Just accepted job offer.... for all over 45's there is hope yet....

Daddy

Hi everyone...

I have been skulking in the shadows for some time now, wondering if I will ever sing the same tune as most of you have/are. My husband and I are in the over 45 league and it is scary. He has applied for a so many jobs that he was getting confused about what he had applied for..... It has been extremely quiet with one or two people showing a smidgen of interest.... This one company said they would send it to their migration agent and then call for an interview.... only thing is we haven't heard from them since until yesterday when they sent us an offer... What a shock!!!! :ilikeit: A good shock tho!!!

I have been reading up on everything that everyone here has said and felt I was a fundi at this whole migrating thing.... except now it has happened I feel like a fish out of water. My poor husband has never had to resign. He has worked for the same company for 29 years.

We are so excited. Hopefully our visas go through without a hitch and we will soon be calling Perth home.

Thanks for a great forum with lots of information and warm-hearted people. Oh and thanks to those who have posted some really hilarious thoughts.... We needed those.

Hi there

Best of luck, we are also in the over 45 year age group... waiting patiently for PR... heading to Melbourne... your news gives us a ray of hope...

Thanks

Congratulations on the job offer! I am very happy for you. Just shows once again that one should never give up. Good luck with the application and all the other arrangements.

Dear Daddy

Congratulations on the visa, I hope to be able to welcome you to Perth personally.

When are you aiming to arrive in Perth

Regards

Enrica

Dear Daddy

Congratulations on the visa, I hope to be able to welcome you to Perth personally.

When are you aiming to arrive in Perth

Regards

Enrica

Hi

Thanks, the company are hoping to get us there by the end of October. Not sure if that is possible. Would be great to meet up once we get there.

Keep well

Vanessa

Congrats!!! ;):blush:

That's wonderful news!!

Thanks, I can't tell you how excited we are. Where are you going to?

Hi there

Best of luck, we are also in the over 45 year age group... waiting patiently for PR... heading to Melbourne... your news gives us a ray of hope...

Thanks

Thanks, I still can't believe it. Hope you get PR soon.

Cheers

Vanessa

Congrats!! ;) So happy for you. Just goes to show, there's always hope.

If I may ask, what does your hubby do?

Regards,

Congratulations on the job offer! I am very happy for you. Just shows once again that one should never give up. Good luck with the application and all the other arrangements.

Thanks, as they say... never say never... now we just have to wait and see how the whole visa process goes. Luckily they seem to have a good migration agent for us.

Congrats!! ;) So happy for you. Just goes to show, there's always hope.

If I may ask, what does your hubby do?

Regards,

Thanks. He is an engineering technician, but he is a fitter by trade.

Cheers

Vanessa

Wonderful wonderful news!

Congrats - Hope all is smooth sailing from here.

Just show you - never never give up. :)

Cheers

Narms

Congrats !!! Hope its clear sailing from now on !!! (I have worked 23 year for one company and know how he feels )

Edited by Chris&Natasha

Congratulations Vanessa. I know Janjaxx' hubby is over 45 and they have a job offer there, so still hope for the 'ballies'.

Congratulations!!! Our 457 visa was just granted and my husband is almost 43.

The 'problem' age seems to be over 45.

Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. This has been quite an experience. Eva is right it is a huge hurdle to be over 45, but as we have found.... not impossible.

Hi, Congrates on your progress. I don't want to sound rude, but what is your husbands age because I would like to find out If I can try and get my Daddy :o over.

From Mello

Hi, Congrates on your progress. I don't want to sound rude, but what is your husbands age because I would like to find out If I can try and get my Daddy :ilikeit: over.

From Mello

:whome: lol... He is 46 turning 47 Next month. How old is your father?

Congrats!!!! Good to see that there is hope for those of us in the prime of our lives... :-) We have soooooooo much experience..

Thanks. He is an engineering technician, but he is a fitter by trade.

Cheers

Vanessa

Vanessa,

Congrats. We are all happy for you. :ilikeit: Are you going 457Visa? & this being the case what needs to be done before you go in the line of medicals, IELTS etc.? We are in the same league of over 45's+ and you have given us so much hope again. Did you apply for job from the sites that are so recommended and was it directly from the company or through an recruitment agency.

Sorry for all the questions, but it helps to know.

Honestly keeping you in our thoughts for that visa.

May you have a soft landing :lol:

Benita