Just accepted job offer.... for all over 45's there is hope yet....

Daddy

Vanessa,

Congrats. We are all happy for you. :ilikeit: Are you going 457Visa? & this being the case what needs to be done before you go in the line of medicals, IELTS etc.? We are in the same league of over 45's+ and you have given us so much hope again. Did you apply for job from the sites that are so recommended and was it directly from the company or through an recruitment agency.

Sorry for all the questions, but it helps to know.

Honestly keeping you in our thoughts for that visa.

May you have a soft landing :lol:

Benita

No problem at all. I must have sent out about a hundred cv's (slight exaggeration, but it sure felt like it.) I searched for his career on google.com.au and all the websites recommended on here. A few agencies advertise on these websites as well. My husband works on the railways so I search for rail jobs. It helps to narrow down the industry that you are involved in. Search for companies in the field (it helps if they are international companies in my mind as there is too much involved with the 457 visa for the smaller companies.)and check to see if they have a career section. We were given a format for our resume's from the one agent. She said ours would not do over there. Will e-mail it to you if you want. We had 2 positives replies (I applied at the one companies twice as I saw they had re-advertised the job and felt they must be battling to find someone suitable - had a positive reply second time around.) The company has organised us an agent and that has taken a lot of stress off of us. I am sure we will have to do medicals, but at this stage the agent has just asked us for our unabridged birth certs and we need our passport numbers. Seems she only wants a military clearance if it is not just the 2 years compulsory service. We have applied for my husbands anyway. We have applied for our police clearances even though she has not asked for it... Rather safe than sorry. Every step of the way you must find out if there are short cuts ... they may cost a little extra, but speeds up the process. Found out too late you can pay extra for your unabridged birth certs etc to be processed in 4 weeks. Ours has already taken 6weeks. The police clearances can be couriered by Postnet for R250.00 and they say it only takes 4 weeks. (We hope they are true to their word.)

No problem at all. I must have sent out about a hundred cv's (slight exaggeration, but it sure felt like it.) I searched for his career on google.com.au and all the websites recommended on here. A few agencies advertise on these websites as well. My husband works on the railways so I search for rail jobs. It helps to narrow down the industry that you are involved in. Search for companies in the field (it helps if they are international companies in my mind as there is too much involved with the 457 visa for the smaller companies.)and check to see if they have a career section. We were given a format for our resume's from the one agent. She said ours would not do over there. Will e-mail it to you if you want. We had 2 positives replies (I applied at the one companies twice as I saw they had re-advertised the job and felt they must be battling to find someone suitable - had a positive reply second time around.) The company has organised us an agent and that has taken a lot of stress off of us. I am sure we will have to do medicals, but at this stage the agent has just asked us for our unabridged birth certs and we need our passport numbers. Seems she only wants a military clearance if it is not just the 2 years compulsory service. We have applied for my husbands anyway. We have applied for our police clearances even though she has not asked for it... Rather safe than sorry. Every step of the way you must find out if there are short cuts ... they may cost a little extra, but speeds up the process. Found out too late you can pay extra for your unabridged birth certs etc to be processed in 4 weeks. Ours has already taken 6weeks. The police clearances can be couriered by Postnet for R250.00 and they say it only takes 4 weeks. (We hope they are true to their word.)

Vanessa,

Thanx for the prompt reply, :lol: would really love to take you up on the cv format, that would be GREAT - email dupben@gmail.com - will be waiting - in the meantime I'll be checking out that site as well, it feels like I sleep, eat & drink websites at the moment, surfing like crazy.

Have a great day :ilikeit:

Benita

Vanessa,

Thanx for the prompt reply, :lol: would really love to take you up on the cv format, that would be GREAT - email dupben@gmail.com - will be waiting - in the meantime I'll be checking out that site as well, it feels like I sleep, eat & drink websites at the moment, surfing like crazy.

Benita

Vanessa,

Benita