goodness, this bread is fantastic!

Ok, so by the time I was donee typing, most of the bread is gone :(

Ag mens Polly, na 'n week gaan ons saam die vetrolletjies tel! :(:whome::whome:

Ons bak al klaar die tweede batch :( Ons bak vanaand rolletjies vir hamburgers. More oggend eet ons weer vars brood. Ai dis lekker :whome: Ek sal maar die skool stap elke oggend 'n drafstap moet maak :whome:

Ons het die 5kg sak gekoop. Ek sien klaar hoe koop ons die 10kg sak teen die einde van die week :whome:

Nou gaan ons lekker eksperimenteer. Manlief wil klaar leer panini's maak. Ek sal iewers vir my 'n rosyntjie brood in sneak.

I have a Breville and its good. I only got it about 1 month ago and so far I have made bread, bread rolls, foccacia and CINNAMON ROLLS. Anyone remember Cinnabon in SA. They were a very expensive treat for us, and I was able to make a whole tray with the bread maker quite cheaply. Just google Cinnabon recipe or cinnamon rolls for a heap of recipes.

Candice

Thanks :lol: Will check it out. It was difficult deciding between Breville and Sunbeam. The top range models both look like good machines. The Sunbeam they had was bigger than the Breville, so we made a snap decision :lol: And on sale it was cheaper ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I have done some research, and the best machine to buy seems to be the Panasonic, without breaking the bank too much, although they are quite expensive! Here only Tafelberg Furnishers stock them. I've heard that the bread it produces is by far the best tasting and best. I have found a second hand one, for R500, which was an unwanted gift and is practically brand new, they say! Sometimes you do get practically brand new stuff secondhand! I'm so excited, but it is in Jo-burg, I'm in Cape Town, but luckily my broter in law can go and have a look and send it to me, I can't wait!

Cheers

Tania

Enjoy! We are finding ours fantastic. We have made white and multi-grain bread, rolls and last night pizza with the thing. Best pizza we EVER had :ilikeit:, though a rectangle shape :lol:

Definitely a money saver if you have boys who eat a lot of bread.

Wow that's still quite expensive, I think you're right, I'm onto a bargain! Now I just need to get it here from Jo'burg, and I can bake some bread! Yippeeeeee! B)