employer sponsored 457 Temporary Visa

dirtbike

The 457 application is very straight forward!! We did our application on line ourselves and it was easy peasy!! I would suggest you save your $$$!! IMO no agent can do anything about your little green offence!! I will however mention it as it will look very bad if you don't and they find out!! They are much more lenient if you admit your transgressions!!

PS: Hope you lost your little green habbit!! Ya don't want to be caught here with the stuff on a temp visa, they might just send you back where you came from and then never let you in again!!

Thanks Nilo. Dont worry I kicked the habit many years ago. Just something I did when I was in my teens and something I regret. Guess just part of growing up...

What info will I need to get from the company before begining the online application? I also only have a year left on my current passport, should I apply for a new one before leaving?

Hi Dirtbike

You will need the Nomination Transaction Reference Number ( TRN) or Nomination Approval Number from the company.

You will need details of the total remuneration package from the employer as well as the Business address.

Your passport should be fine, it is recommended that you have 6 months remaining on your passport at the time of application.

Once you are this side apply for a new passport via the South African High Commission in Canberra, we did this for our daughter recently, it can take up to 6 months so we applied for a temporary passport, got that in 3 weeks and the actual passport took around 3 months.

We have done three 457 applications, one paper and 2 online, just holler if you need any help.

Andrea L

Good on you!! Yes our YOUTH!! My word if we only knew then what we know now!!! But then again maybe we wouldn't know it then would we?

Thanks for the advice. I would be happy just to get the 457 visa for the moment. I can do the application for a presidential pardon and try and clear my PCC. Lucky for me I dont have much tying me down here so the move will be pretty straight forward over there.

Dear Dirtbike

You do not need a presidential pardon for your PCC. My hubby also had a criminal offence which is 10 years old, and our 457 was approved, but you don't need a PCC for 457 anyway.

We were fed alot of bs from a number of sources in SA saying we'd have to get presedential pardon for the offence showing on hubby's pcc before our visa application would even be considered. We are here in Oz on a 457 visa, and are currently in the process of our PR application, and from personal experience and as per our case officer, any criminal offence older than 10 years and as long as you didn't serve time for the offence, they don't even look at the offence and it is deemed ineffectual.

Hope this helps.

G