I don't want to leave Oz!!!

Lindy-Lee

I need all the help I can get now PLSSSS I'm begging here :ilikeit:

Is there anybody out there that has their PR application refused or nearly refused due to subsection 501 (character test)?...ok that means you have not got a clean police clearance.

My husband was involved in a car accident 12 years ago, the other driver died in the accident and as a result hubby got a suspended sentence on his record..but of all the terms they could use they used..culpable homicide :ilikeit: . We were unaware of this until we received police clearance from SA.

Not knowing this resulted in him giving "false and misleading information" on visa app..he said he did not have a record which we later found out he did!

Long story short...we received letter from immigration stating...I quote " NOTICE OF INTENTION TO CONSIDER REFUSAL OF YOUR VISA..."

We now found out that if they refuse our PR they could cancel our 457 as well and we would have to leave Australia.

Now this is where I really need help....WE DO NOT WANT TO LEAVE!!! :ilikeit:

Please if there is anybody out there who can give us some idea of how to get out of this mess....

Righ now it feels like we are the only people to go through this and I just hate that feeling.

Lindy-Lee

:ilikeit:

Edited by Lindy-Lee

So sorry to hear about that Lindy Lee :ilikeit:

I can't really offer you any advice I'm afraid. I have no idea if it would be possible to get a police report of what happened from the SAPS, perhaps then you could submit that to them and make a sworn statement that it was not your intention to in any way mislead anyone on your application. I know that if your visa is refused for any reason they do allow you to appeal against their decision but I don't know if they would make you leave the country before you can submit the appeal.

I really feel for you and I hope that you can find a solution. :ilikeit:

Hi Lindy-Lee

I suggest you consult with an immigration lawyer ASAP. You don't want to take any chances on this one!

Thanx you all.

We have contacted a guy in Sydney (difficult with time difference :ilikeit:)

I am now desperately trying to contact the lawyer hubby had at that stage..Chris Watney. He was in Bellville Cape Town at that stage and have no idea where is now. And also do any of you know how I can get hold of the court records.

I can't find a Chris Watney in Yellow or white pages neither a court in Caledon where the court case was.

I feel like I'm running into a brick wall everywhere :unsure: I have the date and case number but thats it!

George Lombard in Sydney wants these docs and then see what he can do.

Lindy-Lee

Michelle

thanx so much I just found it as well. :ilikeit: ....but thanx anyway. Going to call them today.

Now just to find the lawyer.

Thanx

Lindy-Lee

Hi Lindy Lee,

I found this - hope it's the right guy:

Attorney: C Watney

Firm: Watneys Prokureurs

Address: Blok 2B Eenheid, 7 Oude Westhof

Village Square, Van Riebeeckshof Straat

Oude Westhof

Telephone: (021) 913 1783

Fax: (021) 913 0149

Edited by Jules

Oh no LindlyLee, this is terrible. I’ve just spoken to my husband and he says that you should contact the Cape Law Society to get hold of Chris Watney.

Alternatively you can contact the Law Society of South Africa.

I also suggest that you phone Etienne Hugo urgently.

Email: ehugo@internode.on.net (I think this is his email address at home)

Email: ehugo@ppilaw.com.au

Work tel: +612 9286 8700 / 1300 850 695 (within Australia)

Please let me know if I can do something on this side of the ocean. I am in Pretoria, but I am more that willing to assist wherever I can.

You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please don’t give up hope!

Lots of Lovies,

Pippa

Hi Lindy

If you want to talk to someone in Perth try Andrew Emmot - he's doing our app and was personally recommended to us. He's a great guy and I strongly suggest you phone him for a chat.

His details: phone 0893871033

email andrew@aavisas.com.au

Suite 4

82 Reserve Street (Cnr Flynn Street)

Wembly

WA

Good luck and holding all fingers, thumbs and toes that everything gets sorted

C'Lou

Geez, LL, kon nie glo wat toe ek lees van julle pridicament nie.

Ek bid regtig vir julle dat julle die gemors vinnig uitsort en moenie moed verloor nie!

:ilikeit::hug:

Kan nie help nie LL..ek hou maar duimvas dat alles goed afloop. Voorspoed

Gee you must be stressed. Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you'll be able to sort it out.

I must say how great everyone has been about getting useful information for you. Well done guys good team work!! Lets hope Lindy-Lee can stay.

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hey Lindy-Lee,

Aggenee man, jou arme ding !! :unsure: Dis BAIE sleg. Ek hoop een van die legal beagles kan jou help, intussen dink ek elke oomblik aan jou en hoop ek jy het sommer gou vir ons goeie nuus.

Ek dink aan jou en jou familie en ek is seker daar gaan 'n oplossing kom. Sterkte en laat weet asb as ek met iets kan help hier uit Sydney.

Liefde, groete, drukke, soene, beste wense en gebede, jou chom

SS

:ilikeit:

Hi LL - ek praat vanaand met manlief - PM jou môre weer! Vasbyt Forum Maatjie! Ons dink almal aan jou!!!

Hi LL - Can't you request an interview with emmigration to state your case?

At least you will become a real person to your assessor and not just a case number!

This is bad luck and it can happen to anyone, we are thinking of you!!!

Bronwyn

Lindie

Baie baie sterkte vir jou en die gesin. Mag julle net positiewe terug voer kry, sodat julle kan aanbly.

Dink aan julle.

L'mari

I don't know how to say thank you to all of you for all the support....you had me tears (literally). Thank you sooo much.

Jules I don't know where you got Chris Watney's details...I search the net today but nothing. Hubby found a number that did not exsist anymore.... :ilikeit: but never fear when Jules is near. :unsure: Phoned the number and got hold of him. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

ALL our friends have said they are prepared to give us character witness's.

Now it's just getting the paper work in and hoping and praying.

Once again thanx all of you

Who ever said cyber friends can't be real.

lotsa luv

Lindy-Lee

:lol:

Hi Lindy-Lee,

I am praying that things will work out for you. The last thing any of us wants, is to have to go back to SA, once we experienced this freedom.

My brother-in-law also had a problem with an old case regarding a bar fight, and he had somehow forgotten he had a record for that. I know they had to get statements and character references, and some other things. They had help from a lawyer, and it was all sorted out eventually. They did get their PR. It all happened 5 years ago, so I don't have the exact details, but I just wanted to let you know that it can be done. I know it is not the same circumstances, but I hope it works out for you too.

You can't go back! We haven't met yet!!!! :blush:

Lots of love and good wishes, :ilikeit:

Greetings,

Dreamy

Edited by Dreamcatcher