SA'S TO BRISBANE..... OUR SPECIAL NEW FARM PARK PICNIC (ON THE RIVER)

steve&dee

SA'S TO BRISBANE..... OUR SPECIAL NEW FARM PARK PICNIC (ON THE RIVER)

DATE: 18th MAY 2008

TIME: 12 PM

LETS MEET UNDER THE TREE WITH THE PINK AND WHITE BALOONS TIED TO IT!!!!!

EACH TO BRING OUR OWN GOODIES ALONG, BLANKETS, YUMMY SNACKS, CAMERA'S, WINE... DON'T "FORGET" YOUR BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN TOO...

If it pours with rain, just in "cases" we will need to take a raincheck, but I am sure it will be a great day!!!

Ok, that sounds great! Hubby and I'll be there.

Will mention it to Carelene (da Female) and Trudie (Sheila2oz) and all the others I'm in touch with too.

Me and Marius will be there as well, will tell my friends...

Regards

Madelein

We only arrived in Brissie 2 weeks ago and would love to make some new friends.

We're keeping the data open, See you there.

Ok, that sounds great! Hubby and I'll be there.

Will mention it to Carelene (da Female) and Trudie (Sheila2oz) and all the others I'm in touch with too.

Ah lovely Nilo, looking forward to it.. have a lovely sunday afternoon, we have just come back from a drive to Manly, Raby, Redland, Cleveland, a nice drive... very pretty

Ah lovely, it will be great to meet and chat..

Me and Marius will be there as well, will tell my friends...

Regards

Madelein

Hi Madelein great, it will be good fun!

You can count Steph and Guy in to.

Won't mis it for the world, sounds like fun.

Stephanie

Ah Dee Dee is my sister - how I wish we could be there to join you all!! Sis there is another recent post on the forum here, it was from a youngish couple looking for mates in Brisbane and that got LOADS of responses. I'll try and find it and put your post on there. So glad you're networking :)

Remember to take loads of pics for your sister who's heart and head is in Brisbane already!! I am waking up at 3am tomorrow morning our time to phone the visa department so that we can now fight for it - not giving up - no seree!!

Eish! We'd love to be there, but that's the day we leave SA (if we can get hold of Deeksha@IOM to change our flight!). We will be sure to be at the next one tho! :)

Have fun everyone!

J&M

Hi

We have also just arrived 2 weeks ago and you can count us in to be there. Wil be great to meet up.

Jackie

Eish! We'd love to be there, but that's the day we leave SA (if we can get hold of Deeksha@IOM to change our flight!). We will be sure to be at the next one tho! :)

Have fun everyone!

J&M

ha ha that's great, you guys have a safe trip over and we will definitely be doing more and more...

great to see everyone's replies... have a lovely week

Thnx, I see Nilo answered for us, so we'll be there too.

C ya!!!!

Carelene

Hi Everyone

Well it seems as though I am not going to make it after all. The people I work with won't swop shifts with me so I can go to the picknick :blush: so I am a little upset at the moment.

I have met some nice SA people, but they just don't seem to be the kind of people I would call a real friend. I am still looking for those people and hoped to make some really great friends at the picnic. The more I get upset the worse my spelling gets and it is pathetic as I suffer from a form of dislexia. :lol: Office has spell check which helps.

I find that some of the people who I meet have a preconceived idea of what kind of SA people move to OZ. I am just a farmgirl, who does not have children, loves animals and adores my hubby. I call an apple an apple and despise lying and refuse to lie to people even if the truth hurts. I would rather have people hate me than call me a liar.

Why are some SA people so damned stuck up, its not like they are really anyone important. I wish everyone would just stop being pretencious(bugger the spelling) and get on with life. Other SA people don't want anything from them, they just want to keep in touch with something that feels real to them when they are down and longing for home.

Money does not buy style or class. You are either bred with it or not. So those who do think they are the cats whiskers, get over yourselves the sun does not set everytime you sit down. Sorry for the language but I can't stand Pretenciuos pri....ks!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope I spelt that right at least.

Sorry but I needed to vent and I enjoy most of the people on the forums posts, they sound down to earth.

Steph

hi julle

you can count us in

me the lovely wife gerda and 2 children

derek

powells2brisbane

Hi everyone,

After 1 month of being in Perth and could never make up our minds Brissie or Perth, Brissie or Perth, we have now come to a conclusion and it is Brissie.

If anybody could please let us know where this park is? We should be in Brissie round abouts the 16/17th May that would be nice and hopefully we will be joining you all for the picnic.

Steph, I read your message but was totally confused..... I have learn't such a long and hard lesson, don't waste your time on insignificant people and the lessor things in life, you are what you are and always appreciate who you are because you are somebody special to the people that count most in your life.

People who think they are something better are unhappy people and all you can do is help them to see the reality in the real world.

Sorry just had to add to your message. We are all so lucky to be in Australia today and alive and well. Enjoy your time here and sweep the dirt out.

Cheerio

Kathy

Hi KathyW

Thanks for that, needed a lecture to set me straight again. Appreciate the feedback, just venting some frustration.

Have met some nice forumites in the mean time, and chatting up a storm. Good to know there are wise people out there for us who still stumble at times.

Also just saw you have a birthday in July, one of the forumites I am chatting to has her birthday the day after you.

I am a July baby to.

Thanks anyway :whome:

Hi all, make sure you have another one in July so that we can make it...

K.rgds

Lynn

Hi KathyW

Thanks for that, needed a lecture to set me straight again. Appreciate the feedback, just venting some frustration.

Have met some nice forumites in the mean time, and chatting up a storm. Good to know there are wise people out there for us who still stumble at times.

Also just saw you have a birthday in July, one of the forumites I am chatting to has her birthday the day after you.

I am a July baby to.

Thanks anyway :whome:

You see now.................... us Cancerians are so emotional, I know, I know, but I hope you do feel better, we are one class on our own hey!!!

Now do please tell me where this River is?

Cheers

Kathy

You see now.................... us Cancerians are so emotional, I know, I know, but I hope you do feel better, we are one class on our own hey!!!

Now do please tell me where this River is?

Cheers

Kathy

Hi KathyW

You need to go over the Story Bridge heading north in right hand lane - go under overpass - first set of lights turn right into Brunswick Street and follow it

down to the end towards river. New Farm Park is on the left at the end of the Street.

Refedex UBD Map 160 - New Farm in middle of page.

Hope this is helpfull.

We July babies do tend to be a tad emotional :whome:

Greetings

Steph

Ons sal seker eers volgende jaar Mei se SAkuier in Brisbane saam met julle kom geniet,

ons harte is egter reeds daar en ons vertrou die 18de se piekniek op die rivierwalle gaan 'n great experience vir een en elkeen daar wees. Bid asseblief vir diegene wat nog besig is om te besluit of nog vasgevang voel in die uitgerekte proses van emigrasie. Sal iemand tydens die kuiergeleentheid vir ons navraag doen wie almal oorweeg ook om hul ouers te laat oorkom Brisbane toe.

Ons wil graag daardie 50plussers hier kontak, want dis 'n groep mense met eiesoortige issues wanneer dit kom by emigrasie. Ons sal hulle graag wil aanmoedig, ondersteun en wanneer ons arriveer in ons nuwe heimat, 'n 50plusser klub begin. Ons is so opgewonde om te lees van al hoe meer jongmense en jong SAner egpare wat in Brisbane gaan vestig. Stuur asseblief ons liefdegroete aan almal by die piekniek, julle het die regte besluit betyds geneem!

Blessings

Aktief

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Everyone

Well it seems as though I am not going to make it after all. The people I work with won't swop shifts with me so I can go to the picknick :ilikeit: so I am a little upset at the moment.

I have met some nice SA people, but they just don't seem to be the kind of people I would call a real friend. I am still looking for those people and hoped to make some really great friends at the picnic. The more I get upset the worse my spelling gets and it is pathetic as I suffer from a form of dislexia. :lol: Office has spell check which helps.

I find that some of the people who I meet have a preconceived idea of what kind of SA people move to OZ. I am just a farmgirl, who does not have children, loves animals and adores my hubby. I call an apple an apple and despise lying and refuse to lie to people even if the truth hurts. I would rather have people hate me than call me a liar.

Why are some SA people so damned stuck up, its not like they are really anyone important. I wish everyone would just stop being pretencious(bugger the spelling) and get on with life. Other SA people don't want anything from them, they just want to keep in touch with something that feels real to them when they are down and longing for home.

Money does not buy style or class. You are either bred with it or not. So those who do think they are the cats whiskers, get over yourselves the sun does not set everytime you sit down. Sorry for the language but I can't stand Pretenciuos pri....ks!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope I spelt that right at least.

Sorry but I needed to vent and I enjoy most of the people on the forums posts, they sound down to earth.

Steph

Ah soo sorry you can't make it Steph, lets try again another time, or you tell us when you are not working and we will make a plan... hope you are feeling better - big hug

dee

We are newbies to Oz and the forum, looking forward to meeting you all.

Michael, Sharon & Rylan Baird

Oh great, looking forward to meeting you!!

Dee