SAAustralia members living in Perth

Cindylou

At Shelly's suggestion I'm starting a list of members living in Perth who don't mind being contacted for advice or assistance by other members.

Please feel free to add your details if applicable, the only thing I'd ask is to keep the thread clear of any extraneous clutter - if you want to ask questions / chat about anything then either PM or start a new thread...That way we won't have reams and reams of pages which people have to scroll through to find the contacts!

For advice or help about general issues in Perth you are welcome to contact me. We don't have any kids, but have five animals and live in Rossmoyne (SOR). I work full time so I don't get to attend the coffee mornings, but am happy to be of assistance where I can.

Cindy

• Like 1

I take it that we just put in a post to add ourselves to the list?

We've only been here six months, but no problem helping wherever possible. Family of 3, live in Banksia Grove. Both of us work and our son goes to daycare until next year, when he starts kindy.

We have a cat. (For those who're cat lovers, that means the cat has us!)

Cindylou, go for it.....

Hubby and son of 19 hass been here since March, myself and daughter 13 been here since April 2008.

We live in Butler (part of Brighton Estate) NOR, just the 4 of us, and of course 1 shitzu/Maltese puppy who is 6 months old.

I work 3 days a week and also don't mind helping where I can.

I know what it's like being new and lost in the wilderness.

Hi, we are a family of 3.

We arrived 29th June, I'm a stay home mom (for now), my hubby works & my daughter(8yrs) is at Settlers Primary. Also one maltese/Shitzu puppy 3,5 mnths old beautiful little girl.

We currently stay in Shoalwater, soon to move to Baldivis SOR.

Give me a shout & I'll see where I can help.

Hi

We arrived in Oz on the 31 Aug 1998 so have been here for a while. Have lived in a few different places including south of the river (SOR) and north of the river (NOR), we now live in Landsdale (NOR), have 2 young boys and a Schnauzer (dog). We have both worked in our trades as well has both been self employed.

Feel free to contact us if you need anything or want to know anything and we will do our best to help.

If you are after advise on cars you are also welcome to pop in at the Bridgestone Tyre Shop (soon to be Tyres Plus) in Canham Way, Greenwood. Carl is always around and will give you a very honest opinion.

Mandy

Hi we're a family of 3, living in Lakelands (Mandurah SOR), hubby is a trady, I'm working part time and our 2 year old love day care. We've been here for 20 months.

Feel free to contact me if you need any information.

Regards

Sulona

Hi

We are a family of 3 (soon to be four in January). My husband works in the Oil and Gas industry and I'm a stay-at-home mom. My daughter is 2 1/2. We live in Innaloo and are happy to help with any info if needed. We have only been here 6 months but have learnt our way around a few things.

Good luck to everyone on their way!

Hi

My name is Candice, my husbands name is Steve and we have a 5 year old son. We live in Butler which is NOR about 40km out of the city. We have been here 1 year in Nov and are here on a 457, we are currently in the process of geeting our docs ready for the employer nominated PR. My husband works as an engineer and I have a SAHM, doing casual nightfill.

We are happy to help with anything! Just send me a mail.

Candice

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Audrey here, we have been living in Perth for almost 4 years in March 09, we stay in Ashby (NOR) We have 1 son who is two and another one on the way, Hubby and i work together from home, he has his own web development business and our little boy attends daycare 3 days a week.

Please feel free to contact me for any advise, or information or help

Cheers

Audrey

Hi

I have been in Perth almost 9 years , have 2 boys 14 and 13 years, dog ,brids and tropical fish live with us in Ocean Reef.

Hubbie is self employed recycler does cartridges new and remanufactured, printer and copiers repairs and supplies and I am a travel agent.

Happy to help when and where I can.

Cheers

Enrica

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

We've been here about 16 months now and i have a 23 month old son. My husbands 2 daughters are joining us in January age 15 and 13. We stay in Morley (not sure if it is south of north) but yes love the area close to shops and schools.

Not everyone likes the area but it is safe. If I can be of any help please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Anje

• 3 months later...

Hi all!

I've been quiet the last few months (reading not posting), started studying and just busy with getting on with life in our new country. We have been here 8 months and couldn't be happier. We have joined a fantastic church who are wanting to assist me, where possible to help new arrivals, or anyone struggling in the current economic situation.

I am in Perth, living in Shoalwater (Rockingham) and have some items I can lend to new arrivals.

Some of the items I have available are:

Cutlery

Crockery

Glassware

kettle

toaster

Various linen items

With assistance of my church, we can help with basic food parcels (containing tinned food, pasta, rice, etc), furniture vouchers (from the Salvo stores).

We are keen to help where ever possible, please feel free to PM me & let me know what I can do to help.

Aramat

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to let those out there that are moving to Perth that I am willing to help you out when you land, IE help you find yous shops, show you around etc. I dont know everything yet as I have only been here just short of 3 months but I know how daunting it is to land in a new place and then have to try shop and get mobiles set up etc. My hubby and I had some friends here but both couples were on holiday when we landed so we had to do it by ourselves.

If anyone needs help, just shout!

• Like 1

I remember how daunting everything was when I landed, you know nothing, and we had no one to help us, so I would be more than glad to help others out.

Hey,

Thank you so much for this email. So nice to know that when you arrive there will be someone to help out. We don't have our visa yet, only going to submit application this week, but we will definitaly take you up on your offer.

With the fantastic quantas special on at the moment, we might be able to come out for an LSD in august, and then it will be great to meet for coffee or something.

Thank you again for the help you are offering.

Regards

Annelie :-)

Thanks that is so kind. We are planning on coming to Perth area and are from South Coast. See you were from Durban. How are you enjoying it there. Have you got kids and how are they doing. Can you give me info on areas around Perth that are nice to settle.

Thanks

Some questions to think about - as this would narrow done the possibilties

Do you have kids?

Do you need to be close to city for work?

Do you prefer to be inland in the hills area or close to the sea.

Do you mind commuting?

Are you going to rent or buy?

Do you want a new house or don't mind older style house?

Do you have any family or friends already in Perth?

Thanks that is so kind. We are planning on coming to Perth area and are from South Coast. See you were from Durban. How are you enjoying it there. Have you got kids and how are they doing. Can you give me info on areas around Perth that are nice to settle.

Thanks

Have you been to any of the coffee morning at Hillarys? I found that even having been here for over 2 years it was great to meet new people and get more information and help from people that had been here even longer than me. Also its a great way to give back and to help people connect with others in their area.

I just wanted to let those out there that are moving to Perth that I am willing to help you out when you land, IE help you find yous shops, show you around etc. I dont know everything yet as I have only been here just short of 3 months but I know how daunting it is to land in a new place and then have to try shop and get mobiles set up etc. My hubby and I had some friends here but both couples were on holiday when we landed so we had to do it by ourselves.

If anyone needs help, just shout!

Have you been to any of the coffee morning at Hillarys? I found that even having been here for over 2 years it was great to meet new people and get more information and help from people that had been here even longer than me. Also its a great way to give back and to help people connect with others in their area.

Yes i go to all the coffee mornings!

Johan and Hettie Venter, arrived 17 March 2006. Stayed in Kalgoorlie for 2 years, moved to Rockingham, Perth in May 2008.

We will help where we can. Contact me or send a e-mail.

Johan

Hi all!

I've been quiet the last few months (reading not posting), started studying and just busy with getting on with life in our new country. We have been here 8 months and couldn't be happier. We have joined a fantastic church who are wanting to assist me, where possible to help new arrivals, or anyone struggling in the current economic situation.

I am in Perth, living in Shoalwater (Rockingham) and have some items I can lend to new arrivals.

Some of the items I have available are:

Cutlery

Crockery

Glassware

kettle

toaster

Various linen items

With assistance of my church, we can help with basic food parcels (containing tinned food, pasta, rice, etc), furniture vouchers (from the Salvo stores).

We are keen to help where ever possible, please feel free to PM me & let me know what I can do to help.

Aramat

Hi Aramat

What a lovely post! Thank the Lord so far we as a family are okay, but your help offered and that of the church is wonderful. Big lump in my throat! You will be truly blessed!

Regards EricaC. :)

• Like 1

Hi,

We've been here about 16 months now and i have a 23 month old son. My husbands 2 daughters are joining us in January age 15 and 13. We stay in Morley (not sure if it is south of north) but yes love the area close to shops and schools.

Not everyone likes the area but it is safe. If I can be of any help please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Anje

Hi Anje,

We are in Morley as well, just off Beechboro Road. My son of 15 attends Hampton Senior High and my daughter age 10 is in Hampton Primary. We also love the area! Both schools are excellent!.

Regards

EricaC :)

• 1 month later...

Oops let me try again!

Hi

My husband and I and our 2 girls (age 3 and 4) are arriving in Perth in September. My husband is a mechanical engineer and would like to connect up with anyone who is an engineer or knows engineers to get a feel for things.

I look forward to the coffee mornings!

Also how does one find a school for the final term for my 4 year old (who is used to preschool 5 days a week!) Do I just go to schools when we get there? Are there government programmes for 3 year olds?

Tks

Guest Lara

My hubby's an engineer and we know a few more :-)

Four year old will be in Kindy. They go to Kindy twice a week from 8:50am to 2:50pm. Some school have 2 mornings and one full day.

You just have to contact the school near where you will be living and see if they have a place.

There is a 3 year old programm called Play Fun Threes - you pay for it - I think it is about $20 for a 3 hour session?

Feel free to PM me for any further info you require. My kids were similar ages when we moved here.

Oops let me try again!

Hi

My husband and I and our 2 girls (age 3 and 4) are arriving in Perth in September. My husband is a mechanical engineer and would like to connect up with anyone who is an engineer or knows engineers to get a feel for things.

I look forward to the coffee mornings!

Also how does one find a school for the final term for my 4 year old (who is used to preschool 5 days a week!) Do I just go to schools when we get there? Are there government programmes for 3 year olds?

Tks