SAAustralia members living in Perth

Cindylou

Hi

My name is Natasha and my husband is Steven. I am originally from New Zealand and my husband is South African. We are both 30 and will be moving to Perth at the beginning of July.

We currently live in the UK in shared accomodation (with mainly South African/Afrikaans people)and have been trying to look for something similar in Perth. It is quite difficult when you do not know anyone there. I was wondering if you all would be able to offer some advice about where to look for shared accomodation -- or is there a forum on this site where people post things?

Thanks in Advance,

Natasha

• 3 weeks later...

Hello

My name is Noele and I live in Padbury (NoR). We have been here 4 years and have loved every moment. My hubby Gary is in the engineering world and I have two children Tristan 13 and Ashley 10. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than helping people settle into their new country. So if you need any help will be happy to help where I can.

Noele

Hello

My name is Noele and I live in Padbury (NoR). We have been here 4 years and have loved every moment. My hubby Gary is in the engineering world and I have two children Tristan 13 and Ashley 10. Nothing gives me greater pleasure than helping people settle into their new country. So if you need any help will be happy to help where I can.

Noele

Hi - I would be interested in any contacts in engineering - Even if it is just info on what is going on at the moment.

There seems to be lots of jobs advertised on SEEK.com - are they real? Do new migrant engineers get work easily..... I have lots of questions...!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, we have been in Perth for 4 1/2 years and are living in Duncraig (NOR). We have 2 boys 18 and 15 and brought my folks with us. I don't work and would be more than happy to give any help where I can

Cheers

• 2 months later...
Hi, we are a family of 3.

We arrived 29th June, I'm a stay home mom (for now), my hubby works & my daughter(8yrs) is at Settlers Primary. Also one maltese/Shitzu puppy 3,5 mnths old beautiful little girl.

We currently stay in Shoalwater, soon to move to Baldivis SOR.

Give me a shout & I'll see where I can help.

Hi Aramat,

We just recently moved to Waikiki, Rockingham 5 months ago, really need to meet new friends, hubby works, 2 children in school at Waikiki, one in Kindy and one in Year 1.

Johan and Hettie Venter, arrived 17 March 2006. Stayed in Kalgoorlie for 2 years, moved to Rockingham, Perth in May 2008.

We will help where we can. Contact me or send a e-mail.

Johan

Hi Johan,

We just moved to Rockingham 5 months ago, still newby's, would really like to make friends here, to help with the settling in, friends make life worth living. Have been battling a bit the last 2 weeks or so, probably because I'm not working and sit at home alone all day, if only I could find a job fairly close to home.

Hi, we recently moved to Waikiki (Rockingham) 5 months ago, still a newby, would really like to meet new friends to help with the settling in thing, or if I can help or offer any advice, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Kim

• 2 months later...
I remember how daunting everything was when I landed, you know nothing, and we had no one to help us, so I would be more than glad to help others out.

Hi there,

I know you posted this several months ago but I wonder if you'd still like to help out someone who knows "nothing"!!

We are currently converting our General Skilled visa to a state sponsored visa to WA. I've had some positive response from prospective employers and I'm trying to be hopeful but not count my chickens.

What I'd like to know is how do you go about finding somewhere to rent for a short time that is already furnished, just until your container arrives?

I do have more questions, but I'll just start with that!

Thank you,

Red45

Hi Red45

There are several place , basically give us an idea North of ther River or South of the River, any particular area.

There are several websites and there are some people that rent out privatly and not really advertised.

Give us an idea of when youa re looking at coming over how many person etc and we could perhaps narrow it down for you.

regards

Enrica

• 3 months later...

Hi guys

I noted the topic on the forum and help like this is exactly what I need. My fiance landed in Perth on 12.03.10. He is there trying to secure a job before me and the kids join him in May.

He was preparing himself for what he was in for, but I think it is a bit tougher than what he thought it would be. He is staying with an ex-South African at the moment, but will have to look for a room soon. Battling with public transport, trying to find his way around, etc. (you should all know since you've been there!)

Any help from your side would be appreciated. Even just inviting him for coffee and a chat. He is a very social guy and will enjoy meeting people that has been through the same experience.

If anyone is willing to make him feel more at home in Perth, please PM me for his e-mail adres.

I would really appreciate any effort.

Thanks

Karen

• Like 1

Hi Karen,

We've been here since Jan and things are quite slow with regards to getting a job. Hubby's still looking, but luckily have a few interviews lined up. I sent you a PM with my email if your fiancée would like to chat.

Know it's difficult, but hang in there. I'm sure things will work out for all of us.

Hi guys

Thanks for all the PM's!!! I am hoping this will make Ronald feel more positive and at home seeing how many people are willing to help.

Another question, when you first arrived in Perth - how did you get from A to B. Did you rent a car? Made use of public transport?

We are in Butler up North, but if he ever does come this way, please pm me and he can pop in for a drink and a meet up.

Cheers

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a 2-3 bedroom place for long term rent. Can be anywhere up to 40km outsie of Perth.

I have a small dog so need some grass etc. I'm 27 an my wife 25.

I'm have work but it's harder finding a house to rent that getting a job...

Up to $320 p.w

Thanks Jacques

• 6 months later...

Hi

Been in Perth now 2 years, glad to help with anything. Got an almost 4 year old son, living in Wanneroo.

Wantbetter

• 1 year later...

Hallo everyone! We're planning on moving to Perth January 2014. Our WA sponsorship just got approved and we're lodging our visa application soon. We're very excited to move to Australia and start our new life there. It's me, my husband and our baby girl. We hope to be able to meet some forum members when we are in Perth.

Have a merry Christmas!

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Everyone.

My name is Dencker. We've been here for 7 weeks. We're living in Duncraig, NOR. I have two girls, aged 3 and 6. Currently we aren't employed. I have received about 20 no thank you responses....I am a teacher so I can start doing supply work now that we have a home and school is sorted for my older daughter. My husband has had 3 interviews but I don't think we're 'networking' correctly as we know few people here. If anyone knows about any work in the IT industry.....my husband worked as a business development manager in SA and has business analyst and systems analyst experience. He is very happy to start at the bottom and work his way up....plugging in boxes is absolutely fine, or something in a different industry too.

I appreciate you reading this.

Thanks

Dencker

• Like 1

Hi Dencker! Let's get this thread going again!

Sorry to hear about the work situation, was hoping this would have been sorted out by now for you guys. Keep an eye on seek.com.au and ais.wa.edu.au (private schools) and au.indeed.com for teaching positions. They seem to post new jobs daily.

Can't wait to meet up in January when we arrive!

Hi Nishi! Oh wow! That is great news! We will be 3 couples then from the forum on the same flight! How cool is that! I can't remember who the other person is (oops!), will have to have a look in my inbox.

Ahhh no I mucked up my dates I leave perth on the 1st Jan to jhb to pick up the kids and then fly back on the 2nd Jan to perth landing on the 3rd Jan.

So I miss everyone just my luck ...