Paying SA Debt??

NUHOME

THANK YOU SPITFIRE!!!!

You're right.....GUIDANCE is what Heymanse and I asked for!!!

Sorry that I have not been on the forum for a while...( been here only 12 weeks now and my hubby's dad past away!!! so he had to go back to SA for the funeral....he is the the only child!!!!)

So you can now imagine that the debt in SA has to take a 'back seat ' at the moment!!

Heymanse spoke my mind...as I understand it....we are trying our best to support our families here in Oz!!! We know our responsibilities BUT it would be just dandy if we could tell the banks.." please wait until we have settled, before we can start paying our debt...oh and please dont increase the interest etc while you wait for me to pay!!!" THAT WOULD BE JUST WONDERFUL!!! - But not possible!!!

1. No hassles from authorities in SA re our Debt ...( nobody waiting at the airport to handcuff him...).

Since we started from "scratch"...I mean literally buying teaspoons to second hand lounge sets etc...we need every cent we make to "SETTLE IN"!!Heymanse is right when she says that sending $1000 to SA for home & car payments is impossible at the moment....but once I know that my family can survive here in OZ --- then ONLY will i start payments in SA!!

Some may have an 'opinion' about that, so be it...

NUHOME

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SpitFire

• Heymanse

• Brissy Bessies

• NUHOME

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that there loads of jobs going in Sydney.

Maybe I'm mistaken.

What kind of job are you looking for to bring some extra $$$ in?

There are loads of jobs, loads and loads of them. My husband, whilst working for a company already, are now looking for a job that can pay more and is closer to home, as he travels approximately 3 1/2 to 4 hours per day on the bus. He's been for several interviews and are going for another tomorrow but to date, he was not successful in any of the applications. We are now thinking that maybe he's over qualified or the people that interview him are scared that, because of his experience, he might take over their positions one day! I, on the other hand went for an interview with a very reputable company which offered a salary of $60 000 plus super. I was one of 2 candidates and went through 3 stages of interviews at the company. Unfortunately, I got a call yesterday to say, sorry, you didn't get the job. But I've been applying since last week and have been sending my Resume out to different companies and personnel agencies, keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed that I'll be able to secure a job as soon as possible. So yeh, even though there are plenty of jobs, its not necessary to say that you're gonne get it, but we keep on trying.

I can only speak for myself in saying that I wasn't commenting on their asking for advice on how to pay their debt, although I did in my last post make a suggestion about making an arrangement with your lenders to pay off small amounts. (I believe that they can sometimes give you a few months grace before starting payments too, so this may be something else to look into)

What shocked me and put my back up was the fact that a number of people seemed to be encouraging others not to even try to do so, one member (who I shall not name) even appeared to be bragging with the amount of debt he left and wasn't intending to pay. If it puts peoples back up that I think this is dishonourable then so be it. Theft is theft in my eyes and has nothing to do with me thinking I am better than anyone else, I am just not a fan of dishonesty.

Good luck to everyone that is on their way or just landed, I hope you find good paying jobs really soon.