Macaw parrot (9 months old)

Good Witch

Thank you to everyone who showed an interest in our pet parrot Bartie.

It is with great sadness that we said goodbye to our beloved Bartie this morning... We considered so many options, eventually settling on returning him to the same pet-shop where we bought him from in March. The pet-shop owner assured us that the demand for blue and gold macaws outweighs the supply, and that our Bartie will be snapped up in no time at all. By the time we left him happily munching some apple in the pet-shop this morning while chatting to the other birds, someone had already shown a huge interest in him...

*gulp*

We were advised that 'selling' him would go a long way towards ensuring that he gets good and responsible human parents, as macaws are not cheap, and anyone who is willing to fork out that amount of money for a pet bird is sure to treat them him well and appreciate him...

This is probably the hardest good bye in a string of good bye's that we are facing… Yesterday my Gunther resigned from work - after many years of service, he begins his new job - in Aus - on February 1st. I finish off at my work on the 18th or 19th December. I had already appointed and trained my replacement months ago!

Today was hard, we said good bye to our beloved Bartie... We hope and pray that his new parent/s will love his as much as what we did.

From a very sad Bartie's (former) mom... Andi

:ilikeit: