DBN1972: New to this site

DBN1972

Hi folks,

I came accross this site and thought it's a great place to get advice, info, etc on going to Aus.

I'm currently in Durban and submitted my Skills assessment to Aus yesterday afternoon. I suspect it'll take approx 2 months.

Assuming it's successfull I'll then start the migration processs.

I'm an accountant (not CA though) and want to get out of SA ASAP!

Can anyone out there give me an idea of the time frame involved.

Thanks

Willem

Durban

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hey there DBN1972,

Welcome to our forum ! Congratulations on your excellent decision of making your way to Australia ! I hope you will be very happy here, both on our forum and in Oz and that you will get loads of advice and support. Do you have a specific place in mind here in Oz, or are you going to go where you can find work ?

See you on the forum !

Love

SS

:rolleyes:

Hiya,

Thanks!

Thinking of Melbourne, born and bred in Durban and now want to live in a place where I can see the change of seasons.

Off course all is subject to (i) whether my visa gets approved and (ii) whether there may be any limitations to where I may work in the first two years.

Right now just sitting back and waiting for the results of my skills assessment. Sent it by speed courier to avoid unecessary delays.

Groete uit Durban!

Willem

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hey again,

Well with a fab attitude like that you are going to do very well in Australia, and I suspect you are going to make an excellent immigrant. I hope your paperwork/ assessments and general info-safari will go fast and painlessly. We were really lucky and our entire process took 2 months, but we are here on a different visa and with different circumstances. Melbourne is great, but I'm not gonna sell it, I'll leave that to the experts... Speaking of selling... :ilikeit: You know Sydney is also a really nice place !! Loads of great beaches, surfing, international airport, rugby clubs, almost like home, only.. BETTER !! Change of seasons, hmmmm, we can organize that for you. In fact, we had 3 seasons this afternoon, just waiting for some snow and we'll be all set. :whome: So if the verdict changes to Syds you know where to find me for info, in the meantime good luck with the wait. Hang around and chat so long, might help you pass the time !! :rolleyes:

Love from DU (Down Unda)

SS

:blush:

Edited by Sunshine Sister

Hi Willem

Don't let Sunshine Sister sway you with her SYDNEY blues, MELBOURNE rules! :rolleyes::ilikeit::whome:

Welcome and I hope the immigration process goes smoothly for you. If there are any questions, just ask, hopefully we can scratch out some answers for you.

Mara

Hi daar Willem,

Laat ek dan nou maar ook my stuiwer in die armbeurs gooi: Moenie die res van Australië vergeet nie!

Welkom by die forum, hoop jy kom gou reg met jou aansoek.

Groetnis,

Dreamy

Hi Willem

Welkom by ons forum!! Ek is ook 'n accountant, nie CA nie, infact SAIPA lid. Deur wie het jy jou assessment gestuur, CPA, CA of NIA?

Houe duime vas vir jou! Sterkte

Hi Willem

Welcome I hope all goes well for you ... if you like damp cold days then I guess that Melbournes for you

Dont take life too seriously, noone gets out alive anyway

oh and PS MARA from one EX MELBOURNIAN to another, just remember that the centre of the universe is NOT melbourne:)

Haai Deidre,

Ek is ook 'n SAIPA-lid. Ek het my assessment aan die CPA gestuur.

Al wat my bekommer is dat SAIPA nog nie ons nuwe lede-sertifikate uitgereik het nie. Ek het in plaas daarvan 'n brief van hulle af wat al my lidmaatskap besonderhere bevestig saam met die assessment gestuur.

Ek hoop nie CPA kom terug en dring aan op 'n lidmaastkapseetifikaat nie. SAIPA kan ook maar sy voete sleep...en soveel naamsveranderinge in soveel jare laat die Instituut baie onprofessioneel lyk.

Hoe het jy die gemaak?

Dankie

Willem

Hi

Ja, ek is aan die baklei met hulle omdat ek al twee jaar terug my eksamen met hulle gedoen het en het nou nog nie my lidmaatskap nie.

My man is mechanic so ons gaan sy roete, ek het 'n 3 jaar diploma en sal nie die accounting assessment slaag nie. Weet jy dat NIA & SAIPA 'n link met mekaar het? Jy kry status van member met NIA as jy member van SAIPA is. Ding is nou wag ek vir SAIPA en my sertifikaat voor ek enige iets kan doen of kan aansoek doen vir oorbruggins kursus. Het lekker email vir daai lot gestuur in SA oor my hele affêre. Glad nie happy nie.

Goodluck met jou assessment met CPA, hoop jy kry dit, weet CPA en CA is maar vol stront jong en kwalifikasies van SA (buiten CA, SA) word neer gekyk op of glad nie erken nie.

Hi Charz

(oh and PS MARA from one EX MELBOURNIAN to another, just remember that the centre of the universe is NOT melbourne:)

I never said it was! :rolleyes:

Mara

No Mara you didnt

But you couldnt have put in any any bigger fontthat Melbourne rules. I just would like to think that any one coming to Australia should be able to choose where they want to Live and they should not have to be influenced by giant signs saying Melbourne rules.

Dont take life seriously, no one gets out alive anyway

Hi Charz,

The way I see it Mara was having a bit of fun and even in the highly unlikey event that someone did take it seriously and end up moving to Melbourne solely because of this thread I can't see that that would be such a bad thing. I'm sure Mara would back up her post with a welcoming braai for them and an introduction to a few of the local Saffers. :rolleyes::P

Charz,

I agree, I think Mara was just having some fun. Don't take life so seriously, no-one gets out alive anyway. I hope we all think the place we stay is the best, that means that we are very happy. Keep up the positive attitude Mara.

By the way, THE GOLD COAST RULES!!!! :rolleyes:

By the way, THE GOLD COAST RULES!!!! :P

Oh Colton I am sorry to break the news to you...... :(:D:whome:

but PERTH rules!!!!! :holy:;)

:D:P:holy:

I did not want to influence anybody so I kept my letters small.....naughty naughty but I could not resist. :rolleyes:

MELBOURNE rules! :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

Mara

:angry: Mara

as for you!!! How could you be sooo naughty :o . I will be sending over a shirtless gardener right now to give you a spanking. :whome: ......oooeee are we still allowed to spank in Aus???? :P

Lindy-Lee :jester::holy:

Edited by Lindy-Lee

Hi guys,

I've tentatively decided on Melbourne based on my own research, not on anyone else's representations (or misrepresentations!) ;)

I'n sure the whole of Oz is great, no matter where you end up!

Cheers

Willem

Durban

:angry: Mara

as for you!!! How could you be sooo naughty :o . I will be sending over a shirtless gardener right now to give you a spanking. :whome: ......oooeee are we still allowed to spank in Aus???? :P

ROTFL Lindy-Lee!!! ;):lol:

Well I hope you have enough gardeners to go round because I would really like one sent to BRISBANE. :P;)

Jules

I am so sorry to tell you this...but you still tooo nice to get sent a gardener ;)

Gardeners like mean girls...

oh stop sulking ...one is on his merry way to you. :whome:

enjoy your gardeners...i mean weekend, girls :angry:

Lindy-Lee

:lol:

Guest Sunshine Sister

LOL !!! Hehehehehehehe. :lol:;):P:P

Talk about getting your thongs in a knot ! Hehehehe, oh no, this is too funny. As I said before Mellies isn't half bad, it ain't Sydney, but it ain't half bad. (I am refraining from using colours and fonts this time as it might mislead impressionable viewers :o ) We all know Mara - just the fact that she lives in Mellies already says something about how nice it must be.

As far as the Center of the Universe goes, everybody in the inner circle of trust already knows it is in SEOUL, South Korea !! ;):D And that's the end of that. :angry: OK, I'm off, have a nice gardener too L-L !! :whome: Sorry I can't share one of mine... All this rain has left them with SO MUCH TO DO AROUND HERE...(devil smiley)

Love

SS

:D

... All this rain has left them with SO MUCH TO DO AROUND HERE...(devil smiley)

Love

SS

Uhm sweetie that's not the

rain :whome: ....youv'e put them in the pool again.....BAD GIRL!!!!

Moeti soe wiesie...neem da a paa kiekies dan ka ons oek mos a kjalender start. Da noem ons dit...Guardners Galore ;)

Lindy-Lee

:angry:

I went to the station, I went to the bus stop, I went to the tram stop and lastly I sashayed around the airport..........

BUT I COULD NOT FIND MY GARDENER!

Shame on all of you for getting me worked up....

Oh well, fortunately I live in MELBOURNE, so I am the happiest girl in the bunch!

Oh, by the way, I have a cleaner that comes in every two weeks, young and a male, so wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Mara

Guest Sunshine Sister

Ag shame, poor Durbs. Sorry that we have stolen your thread and turned it into Desperate Housewives 101 !! :lol:

....youv'e put them in the pool again.....BAD GIRL!!!!

Guilty, guilty, guilty. Ma' ag shame man, dis soe warm hieso by ons vandag, en toe wil ekke nou hie die manne ontevriede hê of soe hie... Toe dog ek maybe handag dat ons ammal ma bietjie afkoel... In die pool en soooe...Soothing vir hulle se lywe.. En my siel.. :whome: Vestaan djy ? :o

Ready roll on the Weed Warriors 2006/7.. Christmas edition.. Maybe this should be discussed in greater detail in our Ladies Lounge ? :angry:;) (Could this be the secrecy I once tried to create with my kinky thread - only better ??) Hehehehehe. ;)

Love

SS

:P

Edited by Sunshine Sister

Oooh my woooord! Not only does the spoilt lady have a cleaner (!!) who's a YOUNG MALE - can I dust your shelf ma'am? - and then LindyLee sends her a gardener. How lucky does one person get?

Guest Sunshine Sister

Ja, C'Lou, indeed, you are right ! :angry: Having her shelves dusted, and being sent a spanking gardener.. If we were to add Sydney to this equation she would have had the perfect life !! :whome: *phew* Luckily she's in Mellies instead, ;) we all need our challenges to keep life interesting !

Love

SS