I don't want to leave Oz!!!

Lindy-Lee

Hi Lindy-Lee

Sorry to hear about this mate, but I am sure with some effort you will be able to sort it out!!! We will think of you guys in this trying time and please let us know if we can help in any way. I am sure all will be fine in the end!!!!!

:ilikeit:

Dear Lindy Lee.

So sorry to hear about this. Have no answers but wish you all the good thoughts in the world.

Hi again LL, another 2 options:

Contact Andre Burger. He is a registered immigration Agent in Sydney - Ex South African Police, and knows the Police system etc. He will be able to advise you on how to obtain your case file or how to answer to DIMIA etc. His Email: aba@ozimmigration.com or Tel: (02) 8345 5600 or Fax: (02) 8345 5617

This is a long shot, but Bunnyhop deals with the Criminal Records Centre in Pretoria all the time and must have built up a good working relationship over time. They might be able to tell you how to get the info & doc's you need, who to talk to etc. They charge a fee for Police Clearance Certificates, but I'm sure their advise would be free.... www.bunnyhop.co.za (Surely the Police should be able to provide the details of your husband's "criminal record" and that it was due to a car accident - it's not as if he shot someone!)

Things to also consider when you respond to DIMIA is: were your husband actually arrested, charged and sentenced? If not - how was he supposed to have been aware of his "criminal record"? I can't think that they would hold it against him if he was not even aware of the situation!....

(To ppl who come over with TR visas with the intention to get their PR : even though you don't need Police clearance for TR - get it, so you will know what your "status" would be when you DO apply for PR. You never know - it could be something as petty as outstanding traffic fines......)

LL, hang in there! I don't know what more I could add to help! Hubby's contacts in the Police are long gone and replaced. :ilikeit: Hubby says speak to Andre...

Hi LL,

I'm sorry for two things - first of all that i didn't offer support earlier (simply because I've been so usy at work that I'm too exhausted to log on when I get home at night!) and also because of your really unfortunate circumstances. You've been given a lot of advice and guidance here though (that part doesn't suprise me - we have a really special bunch of cyber friends here) and I hope that it all works out.

Your predicament has spurred me to applying for police clearance certificates for Hubby and I now - even though we aren't eligible till November next year, and I think that everyone else that is coming over here and plans to applying for PR later should probably do the same.

Best of luck - you're in my thoughts

Love

Ajay

Thinking of you my friend. We wont let you guys leave. George Lombard has an excellent reputation, we would not be here if it wasn't for him. He asks you to get almost impossible info to cover all bases but it seems to do the trick as he has helped so many people get their visas.

Keep smiling and dont give up, there are alot of people praying for you.

Ajay,

Note that the police clearence certificates are only valid for one year. So just wait another month or 3 before you apply or you might have to do it twice.

Lindy-Lee,

Thinking of you mate. Dont give up, I am sure there is a way out of this. Ons boertjies / Saffers is most taai man. Hang in there, you are in our thoughts and prayers. I am sure DIMA can understand reason. Go see them if you can in person, I saw them here in Adelaide for a different reason but they are very helpfull in general. I am sure it will work out, byt vas. Julle gaat NERENS nie !

Lindy Lee,

Ons bid vir julle. George Lombard het 'n uitstekende reputasie. Good luck! :D

Waar daar 'n wil is is daar 'n weg! :huh:

I wish I knew how to thank each and everyone of you.....I am so overwhelmed by all this support...for someone you don't even know :huh:

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers...I think the angels are working overtime in my street. :D Peak traffic if you ask me. :P If I start feelin down I come and read all the responses and I feel so much better :holy::holy:

I told Riekie earlier that never in my life have I been so proud to be a part of a cyber family...

May you all be blessed with lifetime of love and happiness. :holy:

Lindy-Lee

:D

Lindy-Lee dankie dat jy al het jy probleme van jou eie my help met my nietige klein December shutdown. Dis mens soos jy wat in die moeilike tye so groot hart het om ander te help. Hoop regtig dinge werk uit vir julle se as ons iemand hier vir jou kan kontak!

Goeie genugtig girl.

Hoe gaan dit nou nog met jou. Brenda het my Donderdag aand gebel en vertel. Ek het skoon hoedervleis gekry. Jissie, ek glo net julle sal reg kom. Ek het ook met my ma gepraat. Sy se sy dink aan julle en hou al haar duime en tone vas dat dinge sal reg kom.

Julle moet maar net glo en vertrou dat dinge vir julle sal uit werk. Ons dae in die land raak ook nou min. Ons was die naweek weer in jou korters gewees, Hermanus, was die weer en alles sommer lekker gewees. As ons nie moes kom sertifikate en goed kom mail het nie sou ons seker nou nog daar gewees het.

Ons dink regtig aan julle en se maar net as ons iets van die kant af moet doen.

Liefde

Charmaine

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Lindy-Lee,

So what was the outcome of your situation? Did you manage to sort everything out?

Please let us know!

Good luck!

Pippa

Hi Pippa

No news yet. We managed to get everything we needed and sent off all our docs on the 27'th of Sept. So now we wait (again)!!

Will let you all know as soon as we hear anything, I promise.

Thanx for still thinking of us :holy:

Lindy-Lee

;)

Has he applied for his record to be expunged, after 10 years he can apply for a presidential pardon.

Maybe you can tell immagration it is in the pipeline and that you did not know you had to apply for you record to be cleared.

If you think this will help I will find out the address you have to write to

Let me know

Has he applied for his record to be expunged, after 10 years he can apply for a presidential pardon.

Maybe you can tell immagration it is in the pipeline and that you did not know you had to apply for you record to be cleared.

Let me know

Beachbum hi and thank you so much for offer and advice BUT we were advised by our agent, at that time, not to even think of doing something like that...even though, as we explained, it would be done legally. And even if you do get it pardoned, you still have to declare it. But it is too late for any of that now.... now we wait and see what happens when we hear from immigration.

I still believe in my heart that we will stay. The waiting just drives one crazy. :rolleyes:

Lindy-Lee

:rolleyes:

Beachbum hi and thank you so much for offer and advice BUT we were advised by our agent, at that time, not to even think of doing something like that...even though, as we explained, it would be done legally. And even if you do get it pardoned, you still have to declare it. But it is too late for any of that now.... now we wait and see what happens when we hear from immigration.

I still believe in my heart that we will stay. The waiting just drives one crazy. :rolleyes:

Lindy-Lee

Good luck, Holding thumbs

Guest Sunshine Sister

Let me know

Hi there Beachbum,

Oh wow, I was so impressed with you and this idea. I have never even heard of this option and was very glad for your insight. Would you please be so kind to find the information out and post it ? I suspect there may be others in a similar situation as L-L's at the moment or in future and your information may just make a HUGE different to their lives. Thanks a lot for your help.

Hi L-L,

We are all waiting and hoping with you ! Please keep us posted on any news.

Love

Sunshine Sister

Moenie moet opgee nie, al is die antwoord negetief as dit terugkom, moet julle baklei, die voorval het 12 jaar terug plaasgevind so ek glo dit sal in berekening gevat word, dis ook n ding wat ek gesien het hulle doen op die tv program, kan nou nie op die naam kom van die program nie, maar hulle vat die tyd van die voorval inberekening as mense die land inkom op enige visas. Voorspoed en laat ons weet wat gebeur.

Hi LL! Ek was nou 2 weke "weg" en het net gou kom inloer of julle al iets gehoor het....... Ai, dit moet senutergend wees om so te wag en wonder...!! Ons kan maar net almal glo en hoop dat julle dinge vir julle sal uitwerk! Ek hou nie op om aan julle te dink nie!!!